Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Jordan Eberle - NHL Future

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lyall Posted - 01/06/2010 : 10:34:18
We've all seen the skill of Jordan Eberle & his ability to come up big in big moments. But that is at a junior level. He played good in a handful of game with the Falcons last year & very well in Oiler training camp this year.
But my question; Will Jordan Eberle be that good, that clutch for the Edmonton Oilers?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9731 Posted - 10/08/2010 : 14:49:47
Ask the Kipper how good he is...I mean hopping over a stick while the D goes down and snapping it upstairs at full speed...

He is dynamite, i watched him in Juniors and he was CLUTCH as stated by Irvine. I absolutely believe he is with Hall and Gagner (not mentioning Pav or Cogs) looking at being surrounded by enough Talent to make superstardom.

Exciting new player to watch in the league! I expect him to score 30-40 every year like Parise.

Cheers.

irvine Posted - 01/06/2010 : 21:06:08
I'd also like to point out that I never asked "What happened to..." I'm wondering when "will they begin."

I've not been impressed by either yet in their early NHL career. I'll admit, I watch very little of them, as I don't follow the Oilers a whole lot. But judging by numbers alone, they've not been performing how I'd have expected.

Irvine/prez.
irvine Posted - 01/06/2010 : 19:57:12
Beans, can you guide me to the Cogliano / Gagner thread you are speaking of, please.

I'd like to read it.

Irvine/prez.
Beans15 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 19:01:49
I think that there is an unreal expectation on the kid already and he has not even laced them up for an NHL game.

He was, head and shoulders, the best player on the ice in every game they played. He has all the chops to be there. However, if there is a potential downside is that there are not many less than 6' and less than 200 lbs players in the NHL today that have a ton of durabiliy and strength to play in the areas need to be that elite scoring player.

And anyone who says "What happened to Cogliano and Gagner" must be a little confused. I won't get into it here, but I did in the Cogliano and Gagner ruined thread.

With Quinn and Renney there, the Oilers can mold young players as good as anyone else. Let's not forget that the Oilers have had their best player, their best defenseman, and the starting goalie out for nearly the entire year. They are a team that was predicted to be fighting for a playoff spot and that's pretty hard to do with their 3 most talented players out of the line up. You can't pin that on Cogliano and Gagner. An 18 year old kid as a day to day NHL player is pretty solid in itself. Add in that player being a 50 point player and you get????
irvine Posted - 01/06/2010 : 16:55:52
This kid is CLUTCH!

If I were the GM of the Oilers, i'd be drooling right now. But after seeing what happened with Cogliano & Gagner in Edmonton, I'm a little worried.

The Oilers also have Paajarvi-Svenson? I do believe. They could be quite the additions in a couple of years to the struggling oilers. With that said, i'd be looking for homes for Gagner & Cogliano, atleast shopping around to see the return on these two. Packaged or individual. As, they'll need room for the two new kids on the block.

Irvine/prez.
bounty2k3 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 15:50:49
I don't think you could call someone a superstar to the fullest extent by saying he plays better with datsyuk and franzen than with hemsky and penner. I think the "true" superstar is the guy that will dig into the corners and get that puck for his team, has the ability to score, has the ability to see the ice well and lifts the level of game in his teammates. I said he'll be the in between player, but he will do what needs to get done to win the game. That may not mean 90+ points a season, but he will in fact help his team.

GO HAWKS GO!!!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:19:10
I think if this guy had been groomed in any other market he would be promoted as the next Taveras type player. Do not see Edmonton developing him into a bonified star. If this guy was in Detroit, Pittsburg or Chicago I would say definately yes superstar potential.
Alex116 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:01:57
I voted future superstar but only because it was closest to my opinion of what he'll become. First, it really depends on the definition of "superstar". I don't think he'll be a top 5-10 point scorer but i do think he'll eventually be a bonafide 1st liner, be it in Edm or elsewhere, however i don't foresee the Oil shipping him off anytime soon.
tbar Posted - 01/06/2010 : 11:26:28
Well from what I have seen with this kid is he has raw talent and a never say never mind set. I think he will be a very good player for the Oiler's in the coming years. He may not have the stellar rookie season like some other's but with time will be a 1st line player. Maybe needs a season in the NHL to get his feet wet kin of like Stamkos did. But I would say expect good things from this kid.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page