Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Winnipeg / Atlanta
 Atlanta Variables

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Utemin Posted - 03/26/2010 : 11:26:09
The trade had to be made, and seems to be helping Atlanta more than New Jersey! but with Antrapov as your best player, and may even make the playoffs should they have kept Kovlchuck until his contract ends? should they have tried to lose to get a better draft pick? how many Variables do they have?

talk here about Atlanta's future in the League and Variables Atlanta could of made to go have a better or worse team to compete.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest3356 Posted - 03/26/2010 : 19:39:31
I think the Kovalchuk deal was fair and absolutely necessary. They got a underrated defensemen in Oduya, a player with great potential in Bergfors, and decent prospects and picks. They also saved about 800,000 in salary by dealing Kovy when they did. This was a very similair situation to Bouwmeester in Florida last year, there was a lot of interest in Bouwmeester but they ended up keeping him to make a playoff push then they lose him in the offseason to Calgary. Had Bouwmeester been traded at the deadline they would have gotten much more for him. Same deal in Atlanta if Kovy stays and they don't make the playoffs he is gone in the summer. Atlanta has a lot of young promising players and within a few years I seem them being a playoff team considering how well Pavelec has played. I think they are in good shape and Waddell got the best he could get. Let's be honest some of the best teams in the league are so due to being sub par teams and rebuilding through the better draft picks and prospects they acquire for being at the basement. Pittsburgh got Malkin, Crosby and Fleury. Washington gets Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Varlomov and the same goes for Chicago. The talent that comes from the minor leagues now is outstanding and they become instant impact players for their teams and a great example of this is all the young C's we now see in the league which was not too common before ( Richards, Crosby, Toews, Ovechkin...) My point being is Atlanta will become a good team as long as management does it the right away, same goes for Toronto and the other underacheving teams of the league.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page