Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Top NHL Rookie

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest8644 Posted - 11/13/2006 : 09:18:02
who is the best NHL rookie this year?
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mikhailova Posted - 02/11/2007 : 10:12:34
Malkin is definitely the top NHL rookie, but I think there's already a topic about this somewhere...
semin-rules Posted - 02/11/2007 : 07:39:13
quote:
Originally posted by jbraiter

Malkin is obviously top but no one is really looking at the kings sniper anze kopitar

Go Canucks

Yeah i agree with jb I picked Kopitar

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
jbraiter Posted - 02/11/2007 : 07:38:10
Malkin is obviously top but no one is really looking at the kings sniper anze kopitar

Go Canucks
saku11 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 06:43:12
malkin looks like a good choice. he is amazing and my pick is him

HABS ALL THE WAY
bablaboushka Posted - 02/05/2007 : 08:35:37
Well that's just the thing, the teams and staff in the East don't really get to see what he can do because of the schedule. Malkin is simply the easy pick here because he has the most points and because he had so much publicity to start with. I can appreciate what Kopitar can do because my Sharks play him a lot so it's easy to notice his impact. It's too bad, Malkin had such a head start and even though Kopitar is right on his tail, he won't get the Calder.
Guest3746 Posted - 02/05/2007 : 08:12:21
My oppinion is that Kopitar is best rookie this year. Everybody just looks at the point diff and votes Malkin. But have u watched Kopitar play. He is practically holding his whole team out there and trying to make them play. If he had as srong teammates as Malkin has i'm sure he would have 20 points plus. LA has better shot diff almost every game but they loose almost every game.

read this:
By Joy Russo, ESPN.com
"Malkin has an abundance of talent around him (Sidney Crosby, who just so happens to be the best player in the league right now), and the scoring chances are there for the taking, night in and night out. The Atlantic Division hasn't exactly been as difficult this season, either, with the Devils emerging as the only other consistent team as of late. Malkin's team is also in the playoff hunt.

Kopitar, meanwhile, is the lone hope, the only ray of light the Los Angeles Kings have had all season. In what can politely be called a "rebuilding period" for the Kings, Kopitar is averaging 20:35 in ice time as a first-line center. He's third in team scoring and leads all rookies with 32 assists. All this, while the Kings try to survive in the packed Pacific Division with the Ducks, Sharks and Stars, all of whom are in playoff position. Are fans and writers out East really aware of what this kid can do?"

We think former Kings coach Andy Murray said it best: "If Kopitar would have been here last year, I would still be the coach in L.A."

I'm pretty sure there is more people to back my thoughts.
Novie Posted - 12/31/2006 : 07:23:54
Who picked Ian White?

Seriously, Leafs fans....get over it!

Go Sens
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/30/2006 : 22:42:34
I said Malkin
-oil-country- Posted - 12/30/2006 : 22:28:48
5365 why were you talking to yourself......anyways i say Kopitar
Guest4110 Posted - 12/28/2006 : 22:48:52
Whoever made this poll doesnt really have a clue unfortunately :(
sorry to let you know! :)

WOJSKI = best rookie!!

STATSNY = second best!
Guest5365 Posted - 12/28/2006 : 21:22:30
What are you talking about, frolov has been playing fro 4 years -.-
Guest5365 Posted - 12/28/2006 : 21:20:18
Wheres frolov from LA?
C-mac19 Posted - 12/28/2006 : 16:00:32
I dont no why no body picked paul statsny..hes underrated. Hes in aleast the top 5 for points by a rookie this year. I think him along with wojket wolski are the 2 best rookies.
Beans15 Posted - 12/27/2006 : 09:52:59
I like Kopitar as well. I think he has been more consistant than Malkin. Unfortunately, he is not as high profile or as flashy on the ice as Malkin, so I agree with Babs, Malkin will win the Calder.

Another great rookie class!
Guest4044 Posted - 12/25/2006 : 23:14:20
I voted Malkin. Hard not to argue with his numbers at the moment.

But I'm pretty impressed with Penner on ANA. Also Carle on SJS and young Stall is scoring like a mad man for PIT (5 shorties already) Kopitar with LAK kicks butt too.

So many to choose from! You'd think this was the year with 2 crops of rookies rather than last year.
Blubberboy Posted - 12/25/2006 : 22:15:56
Jordan Stall. He is doing great this season.

Go Canucks
Guest9811 Posted - 11/21/2006 : 10:37:20
It's hard not to pick Malkin for this one, even if he does not finish as the top scoring rookie (which he should, catching up fast!) his contribution to Pittsburghs somewhat decent start cannot go unnoticed, all I can say is it will not be a d-man or a goalie this year!
Mikhailova Posted - 11/20/2006 : 15:11:00
Malkin all the way!
Guest8977 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 13:06:51
Okay this guy's poll sucks like hell, he dosen't even know what he's doing, I chose the other option since its the only one that makes sense, mike smith? ian white? learn more about good rookies, I'd say Thoreson just cuz he's an oiler, as a matter or fact, i'm gonna make another poll myself.
pucker Posted - 11/14/2006 : 10:04:32
Hey admin, props on cleaning up the polls here. Like babs was sayign they were getting a bit messy. These froums have really picked up lately and I personally love what you guys have done. Ok enough brown nosing...

I took Kopitar in one of my pools and he has not let me down. Carle is also performing well, and Malkin is a beast. Although Malkin will probably win, this years crop has not disappointed me.
admin Posted - 11/14/2006 : 09:36:45
Settle down guys - its a good poll. Guest 4676, I have merged some of your rookie options here to keep this topic on one thread.

Admin thinks that Kopitar is the best rookie (so far) and Malkin will win the Calder.

Guest4676 Posted - 11/13/2006 : 16:00:17
this poll sucks go to the other rookie one its way better
Guest8985 Posted - 11/13/2006 : 14:53:57
Ian White are you kidding me wheres Anze Kopitar
bablaboushka Posted - 11/13/2006 : 12:28:20
I know there is an "Other" option, but even just going by points, you have outstanding rookies like Anze Kopitar, Matt Carle, Dustin Penner and Paul Stastny that aren't included. Evgeni Malkin had a great start but has since faded.

My vote for best START goes to Matt Carle (probably biased because I'm a Sharks fan, but the stats don't lie). Only 3 rookies average more ice time, he leads all rookies in +/- and as a defenseman, is tied with Malkin for second as the leading point-getter. He won the Hoby Baker award (last year I believe, maybe two years ago) as the MVP in the NCAA, so he's no fluke. This guy will be a top-line defenseman most of his career.

I know most people are going to say Malkin because of all the publicity and hype that has surrounded his rookie year but he's not the only one doing well so far.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page