Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Dallas
 Marty Turco - Future back up?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Canucks Man Posted - 01/17/2010 : 12:56:47
I heard last night on HNIC that the Stars will not be resigning Marty Turco, I wonder if he will find a job next season as it seems most teams are set for starters, would he take a back-up role to keep his career going?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 01/23/2010 : 12:03:10
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9668

Turco has obviously never won a cup. It isn't debatable he has been remarkably consistent over his career- but remember shy of one playoff run he had the stigma of choking when it mattered in the postseason. Add to the fact he is clearly aging and regressed, and I'm not sure how much value he could bring outside of being a veteran backup on a team with possibly shaky tending (obv. Washington).

That being said, if I'm Was trading for a goalie I'm calling the Islanders and going after Roloson (now that Dipietro is back they don't need 3 starting goalies)

I think I'd trade for Halak before either Turco or Roloson. I feel that kid is the real deal and would do well as a starter on a contender. Hey maybe Montreal wants Theodore back.

It all depends on the team. If we are talking Chicago, why go after Halak, who will be looking for $3-4 million a season for long term when you have Neimi in your back pocket. Neimi has shown me more than Halak has. He's my long term horse. So what I need is short term, experience, and ability to take a team to the Cup. Who would that be??? Dwayne Roloson, who was beyong brilliant for Edmonton in their Cup run as well as since.

Mark my words, Halak = Theordore. He will sign a contract bigger than he should as a #1 somewhere and before the end of next season will be proven to be an awesome back up and an average to below average starter.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/23/2010 : 09:25:06
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9668

Turco has obviously never won a cup. It isn't debatable he has been remarkably consistent over his career- but remember shy of one playoff run he had the stigma of choking when it mattered in the postseason. Add to the fact he is clearly aging and regressed, and I'm not sure how much value he could bring outside of being a veteran backup on a team with possibly shaky tending (obv. Washington).

That being said, if I'm Was trading for a goalie I'm calling the Islanders and going after Roloson (now that Dipietro is back they don't need 3 starting goalies)

I think I'd trade for Halak before either Turco or Roloson. I feel that kid is the real deal and would do well as a starter on a contender. Hey maybe Montreal wants Theodore back.
Guest9668 Posted - 01/22/2010 : 19:26:26

Guest8144 Posted - 01/22/2010 : 08:24:07
last time i checked it was belfour who waon the cup in dallas, not turco
blade Posted - 01/22/2010 : 00:04:21
Time to retire. he had a good run and has his cup. Call it a career.
Axey Posted - 01/18/2010 : 16:55:23
Turco is good goalie, I think he can definitely start for alot of teams. Dallas is basically a roller coaster, not necessarilly his fault but I could see him going to a team like TO or Tampa. What about Detroit? If the price was right he could definitely help out there.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 01/18/2010 : 08:37:12
Turco in Washington would be deadly! Dropping Theodore and having Turco around while Varlamov gets some more experience between the pipes seems like a win/win for Turco and the Caps.

It's not difiicult to fathom how dangerous Washington will be with a solid back end to complement their explosive firepower! And Turco obviously wouldn't mind a comfortable spot on a top 4 cup contending team.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
n/a Posted - 01/18/2010 : 07:46:38
I disagree with the opinion that Varlamov can't be a cup contending goaltender . . . he showed last playoffs that he can be red-hot in the playoffs by outduelling Lundqvist.

However, if Turco was signed by the Caps, then yeah, they certainly would go up another notch on the contender list, probably right behind Pittsburgh. With solid goaltending, the Caps will fly back and forth on the rush and trade chances with the best of teams . . . exciting hockey to watch.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest4271 Posted - 01/18/2010 : 03:20:33
Do it?????? He would possibly put Washington as a clear cut favorite in the East, if I'm the GM in Washington, I've already got Dallas on speed dial
Canucks Man Posted - 01/17/2010 : 21:38:37
Sure teams can benifit from him but my real question was would he be willing to do it?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
irvine Posted - 01/17/2010 : 18:23:04
I can certainly see Dallas not re-signing Turco, and willing to trade him before hand. It's time for a change for Turco & Dallas.

With that being said, I do agree that Toronto would benefit from having Turco, with Toskala being moved.

Other teams I can see benefiting, who should make a move for him:

Washington Capitals (Varlamov is not ready to be the sole #1 yet, Theodore is too inconsistent) Allow Theodore to move, let Turco come in and help develop Varlamov.

Los Angeles Kings (If these guys want a strong playoff run, they may need to re-think Quick. He's not proven yet)

Irvine/prez.
Beans15 Posted - 01/17/2010 : 15:38:29
At 34 years old, he has 3+ good years left. He might be the 2nd best puck handling goalie in the league today and he is incredibly consistant. His past couple of seasons have been sub-par comparatively to his previous 4-5, but 30+ wins and a save % near or over .900 and 60-65 games. That's solid.

Teams like TO would benefit. As well as teams that might not have a keep to push them over the edge, like a LA or a Washington(sorry Varlamov, I a still not a believer).

n/a Posted - 01/17/2010 : 15:25:18
Yeah, if I were the Leafs GM, I'd take a flier on Turco . . . he'd be good to have I think. Still has the ability in my opinion, and he'd come in to probably split games with Gustavsson, with hopefully the Monster winning the battle and being the starter by the end of the season.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 01/17/2010 : 14:36:35
Any rebuilding franchise could benefit from a guy like Turco.

If Edmonton didn't have money and time invested in Khabibulin I could've seen them going after him.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Guest2228 Posted - 01/17/2010 : 14:22:34
leafs are always looking
Guest0965 Posted - 01/17/2010 : 14:21:25
Turco to Tampa ?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page