Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Web site comments only
 Can't access from 8AM to 9ishAM East

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest7385 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 05:27:21
every morning the site is down from about 8 to 9 AM (east) for all the people in my pool. Sometimes we can get in but we can't click anything (processing screen until an error message)

I think this is since the inception of the new chat but whatever, I guess it's because more bandwidth required the morning when everybody goes to check the pool?

Anyway I hope something can be done about it!

thanks

PB
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest0798 Posted - 12/16/2009 : 06:54:48
[quote]Originally posted by Guest9181

Is this a serious post???? Complaining about not being able to access a hockey pool at certain times? You people need to do something with your lives if your "life" depends on viewing a hockey pool. Jeez!!!

How does prefering to look at a pool in the morning equated to dependency? It is called convienience or preference. Perhaps you need to learn to read for comprehension.

Most people actually have lives that revolve around a schedule. Drinking a coffee in the morning while checking you pool is probably the most common things on this forum.

My point was in regards to complaining about something so trivial. Not about viewing a pool with a morning coffee, which is something I enjoy as well. Saying people were dependent on it was a hypothetical theory to underscore the point I was trying to get across. I think it is you who need to learn to read and comprehend,
Guest7385 Posted - 12/15/2009 : 11:48:35
also, admin, are you a bot? you seem to never ever get mad haha!
Guest6138 Posted - 12/15/2009 : 06:28:48
yup, working fine now. Thanks
admin Posted - 12/14/2009 : 15:00:59
Thanks 7385! Since you were the first one to post I'm glad it was you that responded, this way we know we got it. Please fire us an email and post back here if you notice it pop up again.

Cheers!
Admin
Guest7385 Posted - 12/14/2009 : 12:53:55
hey admin, this morning it was lighning fast!

you guys stepped up for sure there, good job!
admin Posted - 12/14/2009 : 10:40:56
Ok so last night we did some work on the site and we think it helped. Can any of you who were experiencing problems last week confirm that it worked fine this morning?

We didn't receive any emails or posts from people about a slow site or error messages today, so we think we nabbed the problem. Confirmation anyone?
Guest9181 Posted - 12/14/2009 : 09:07:08
Is this a serious post???? Complaining about not being able to access a hockey pool at certain times? You people need to do something with your lives if your "life" depends on viewing a hockey pool. Jeez!!!

How does prefering to look at a pool in the morning equated to dependency? It is called convienience or preference. Perhaps you need to learn to read for comprehension.

Most people actually have lives that revolve around a schedule. Drinking a coffee in the morning while checking you pool is probably the most common things on this forum.
admin Posted - 12/13/2009 : 13:30:08
Hey everyone. Let's take it down a notch. People are welome to go to any site they wish. Yahoo is a fine site and they offer a great service, so does Officepools, Hockeydraft, Poolexpert and a few others. There is room for everyone and if you would prefer to use any of those services we will not stop you. Thanks for giving us a whirl and try us again in the future.

Our job is to make sure our site is running well and right now we have a few reports of the site being slow and, as we have done for any other problem in the past, we will fix it. We are working on the issue and it will be resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll keep people informed in this thread. To be most helpful if you notice a problem please email support at pickuphockey.com and politely inform us of the issue. Please give us as much information as possible.

Kind regards,
Admin
Guest0798 Posted - 12/13/2009 : 05:11:26
Guest9181 Posted - 12/13/2009 : 04:44:09
Never had a problem with Yahoo! responding. We had a manager get his email account banned. After shooting off an email with his new address it was fixed in less than 24 hours.
Guest4629 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 19:39:37
oh ya according to the post above by admin they jumped to the pump and fixed the issue within a day and got back to us to let us know. That's pretty awesome. If they make a mistake or there is a problem with the site they should be held accountable and they are - and they do take it admirably. I'm not looking for perfection all the time (except in my stats) just a site that reacts to its users when they come calling. these guys do that. I'm grateful that they are here and provide another great pool option. different people want different things so go wherever makes you happy. the internet is a big place.
Guest4629 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 19:31:26
I have never had this problem you are describing and I look at the site at the same time. And I'm able to grab a coffee and enjoy looking at the site every day. Great site with great service. Try sending an email to yahoo pools, never an answer. Besides I doubt this site makes much money on a few ads being rotated. My hat is off to the people how run this for peanuts in payment.
Guest9181 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 07:11:58
Yahoo! may be missing those two little stat categories but you never have issues with the site and you can see the points/stats accumulation live. Those two are worth far more than being able to add two relatively unimportant statistical categories.

I would rather be able to grab a coffee and know I will be able to enjoy it while checking my pools. This site is aggravation after aggravation. I am crossing my fingers that the one pool I am in that has yet to embrace Yahoo! will next year.
admin Posted - 12/11/2009 : 17:33:53
Ok, so we had a few database "house-keeping" tasks running in the morning that we think may have been causing this slow down. We've shuffled things around to new times and we'll keep an eye on it over the weekend.

Let us know if you notice an improvement, or if it stays the same. This is the forum to do it in.

BTW, when was the first time you noticed this behaviour (we haven't received notices of it prior to now, and we hadn't noticed it ourselves, but then again we're on the west coast)

Thanks for the heads up.
Admin
admin Posted - 12/11/2009 : 16:59:27
Thanks for posting the error. It really helps us track it down. We'll look into it and post back here.

Stay tuned.
Admin.

Guest9560 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 10:55:30
Having the same troubles. It's almost 2pm EST and still having trouble logging into the site.
Guest7385 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 10:11:00
3 people and counting...... hopefully all of us who can't get in will come forward.

And all the little pickuphockey fanboys who keep saying : ''go on yahoo! pool'' well that doesn't help to improve the website here. This place is free yes, but it makes money from ads and if people change well that's less money for them. so really you're not helping anyone.

I'm sure all the manual refreshing required from your silly chat javascript is hurting your bandwidth consumption like hell. Look, I refresh this website hundreds of times a day just to read what my friends are saying. This is not normal. imagine the megabytes of transfer I waste for your server just to use the chat. I would use the refresh chat button, except it doesn't work!

This place has been getting slower and slower ever since the new chat and now we can't even just get in the pools.

Oh well.
Guest6138 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 09:56:20
I cant get in either. It has been like this for a couple of days.
Guest7385 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 09:54:58
5 hours and counting, still haven't been able to access my pool.... sucks *ss
Guest2910 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 09:02:27
i still cannot access my pool! its been the same thing everyday all morning. just get an error but there is no problem getting in the forum. getting really frustrating....
Guest7385 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 07:41:05
sorry for the multiple posts but 10h40 and still haven't been able ot get in, either the chat or the pool. that's 2 and a half hours lost for me.

meanwhile, the forum is lightning fast. You need to better adress your bandwidth allocation or something
Guest7385 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 05:42:54
Here is the error message in case it's helpful

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
Guest7385 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 05:42:14
Meh I was there last year and I like the stats better here, MGM and ppg is not even available on yahoo...or at least wasn't last year...

and anyway they should make the site work in the mornings right
Guest9181 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 05:32:53
Yahoo! Pools would be the answer.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page