Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Khabibulin Arrested

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Beans15 Posted - 02/17/2010 : 17:19:31
Nikolai Khabibulin was arrested near his home in Phoenix early on Feb 8th for DUI and speeding over 20 Mph over the speed limit.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/02/17/12918156.html

Comments??
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest0995 Posted - 02/20/2010 : 19:58:32
Khabibulin just woke up to a new cellmate... Grabovski! He was arrested for getting in a fight in Vancouver. Someone probably made fun of the Belarus hockey team.
tbar Posted - 02/18/2010 : 11:37:36
I will agree with you guys that yes people do make mistakes and we cant ccall for heads right away. On the other hand the thing that sticks out to me in this story is that he was going 25MPH over the speed limit. This is a good way to end up killing somebody especially if you are intoxicated like he was your reaction time isnt as good.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 02/18/2010 : 10:52:47
at least he didnt offer the cop a billion dollars to let him off like eddie the eagle did.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Beans15 Posted - 02/17/2010 : 22:41:25
I just find any kind of DUI grossly irresponsible but more so for a professional athlete. As an athlete, you are a role model regardless of wanting to be or not. It's an embarrassment to the league, his team, and himself.

That being said, I also agree that people make mistakes and deserve a second chance. If he uses this as some kind of positive and does stuff in the community to talk about this as a mistake, he can do some good.

Wish I had a Black Ferarri.
Alex116 Posted - 02/17/2010 : 20:54:59
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh G. Rection

Why is this interesting or noteworthy? Sad that the people who can literally afford to get limo rides home from the bar every night are the ones who seem more likely to go home blasted. People will forget about this story next week and he'll be sentenced to the minimum. C'est la vie.

Hugh, i'll tell you why it's interesting / noteworthy. Maybe because he's an NHL player and this is a hockey forum? The guy would be the starting goalie for the Oilers if he were not injured? What more do you need?

I agree, this is sad that these guys end up doing stuff like this when they could easily cab / limo anywhere they go! I leave my car at the bar often and it sucks paying the cab home and back the next day but at least i don't have to worry about ruining my life by making a stupid mistake?
Hugh G. Rection Posted - 02/17/2010 : 18:57:22
Why is this interesting or noteworthy? Sad that the people who can literally afford to get limo rides home from the bar every night are the ones who seem more likely to go home blasted. People will forget about this story next week and he'll be sentenced to the minimum. C'est la vie.
irvine Posted - 02/17/2010 : 17:22:10
Could care less really. People make mistakes, including hockey players. Infact, Chelios was arrested a couple of months ago for the same thing.

It happens.

Irvine/prez.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page