Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Crosby=captain?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 01/04/2009 : 14:25:56
Should Crosby be the Penguins captain??
28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9544 Posted - 02/21/2009 : 02:23:27
Crosby should be captain because he is the best hockey player in the NHL
Avalanche_17 Posted - 01/19/2009 : 06:47:03
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher

I dunno, hate me for it all you want, but i like Crosby. Not saying hes a great captain, im not a member of the Penguins Organization. Obviously the team views him as their leader, or he would not be their captain. While i do agree sometimes it seems like Crosby is a whiner(and maybe he is). Remember that this kid grew up hearing how great he was going to be, the next Gretz, and the savior of hockey. And nothing against the great one, but the only person that actually hit him (with the body) never played another game in the NHL. I think its hardly fair to compare the two. Crosby takes more crap than anyone else in the history of hockey. (My opinion, not a fact.) Hes still young, and maybe he will learn a better way then complaining, diving, or whatever the reasons everyone seems to hate him for. i remember in the world juniors, if someone said they hated Crosby, they would be hung beside the house of commons. As soon as he gets into the NHL, starts taking abuse from guys 10 years older and 50 pounds heavier, everyone hates him for it? Crosby is still a kid, and whether of not he is captain is the choice of the penguins. They chose him, the team stands behind him. I wonder if when Tavares complains about something, half of his fans are going to switch sides and call him a p**** too. Yes the "fight" may have been dirty, but like Beans said, any other captain does it, no scrutiny. And if anyone else noticed, Mclean chucked his gloves off too....
If he didn't want to fight, i dont understand why he would have done that.

Fair enough, the Penguins do seem to respect him as there leader, but first, if i were Mclean and Crosby asked me if I wanted to fight and I said yes I would expect him to at least look me in the eye then start the fight instead of hitting me when my head was down and I was defensless taking the faceoff. And this brings up my second point. A lot of people believe it is unfair that Crosby is being "picked on" but keep in mind how much he gains for being the face of the NHL. Anytime he does a nice move it gets shown a lot on all the sports networks, he gets paid a ton, the media loves him, and he has die hard fans that follow him everywhere and people buy tickets just to catch a glimpse of him. Now, I am not saying he is a bad player but I don't think he is a good captain. I am not picking on him, that is just my opinion and for every person that is considered the best at a sport out there should know that they are not going to be loved by everyone and take that consequences.
Thrasher Posted - 01/18/2009 : 23:53:46
I dunno, hate me for it all you want, but i like Crosby. Not saying hes a great captain, im not a member of the Penguins Organization. Obviously the team views him as their leader, or he would not be their captain. While i do agree sometimes it seems like Crosby is a whiner(and maybe he is). Remember that this kid grew up hearing how great he was going to be, the next Gretz, and the savior of hockey. And nothing against the great one, but the only person that actually hit him (with the body) never played another game in the NHL. I think its hardly fair to compare the two. Crosby takes more crap than anyone else in the history of hockey. (My opinion, not a fact.) Hes still young, and maybe he will learn a better way then complaining, diving, or whatever the reasons everyone seems to hate him for. i remember in the world juniors, if someone said they hated Crosby, they would be hung beside the house of commons. As soon as he gets into the NHL, starts taking abuse from guys 10 years older and 50 pounds heavier, everyone hates him for it? Crosby is still a kid, and whether of not he is captain is the choice of the penguins. They chose him, the team stands behind him. I wonder if when Tavares complains about something, half of his fans are going to switch sides and call him a p**** too. Yes the "fight" may have been dirty, but like Beans said, any other captain does it, no scrutiny. And if anyone else noticed, Mclean chucked his gloves off too....
If he didn't want to fight, i dont understand why he would have done that.
Avalanche_17 Posted - 01/17/2009 : 18:39:33
quote:
Originally posted by Reeder17

Crosby should not be the captain. Simply put.

Too young.
Whines constantly.
Does not know how to lead.
Only leads by example, important but not all that is needed in a captain.
Gonchar maybe?
Takes cheap shots.
Dives.
Can't grow facial hair that does not look like pubes.(Not a real one but funny).
Skill lead Pitts to the cup finals, not leadership.
Cocky.
Gives bad off-ice example.

Crosby is not the Jesus Lord & Savior of the NHL, get over yourself McGuire.

I agree, Crosby isn't even close to earning that C on his jersey. I think he is a good player with lots of talent I just can't stand the constant temper tantrums. There is no reason for it no matter how "frusterated" he is. A real hockey player lowers his head, pulls his s**t together, and continues playing the game as hard as he can. That is someone I would respect and follow, not someone who can't keep his head cause they are losing. This ties into what Reeder17 said about not knowing how to lead. Actually, I think Reeder was being kind when he said he leads by example. Sure, he gets points, but if everyone followed his example of leadership we would have a whole bunch of PIT players having their own little emotional fits on the ice and it would be more of a soap opera then a hockey game.
Reeder17 Posted - 01/17/2009 : 18:12:05
Crosby should not be the captain. Simply put.

Too young.
Whines constantly.
Does not know how to lead.
Only leads by example, important but not all that is needed in a captain.
Gonchar maybe?
Takes cheap shots.
Dives.
Can't grow facial hair that does not look like pubes.(Not a real one but funny).
Skill lead Pitts to the cup finals, not leadership.
Cocky.
Gives bad off-ice example.

Crosby is not the Jesus Lord & Savior of the NHL, get over yourself McGuire.
Canucks Man Posted - 01/17/2009 : 17:53:54
I would just like to point out that Ovechkins reason for not being captain was because he couldn't speak english.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 01/17/2009 : 16:00:16
No actually, because of Crosby's injury, Malking lead the Pens to the playoffs...I'll give him that, then the Flyers schooled hm on the intensity of the playoffs and he folded up his tent. Crosby continued on and lead the Pens to the finals...

If you're gonna bash a guy, at least make sure the rhetoric is somewhat correct...
DangleFest89 Posted - 01/17/2009 : 13:20:26
actually malkin lead the team to the stanley cup finals not crosby
deadalive Posted - 01/17/2009 : 10:18:44
Were Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Sakic too young to be captains? I'm sure people were arguing then that they were. Those decisions seemed to work out though...
I liked Crosby taking matters into his own hands, and I certainly hope people are upset in the pens locker room.
People thinking Crosby isn't a good captain because the pens aren't playing so great right now is silly. It would have been just as silly to say Crosby was the best leader of all time because he took a young, inexperienced team to the finals last year. Crosby's still a kid. Give him, and the team a chance to mature together. He's the face of the franchise, he's the captain, taking it away because of a rough patch would be a horrible, horrible move.
Porkchop73 Posted - 01/06/2009 : 15:53:14
I think Crosby blowing a gasket is purely a result of fustration. Does it mean he should not be a captain in the NHL. No, of course not. There have been several young successful captains throughout the years. All of them captains for different reasons. Some because of strong leadership, others because of extraordinary skills, and most of them because they are the one player that most players on the team think should be the captain. Sid Crosby has been the face of the new NHL even before he played a game in the league. His team lost in the final last year and are struggling to be a playoff team this year. Obviously there is a lot of fustration there and it got to him. It has happened to lots of captains before and will happen again. For that reason I say he should stay the captain of the Penguins, he is the obvious leader!
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 01/06/2009 : 13:08:22
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4631

thorntonisTHEMAN i seem to remember one joe thornton using his stick as a weapon on opposing players who were coming at him, he was even suspended for it. in the interview after the suspension he said he would continue to do whatever is needed to stop players from taking runs at him, this was dirty and cheap as well but it was needed and it got his point across. and he gets his room now................. did you get as fired up and critical of thornton then ? as you are with crosby right now?

Ha ha I kinda thought this would come up eventually. And as a matter of fact, yes I was very very much against that. And yes I told people that I was not impressed with it. I am definitely against anything that dangerous whether its Thornton, Bertuzzi, or Ovechkin.

As for this fight, I just cannot see the logic behind it. You say that it was to show his teammates and other teams that he won't be taking cheap hits from anyone. Well, cheap hits were not an issue here. He was simply frustrated cuz his team was getting whupped by Florida. Now, if his team was getting cheap-shotted (hmm, don't think that's a word) then I got no problems with him sticking up for his teammates. But that wasn't the case. He was simply frustrated and I don't think thats a good enough excuse for a fight. If he wanted to spark motivation into his teammates, then score a bloody goal. That would do a lot more than a fight would.

This is why I don't like ANY young player to be captain. When you are young, it is very easy for you to let your emotions get in the way of your abilities and leadership. Emotion can be good when it is harnessed properly but too often it leads to frustration which leads to stupid decisions. (and yes, this is my opinion and you can feel free to disagree)

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Guest4631 Posted - 01/05/2009 : 16:50:47
of course the pens locker room isnt a happy place to be right now, they are losing no one is happy, but no one is sitting there blaming crosby, he is the best person to lead that team on and of the ice. as for the fight, he was showing his frustration to his team and the rest of the league saying he isnt going to take it, like him or not he takes a lot of abuse on the ice from opposing players, and this shows he is willing to fight back.

thorntonisTHEMAN i seem to remember one joe thornton using his stick as a weapon on opposing players who were coming at him, he was even suspended for it. in the interview after the suspension he said he would continue to do whatever is needed to stop players from taking runs at him, this was dirty and cheap as well but it was needed and it got his point across. and he gets his room now................. did you get as fired up and critical of thornton then ? as you are with crosby right now?
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 01/05/2009 : 16:30:20
The thing I find most amusing about the Sid bashing is the lack of reason behind it. He whines, he cries, blah blah blah....
There is no arguing that he is very talented. There is no arguing that he is being used as the face of the NHL. There is no arguing that he is expected to lead the Penguins. There is no arguing that he gets more than the norm of on ice negative attention from opposing players.
The only thing that maybe can be argued is that he is too young to be named captain.

I wonder if all the naysayers said the same for Sakic and Yzerman?
I'm not saying Crosby's in their leaugue of leadership....yet. But don't forget, these 2 were only 21ish when they were named captains, and it seemed to have worked okay don't you think?

How about waiting and seeing if his leadership catches up to his skillset, rather than letting your bias, taint your opinions.
I know, I know, the pundits will all start talking about how he hasn't done this and he hasn't done that. Does anybody remember how bad the Wings and Nordiques were? It took years before Sakic and Yzerman led their clubs to glory, I think Crosby can be given credit for at least putting Pittsburgh back on the map, post Mario. Give it a few years, see if he is as bad as some think, and good luck with that.

Or continue to blow off all the hot air....it's -30C here, I can use the 'Chinook of beligerence' to warm my old bones.
Beans15 Posted - 01/05/2009 : 16:05:09
1) Yes, other players do the EXACT same things. I'm not arguing that. But no one says anything because they never hear about it. When the great Crosby gets into a fight, EVERYBODY hears about it. And that is why it is scrutinized so much. He's the media darling so his good plays are over done and so are his bad plays. This fight was yes, blown out of proportion, but nonetheless, a cheap fight. It also pisses me off that most people assume that Crosby did ask McLean and McLean said yes because that's what Crosby is saying. However, McLean is saying that he never heard Crosby say anything. So which one is telling the truth? Who knows? But the majority of people side with Crosby's story. I find that annoying.

I completely agree, and this is my point. Because it's Crosby, it's cheap and over covered. If Iginla grabbed this kid off the face off and rocked him in the jaw a couple of times, the media would love it.

2) You can have your opinion. But so can I. And you don't need simply assume that my opinion immature simply because it is different than yours.

You are definately allowed to have an opinion that is different than mine. All I am saying is that all the Crosby bashing in immature. Do I completely disagree with what you are saying??? No, not completely. But, bashing this situation purely on the fact that it's Crosby would be weak and immmature. Is that your opinion?? I don't know, only you can answer that.

3) Frustration I can handle. Frustration is often good. But isn't it better to have Crosby on the ice for 20 minutes rather than in the box? Whatever you may say, he would help his team a lot more by playing the game rather than fighting. And I don't have a problem with him acting "out of character" but fighting is simply something that he should not do as he is one of the elite players in the NHL and is a threat every time he's on the ice.

This is the same garbage arguement that you hear every time Iginla fights. The "pundants" say he shouldn't. I wonder if you ask his team mates if they would say the same?? I wonder if there is a corolation to Iginla fighting and his team scoring the next goal? I would say almost certainly there is.

4) You are correct. He didn't throw a punch. Probably mostly cuz he isn't a fighter. But it was still a lousy fight and he still grabbed a completely unsuspecting McLean and tried to throw him to the ice.

This is speculation. No one knows if McLean was unsuspecting.

5) I never said that his teammates think he is cowardly. All I said is that I've read that the Pens dressing room is not happy right now, on a completely seperate note from the fight. The fight had nothing to do with it.

And the Pens dressing room is unhappy because Crosby is the Captain and things would improve if he wasn't captain anymore?? Isn't that what your point behind this thread was??? I don't get it.

6) The fans???? You got to be kidding me. The fans got all excited when Bertuzzi sucker-punched Moore from behind too!

Ya, and Bertuzzi would still be in Vancouver, more than likely still hugely popular, and still a fan favorite if Moore didn't get hurt. It's not different than the fans cheering when Stevens gave Lindros a concussion. It's not like they booed??? Part of the appeal to hockey it the physical piece. Not only for the fans but for the players. I don't get this one either.

7) I don't argue that most captains would do the same thing but that doesn't change my position on it. When your captain is your best offensive threat, he does your team a hell of a lot more good on the ice than in the box. That is why the league has guys like Laracque, Shelley, Parros, Neil, Phillips etc. And I especially don't like it when it's done in frustration which is what I think happened in this situation.

Again, I go back to Iginla. He is, in my opinion, the best captain in the league today. The team loves him, the players love him, the fans love him. Part of that is that he will not only defend himself, he will defend his team mates too. And I can all be promise that no Calgary player holds any negativity if Iginla drops the mitts. That's the way hockey used to be played. Everyone needed to drop the mitts. Why is it so different now and why is it so bad that Crosby did??
leigh Posted - 01/05/2009 : 15:46:51
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

quote:
Originally posted by Guest2185

end of the day ... who freakin cares who is pittsburgs Captain ... I think you really need to rethink your life prioritiess if this is the most pressing issue in your life right now

Haha wow! well, this is a hockey and we debate hockey on here. Do I really care who is Pittsburg's captain? No! But I love debating hockey and getting into heated discussions about it as I'm sure most people on this forum do. Does that mean its our life priorities? No. But it's a heck of a lot of fun!

I'll second that sentiment TITM!
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 01/05/2009 : 15:36:58
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2185

end of the day ... who freakin cares who is pittsburgs Captain ... I think you really need to rethink your life prioritiess if this is the most pressing issue in your life right now

Haha wow! well, this is a hockey and we debate hockey on here. Do I really care who is Pittsburg's captain? No! But I love debating hockey and getting into heated discussions about it as I'm sure most people on this forum do. Does that mean its our life priorities? No. But it's a heck of a lot of fun!

Brett Hull.
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 01/05/2009 : 15:34:03
1) Yes, other players do the EXACT same things. I'm not arguing that. But no one says anything because they never hear about it. When the great Crosby gets into a fight, EVERYBODY hears about it. And that is why it is scrutinized so much. He's the media darling so his good plays are over done and so are his bad plays. This fight was yes, blown out of proportion, but nonetheless, a cheap fight. It also pisses me off that most people assume that Crosby did ask McLean and McLean said yes because that's what Crosby is saying. However, McLean is saying that he never heard Crosby say anything. So which one is telling the truth? Who knows? But the majority of people side with Crosby's story. I find that annoying.

2) You can have your opinion. But so can I. And you don't need simply assume that my opinion immature simply because it is different than yours.

3) Frustration I can handle. Frustration is often good. But isn't it better to have Crosby on the ice for 20 minutes rather than in the box? Whatever you may say, he would help his team a lot more by playing the game rather than fighting. And I don't have a problem with him acting "out of character" but fighting is simply something that he should not do as he is one of the elite players in the NHL and is a threat every time he's on the ice.

4) You are correct. He didn't throw a punch. Probably mostly cuz he isn't a fighter. But it was still a lousy fight and he still grabbed a completely unsuspecting McLean and tried to throw him to the ice.

5) I never said that his teammates think he is cowardly. All I said is that I've read that the Pens dressing room is not happy right now, on a completely seperate note from the fight. The fight had nothing to do with it.

6) The fans???? You got to be kidding me. The fans got all excited when Bertuzzi sucker-punched Moore from behind too!

7) I don't argue that most captains would do the same thing but that doesn't change my position on it. When your captain is your best offensive threat, he does your team a hell of a lot more good on the ice than in the box. That is why the league has guys like Laracque, Shelley, Parros, Neil, Phillips etc. And I especially don't like it when it's done in frustration which is what I think happened in this situation.
Guest2185 Posted - 01/05/2009 : 15:14:33
Since he was mentioned above ....

Chara was made captain before he even played a game in Bostons Uniform .... and a guy who 12 years ago was washing cars in a chevy dealers lot before NYI signed him to rookie sal cap and a mill bonus barely speaking a word of english (I know this because I helped him in Highschool while he played Major Junior for the Prince George Cougars ..where he was an enforcer..not the skilled d-man you see today) ..and does anyone know where Boston is in the NHL today ... Talk about inexpirianced captains ....

As far a Sidney Crosby goes ... who else is gonna step up bat .. I dont know about dressing room but on ice he sure is a leader in my eyes ... he has passion, drive and has the will to win ... and he seems to bring it every game I see (granted not that many Pitts games are TV here in the west other than Center ice cable pakage)

Team Captain might just be a figurehead for some teams ... Luigi is the real "Captain" in Vancouver but not really according to the NHL in fact I have no clue who Vancouvers Captain really is .. Nor do I care ... the fact of the matter is some teams choose for locker room leadership ... some choose for on ice leadership ... some choose their captians based upon their stats and if they are the teams franchise player or not (see Tampa and Vinny)
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 01/05/2009 : 14:56:28
That was me (see above)

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest9215 Posted - 01/05/2009 : 14:55:43
Wow, Beans I think you are totally right. I was never one to really buy into the whole "Hate Crosby because he's Crosby" mentality, but there has been so much of it that it was starting to rub off on me just a little. People will just hate on him no matter what he does.
He is a great player and great ambassador for the penguins and the league, especially at such a young age. He is only going to get a million times better, and I hope he proves alot of people wrong.
Beans15 Posted - 01/05/2009 : 14:11:16
Oh this is wrong on so many levels.

1) I can not speak for Willus, but in my opinion, this is immature crap. No one is specifically immature, but the Crosby bashing opinion is immature. Why is the guy not allowed to get frustrated and blow off some steam??? Why is it that other players do this and there is not even a mention of it??? That's the immature part in my opinion. And, just because someone is a moderator, does not mean they are not entitled to their own opinion. When I was asked to be a mod, no one told me I had to agree with everyone.

2) I(f these things are true)The fact that Crosby is frustrated that they are not played well is a GOOD thing. The fact that he was upset that a player that could have made them a better team went somewhere else is a GOOD thing. What it your point??

3) You are kind of contridicting yourself when you say that my opinions (such as no one else on the Pitt team deserves the C). How can you say that any of his team mates think he is a coward for"punching" another player. You have no idea what kind of impact this has no different than I do.

4) I have watched the clip numerous times. Maybe I am looking at something else, but I didn't see Crosby throw a single punch. Here is the clip I have watched. Please tell me if this is the same one you are talking about. If so, where is this punch?? Crosby dropped his gloves and grabbed the guys jersey and tossed him around. How could he throw a punch when he never let go of the guys jersey??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3RfDTNM4q8

5) Did you hear the fans?? Do you honest think that didn't show not only the fans but his team mates that he will fight back???

Seriously, answer me this, watch the clip again very closely and then tell me if you think that Dustin Brown would not do something like that?? Or Mike Richards?? Ethan Moreau??? Hell, most captains in the league??

I think it's just because it's Crosby.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 01/05/2009 : 14:00:22
Hey guys, wouldn't you think that with all the pressure that the NHL, the media, the fans (and Crosby himsel)f puts on him would have alot to do with the obvious frustration that is spewing out onto the ice?
Maybe there is some weight to thorntonisthemans arguement that he is too young. I mean, you could make the point that there is enough pressure on him already so why make him captain as well?

Couldn't Gary Roberts have been captain for at least one year before giving it to Sid? Everyone considered him to be a big time leader in that dressing room anyways. It all seemed to be working out fine last year, but that was with alot more experience in the dressing room. Before this season is over I think we will see whether or not Sid really is made of the certain kind of cloth it takes to be a captain.

He has to take this team by the balls and carry them into the playoffs.

(to agree with beans as well, I kind of enjoyed seeing crosby pound someone. I think he had to do something to show he wasn't afraid to dish out some punishment. Im not so sure it was a cheap shot either, sid did say the guy agreed to fight. What the hell was the other guys problem?)

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 01/05/2009 : 11:57:22
Immature crap? And this is coming from a mod? Wow! And Beans, like you said, no one on here is in the Pittsburg dressing room. So all we have to go on to base our arguments is either what the media or other players tell us. Now I have seen numerous articles saying that Crosby is extremely frustrated with how the Pens are doing and that the dressing room is exactly happy right now. And it is common knowledge that Crosby was upset that Hossa didn't resign. I have no doubt in my mind that Crosby will eventually be a very good captain but like Leigh said, I am under the conviction that someone must earn their C. I am not at all a fan of young guys being captains whether it be Crosby, Lecavalier, Ovechkin, Toews, or heck even Gretz.
You say you look at the lineup and see no one who should have the "C" in place of the kid. Well I'll give your argument right back to you. You have no idea what goes on in the dressing room so you have NOO idea whether there is someone else on that team that should have the "C".
And I don't care whether it's Iginla, Brown, Chara, Arnott, Moreau,Sakic, or Crosby. ANYONE who punches another player when his head is down is a coward. Obey the unwritten code of fighting conduct and allow your opponent a fair chance.
Beans15 Posted - 01/05/2009 : 07:33:28
If anyone thought this was a personal attack, I am sorry. That was not my intention.

All I was saying is that there appears to be more anti-Crosby posts as of late and I think they are unwarranted. I mean, the guy it the face of the NHL weather I (or anyone else) likes it or not. All I am saying is that people should being reasonable with their opinions. Just because he's Crosby, should he be treated differently, in this case, than any other Captain in the league??? Why is it that if some other team Captain grabs a guy off a face off and tosses him around the ice, he's a saint. Yet, if Crosby does it, take away the C????

Listen, I am not saying I disagree that he was too young (at the time) to become Captain and there were other choices who would be better in my opinion. However, he's got the job now and hasn't done that bad of a job. If you look at the roster of Pitt today, I don't see a player that should have the C in place of the Kid.

Again, not my intention to attack anyone personally.
leigh Posted - 01/04/2009 : 19:46:46
With all due respect fellas, it's a legitimate argument. There are a lot of young captains right now that I think need to EARN their stripes before becoming captains. If what Thorntonistheman is saying is true then I respect what Ovechkin did and I think young stars can learn from it.

Thorntonistheman may have read somewhere or heard a broadcast saying htat the atmmosphere in the dressing room is tainted or something. As fans this is all we have to go on, and this is why we take part in the forums, so we can bs and discuss these sorts of things.

I don't think this post is the least bit immature so let's practice what we preach and make sure we don't take any personal stabs.
willus3 Posted - 01/04/2009 : 16:58:32
I'm with you there Beans. It's getting very tiring reading the immature crap being written here. Not just this thread either.

"Society, have mercy on me. Hope you're not angry if I disagree." - Jerry Hannan
Beans15 Posted - 01/04/2009 : 16:10:10
This is a garbage reason to say that Crosby is not ready to be a captain. C'mon! I mean, if this was Ethan Moreau, Jerome Iginla, Zdeno Chara, Dustin Brown or Jason Arnott, would you think that these guys shouldn't be captains either?? Just because it is out of character, doesn't mean anything at all.

Honestly, I loved it. It's about time that Crosby sent a message to the league saying that he is willing do stuff like this.

And how does anyone (especially on here) have any clue what it's like in Pitts dressing room? I sure hope you are not believing the garbage that you hear on TV or in the news. As I grew up with a current NHL player, I am not saying that I have any clue what it going on in their dressing room. But I do know that he told me that only about 25% of the crap you hear through the media on stuff like this is factual. He was supposidly in a full out fist fight with his team mate in a dressing room via the media and it was actually the other guys birthday and they were wrestling around.

I dunno, Pitt goes to the NHL finals the first year Sid's team Captain. Wonder if that has any weight to it???

(PS, On a side note, I can't beleive how much I am finding myself defending Crosby as of late. I really don't like him as a player but stuff like this is just weak.)
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 01/04/2009 : 14:26:53
I gained a lot of respect for Ovechkin this year when he turned down the "C" saying that there are guys in the locker room that are more deserving of being Captain. However, Crosby took the "C" and was made the youngest captain ever in the NHL. I'm not a big fan of young guys being captain. It didn't work for Lecavalier and I don't think its working for Crosby. People in Pittsburg are saying that the Pens dressing room is not a fun place to be and Crosby is still pissed that the Pens didn't resign Hossa. And the way he jumped McLean was the final straw for me to believe that Crosby is not ready to be the Penguins captain.

Brett Hull.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page