Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Other Leagues: AHL, ECHL, Junior
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... International Hockey
 CROSBY SHOULD BE CAPTAIN!!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest0482 Posted - 12/31/2009 : 14:29:28
After watching the news and listening to people thoughts who else thinks its absurb how many people want Crosby as Captain this kid has no where the amount of experience and knowlege compared to half the team. Sure in time he will be a great team Captian but in the meantime people smartin up.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bozonator Posted - 02/16/2010 : 22:51:11
I believe you can only have one C and two A's, so I assume they will just be rotating A's throughout the tourney between Pronger, Crosby and Iginla.
irvine Posted - 02/16/2010 : 17:24:18
I thought Crosby was assigned as an Assistant Captain during the 2010 Olympics?

I do not see him wearing an 'A' during game 1 VS Norway.

Or, are they just rotating A's throughout the tourney?

Irvine/prez.
Guest4004 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 21:45:46
There is no way you can tell me crosby is a better leader that richards
Guest4004 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 21:45:00
There is no way you can tell me crosby is a better leader that richards
irvine Posted - 01/01/2010 : 19:59:41
As much as I respect Crosby's play, leadership and work ethic. He just does not have the experience some other guys have as the leader of an olympic team or even an NHL team.

Niedermyer is the correct choice, with Iginla trailing slightly behind.

Giving an 'A' to Crosby is also the correct decision here. He's a young leader, who will eventually be the King of Canada in Olympics to come.

Irvine/prez.
Leafs81 Posted - 01/01/2010 : 18:24:58
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Iginla was my choice for captain. While i don't have a problem with the Niedermeyer choice, i'd have preferred to see Iggy get the C. To me, he's the classiest player, well spoken, respected, etc. Overall, it really doesn't matter, there's enough leaders on this team and they'll all get their chance to be the leaders they need to be whether they're wearing a letter or not.

I was also hoping for Iginla. But Niedermayer is also a great choice. I'm so glad Crosby isn't because now he can just go and play, score goals, set up some more and be the man at some important point during the tourney.
Alex116 Posted - 01/01/2010 : 17:01:28
Iginla was my choice for captain. While i don't have a problem with the Niedermeyer choice, i'd have preferred to see Iggy get the C. To me, he's the classiest player, well spoken, respected, etc. Overall, it really doesn't matter, there's enough leaders on this team and they'll all get their chance to be the leaders they need to be whether they're wearing a letter or not.
polishexpress Posted - 01/01/2010 : 16:00:16
NO WAY should Crosby be captain: when there are players with more experience (ie Pronger, Niedermayer), are older, he should not be named captain of the national team. Besides, how could he captain an Olympic team when it his first Olympics? Beans is right, 4 years from now, he could be captain.
Beans15 Posted - 01/01/2010 : 11:59:24
Neidermayer was absolutely my number 1 choice, with Iginla a very close 2nd.

However, I would put Crosby over Pronger.

It's nothing against Crosby, it's just not his turn or his time. 2014 fits better.
Guest6851 Posted - 01/01/2010 : 09:29:16
Crosby's a great player but is not well liked by others in the league and thus not the best fit for an Olympic Captain. He can lead in other ways but putting up a s*%it ton of points.
Canucks Man Posted - 12/31/2009 : 16:56:40
Yeah Crosby will most likley be captain If the nhl sends to Russia in 4 years but right now it isn't his time. I definatly think he deserves the A they are putting on him for this tournament though.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page