Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - All Star Week

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 01/22/2007 : 10:55:03
Its All Star Week - Which do you find more entertaining?
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1 Crosby fan Posted - 01/26/2007 : 17:18:02
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Haha thanks, even I make typos.

The All-Star Game was much more exciting than the skills. No one had any guts to try anything entertaining in the breakaway relay except St. Louis. The rest was just the usual skills... Where was Datsyuk when you needed him?

I totally agree with ya babs
bablaboushka Posted - 01/26/2007 : 16:30:25
Haha thanks, even I make typos.

The All-Star Game was much more exciting than the skills. No one had any guts to try anything entertaining in the breakaway relay except St. Louis. The rest was just the usual skills... Where was Datsyuk when you needed him?
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/26/2007 : 15:48:12
quote:

Well I would stop bringing it up but I mean no one is willing to make an effort to correct the problem. I won't correct everyone's spelling mistakes at every post, in fact I rarely ever do. I just think that when you KNOW you've misspelled some player's name, instead of showing everyone you can't spell by writing something like "I know this is spelled wrong", look up the correct spelling and show everyone you can. While you're doing this, you'll learn for yourself how to spell it and from them on you'll be making one mistake less. I wasn't born knowing how to spell Miikka Kiprusoff or Jay Bouwmeester...

Like I tell my Atom kids, all I can ask for is effort.

I think that is supposed to be "then"

Go Preds Go!!!
leigh Posted - 01/26/2007 : 15:23:38
See Spell check thread...

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1250
bablaboushka Posted - 01/26/2007 : 13:58:44
Forgive me admin for going off subject, I know you didn't create this thread for a spelling debate but allow me to address this issue while it has been brought up:
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

quote:

If you know the spelling is wrong, look it up and change it:
Google or NHL.com: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=PlayerSearchPage

I don't think you need to remind us at every turn Babs. We don't have to be this anal about spelling. Life goes on, it's a hockey forum, not an english test. As long as we show respect and make reasonable attempts with it, that should suffice. Any further comments on spell check should be relegated to the spell check thread please. Spoken from the longest standing member of this prestigious site.

Well I would stop bringing it up but I mean no one is willing to make an effort to correct the problem. I won't correct everyone's spelling mistakes at every post, in fact I rarely ever do. I just think that when you KNOW you've misspelled some player's name, instead of showing everyone you can't spell by writing something like "I know this is spelled wrong", look up the correct spelling and show everyone you can. While you're doing this, you'll learn for yourself how to spell it and from then on you'll be making one mistake less. I wasn't born knowing how to spell Miikka Kiprusoff or Jay Bouwmeester...

Like I tell my Atom kids, all I can ask for is effort.
leigh Posted - 01/26/2007 : 13:13:56
quote:

Google or NHL.com: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=PlayerSearchPage

I don't think you need to remind us at every turn Babs. We don't have to be this anal about spelling. Life goes on, it's a hockey forum, not an english test. As long as we show respect and make reasonable attempts with it, that should suffice. Any further comments on spell check should be relegated to the spell check thread please. Spoken from the longest standing member of this prestigious site.

Anyway back on track, I have to say that I was pleasantly suprised with the entertainment value of the All Star game this year. Hats off to the players!
bablaboushka Posted - 01/25/2007 : 16:42:36

leafsfan_101 Posted - 01/25/2007 : 16:11:54
Wasn't the skills comp. boring this year? I want to see the best players in the NHL compete in what they do best. For example, I wanted to see Crosby in the Puck relay, but instead saw Bomeester(spelling is wrong, I know).

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/25/2007 : 15:31:24
I liked the skills competition better, would have liked to see Kariya there tho.

Go Preds Go!!!
ryschevy1 Posted - 01/25/2007 : 08:52:07
Hey 2284, and 6592, why are you hiding behind a guest name? If you're gonna come on here and attack people then why don't you get signed up and show your face? IHC does come up with some funny stuff, but we wouldn't have as many entertaining debates if this guy wasn't here. I don't think he's American, but who cares if he is???
Anyhow I think I enjoyed the game more this year, but it hasn't always been that way. This year with so many new players it seemed to be a bit more competitive than years past.
GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Guest2284 Posted - 01/25/2007 : 08:38:18
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

hey leafsfan, that quote at the bottom by herm edwards is hilarious......That guy is always good for a chuckle eh?

I HATE CROSBY

y do u hate crosby hes the best player in the nhl u yankeee

Guest2284 Posted - 01/25/2007 : 08:36:02
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

I said the All-Star Game. Watching the game on my birthday (Jan. 24th)is plenty cool enough for me

happy birthday buddy
]
1 Crosby fan Posted - 01/24/2007 : 19:54:54
IDK because i like both of them but i voted Skills
Just-in-time Posted - 01/23/2007 : 20:42:10
The skills competition i think is more fun to watch, only thing is there are to many breaks inbetween competitions.

Go Jets Go
leafsfan_101 Posted - 01/23/2007 : 15:52:58
LOL didn't think my quote would generate soo much debate. I love that quote, its good you all like it too.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
semin-rules Posted - 01/23/2007 : 14:10:28
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6592

he (I hate Crosby) who do u think u are? that kid might just be the one to break all of the records books, so shut ur mouth, besides what do u do! work at a gas station u BUM!

no personal attacks on anybody
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=609

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Beans15 Posted - 01/23/2007 : 11:23:12
Wow, Guest6592 has some anger issues. Although I don't agree with much IHC says, I am still entertained by his opinion.

And that quote is awesome.
Guest6592 Posted - 01/23/2007 : 11:13:16
he (I hate Crosby) who do u think u are? that kid might just be the one to break all of the records books, so shut ur mouth, besides what do u do! work at a gas station u BUM!
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/22/2007 : 18:58:10
hey leafsfan, that quote at the bottom by herm edwards is hilarious......That guy is always good for a chuckle eh?

I HATE CROSBY
leafsfan_101 Posted - 01/22/2007 : 18:25:53
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

I've always enjoyed the skills more than the game. But I think this year might be different. I think with this many young guys it may be a little more intense. I hope so.

Yea, I agree on that one. It seems this allstar game will have some skill generated in it.

~You play to win the Game~Herm Edwards
leigh Posted - 01/22/2007 : 17:37:07
I've always enjoyed the skills more than the game. But I think this year might be different. I think with this many young guys it may be a little more intense. I hope so.
-oil-country- Posted - 01/22/2007 : 16:21:52
i like the skills competition
Mikhailova Posted - 01/22/2007 : 11:16:05
I said the All-Star Game. Watching the game on my birthday (Jan. 24th)is plenty cool enough for me

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page