Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Some still don't get it....

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 22:07:32
I can't believe we're still seeing hits like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfTiZGbzq2A

I really hope this ends up in a suspension!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 05/05/2010 : 22:03:39
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

OH COME ON!

Bergeron never should have turned his back, that made him......

I think I've made myself clear in other posts regarding these types of hits, just thought I'd get the jump on those who are going to say this is part of the game, blah, blah, blah.

Dangerous hit, stupid hockey play, so on and so on....

Just so we're clear FER. I agree with this call, it was a bad hit. Bergeron had his back turned and Adam's didn't let up. Classic boarding. But it's a far cry from the Kesler hit - not even comparable - so this is the difference I am talking about.

I went back and read through that crusty Kesler discussion and I hear you. This is indeed a bad hit, on that we agree. On the Kesler hit, well .... this indeed a bad hit, on that we agree.

The only thing I keep espousing, is that if the league ever gets consistency in their call making, there would be no need to have these debates on any of the big hits, they would all be clean ones. The hits along the boards would still happen, but not in the dangerous situations we see on occasion lately.

I'll concede the Kesler hit could arguably be a non-penalized hit, but I can't concede it isn't a dangerous one. That's the only point I am making, why take the dangerous hit, understanding of course, any contact has danger, but why these hits?

Why not force the players to realize that any hit on a player in a vulnerable and dangerous postion may carry a penalty. I'm not saying throw them out, just a penalty. It's changing the mentality of both the players and the fans, easily, painlessly and most importantly, safely.
leigh Posted - 05/05/2010 : 17:52:00
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Here's the thing about the NHL discipline that is messed up.

If this happenen just about any time in the regular season we are looking at at least 2 games.

And Leigh, please explain what difference you are refering to??? Is it because Bergeron's back was turned longer than Morris' was before Kesler did the exact same hit???

Dangerous either way.

I made a few posts on the Kesler hit here if you care to learn more about my thoughts on it.

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10697&SearchTerms=Kesler,hit
Alex116 Posted - 05/04/2010 : 20:43:25
Beans, from what i see, Bergeron doesn't turn at the last second and is in fact facing the boards pretty much the entire time Adams approaches. I find this hit to be as bad as they get as far as boarding goes. Yeah, he could have been coming in faster/harder but this is a pretty clear cut hit from behind.

It's funny, i can only think that Adams figured Bergeron was eventually gonna turn around! To me, it's the opposite of those, like the Kelser hit, where guys turn at the last second!
Beans15 Posted - 05/03/2010 : 21:43:35
Here's the thing about the NHL discipline that is messed up.

If this happenen just about any time in the regular season we are looking at at least 2 games.

And Leigh, please explain what difference you are refering to??? Is it because Bergeron's back was turned longer than Morris' was before Kesler did the exact same hit???

Dangerous either way.
Guest0583 Posted - 05/03/2010 : 12:18:55
... and he got a game misconduct from the hit.
Guest0583 Posted - 05/03/2010 : 12:16:24
It's not going to be a suspension. If he was injured, or if it was not the first time adam has done this, then suspend him.
leigh Posted - 05/03/2010 : 10:31:45
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

OH COME ON!

I think I've made myself clear in other posts regarding these types of hits, just thought I'd get the jump on those who are going to say this is part of the game, blah, blah, blah.

Just so we're clear FER. I agree with this call, it was a bad hit. Bergeron had his back turned and Adam's didn't let up. Classic boarding. But it's a far cry from the Kesler hit - not even comparable - so this is the difference I am talking about.
n/a Posted - 05/03/2010 : 09:57:05
Bad hit. Adams should get at least a game or two suspension.

The reason I don't think it should be a lot more than that, is that it could be argued it wasn't straight from behind - there was a bit of an angle, and the hit is more to the shoulder - and thus, not as clear a "boarding" call. But it was definitely illegal, he took a healthy run - gliding in at a good speed, that is - and raised his elbow for the hit, which was mostly from behind.

I'd give it 3-5 games myself, depending on Adams' history.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 05/03/2010 : 09:19:59
OH COME ON!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page