Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Did Espo help Orr more than Coffey helped Gretzky

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andyhack Posted - 10/16/2010 : 17:45:26
Who contributed more to the success of their co-superduperstar?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 10/18/2010 : 08:36:30
Having limited experience in watching Orr and Esposito, it's hard to appreciate which players had a bigger impact.

I personally think that Paul Coffey was the best 'wingman' who wasn't a wingman in the history of the game. If you look purely statistically speaking, Coffey supported both Gretzky and Lemieux at different times through his career and both had better production while playing on a team with Coffey than without him.

I also think that it was Esposito that had a benefit from playing with Orr and not the other way around. Granted it still would have taken a talented player to do what Esposito did. However, put one of the other brilliant goal scorers from that period with Orr and they would have produced more.

Great players make the players around them better.
Guest9060 Posted - 10/18/2010 : 07:39:48
I believe that Coffey contributed to Gretzkys success more than Orr did for Espo because, the success with the Oilers was to get the puck to Gretzky asap, wherease, Orr was a dman, that could carry the offence, while still great enough to do his job as a dman.
Oilearl Posted - 10/17/2010 : 16:24:28
I agree Espo completed alot of Orrs great plays Gretzky setup and finished.
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 10/16/2010 : 18:40:39
I'd have to say ONLY from a points perspective, Espo helped Orr, I'm sure half of his goals were standing in front of the net, watching Orr, along with everyone else on the ice, and knocking in the junk, after Orr dazzled everyone.

I think Gretzky would have put up tremendous numbers regardless of who he was with, that kind of game, as would Orr, but as the question asks, Espo helped more than Coffey in my opinion.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page