Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 boston vs montreal

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2704 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 17:38:03
Anybody watching the habs/bruins game tonite. All I can say is old time hockey is back. What a game.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 14:27:05
I thought the crowd was pretty funny. On the scoreboard they panned to the Montreal penalty box and they booed loudly. They then panned to the Bruins box and it was all cheers. Then, back to the Habs, more boos.....and so on.....
spade632 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 11:51:01
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

6 Bruins in one box and 5 Habs in the other. Even funnier when they panned to the benches and showed the gaps there from all the missing players!

Indeed!
ToXXiK1 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 11:46:06
6 Bruins in one box and 5 Habs in the other. Even funnier when they panned to the benches and showed the gaps there from all the missing players!
spade632 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 11:41:33
I missed the game too - bad luck for me. (Of course I've seen the highlights - the SIX guys in the Bruins penalty box at once was pretty funny)

Looks like it was a hell of a game,

As for the Price/Thomas "fight" - Thomas was on Off the Record yesterday and basically said that they're friends, there was no animosity at all between them and they just fought because of the "code." Thomas said that he only came down to fight Price since Price was getting a bit involved in the scrum and thomas wanted to make sure it was even pairings. He also complimtented Price for not throwing after Thomas had fallen to the ice.
Go_Habs_Go Posted - 02/11/2011 : 11:13:03
No body mentioned Benoit Pouliot's knock out on Krejci. Pouliot is a beast ! At the montreal challenge, he hit a 102 mph slap shot...not so bad. I think he could hold off Lucic.

But yeah, great game, even though we lost. Great show

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet
Pasty7 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 21:45:19
Price is also 6-3 219 lbs thats a big boy, as Price said in the interview it was kinda a half hearted affair since neither have anything against each other, alothough it wouldn't happen i would have liked to see Proce lay a beating on Lucic after he crosschecked Price in the face while pice was on his knees,, Lucic is like an 8 year old he hits everything that moves on the ice but the second someone goes after him he loses' his cool... i really hope someone hands him his a$$ sometime soon,,

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
MrBoogedy Posted - 02/10/2011 : 21:22:19
I heard on The Score that Thomas told Price he didn't want to be the next Depietro, obviously referring to the last nhl goalie fight where I believe Depietro was injured. Guys like depietro, who can be injured by a strong breeze, should definately keep their mitts on.
The Duke Posted - 02/10/2011 : 18:06:09
Yes it was a great game to watch but i don`t think the habs coaching staff are very thrilled about giving up 8 goals. The leafs don`t even do that, unless the monster is in net
ryan93 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 08:30:22
quote:
Originally posted by T-RAV

I saw parts of this one too. Great game.

Does anybody know if Thomas dislikes price or is this just TSN hoopla?
I get the impression that Carey is easy to get along with, but Tim seemed to shrug him off at the All-star game. Maybe he was just trying to hear what was going on. And then last night it looked to me like Thomas insisted on the fight and Price was reluctant.

If Tim has a hate on for Carey, Carey is unaware.
Or maybe he's just a grumpy old man.

"If we succumb to a dream world, then we will wake up to a nightmare" - Jimmy Carter
Peace and Respect

haha no idea if that's the case or not, and as Tox pointed out there didn't appear to be much hatred during/after that fight, nor in the post game interviews...but i also noticed what you were saying about Thomas/Price at the all-star draft. I actually brought that up in another thread a while back.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 06:41:33
Ya, once TT went down, they made friends real quick, I think Price was saying "c'mon man, you don't wanna do this" and i think i saw TT mouthing "thanks" and patted Price on the back.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 02/10/2011 : 06:16:56
quote:
Originally posted by T-RAV

I get the impression that Carey is easy to get along with, but Tim seemed to shrug him off at the All-star game. Maybe he was just trying to hear what was going on. And then last night it looked to me like Thomas insisted on the fight and Price was reluctant.

"If we succumb to a dream world, then we will wake up to a nightmare" - Jimmy Carter
Peace and Respect

in my opinion I don't think they hate eachother, Thomas just wanted to get in on the action, seems like that type of guy. After Thomas was on the ground and they got back up you could see them talking but I doubt it was trash-talking, didn't look like it. Just wanted to have some fun
T-RAV Posted - 02/10/2011 : 04:51:03

Peace and Respect
n/a Posted - 02/10/2011 : 04:30:42
I got stuck babysitting my little guy for the evening, and with no Leafs game on, with the choices I had, of course I picked the Boston Montreal game. What luck!

Awesome game to watch as a fan. The goalie fight / non-fight was a bit much, but yeah . . . it was old time hockey.

I sincerely hope they meet in the playoffs again. Because until the Leafs get better, I don't think there is a better rivalry in all of hockey at this point, not with the history and background that these two teams have.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
MrBoogedy Posted - 02/09/2011 : 23:56:41
It was easily the best game I've seen so far this year, and saying that even though Montreal suffered the loss goes to show how good of a game it was. Boston may have won a majority of the tilts, but hats off to the much smaller and usually less physical habs for standing their ground. I can hardly wait until they meet again, and a playoff match-up would be fantastic.
Awesome One Posted - 02/09/2011 : 20:34:46
Awesome game, as Toxxik said, +170 PIMS, 14 goals it was great!

P.S. The Bruins won!!!!

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
ryan93 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 20:02:26
I had hockey tonight so missed the game. I just checked the boxscore on espn.com though....can't wait to see the highlights!!
ToXXiK1 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 19:12:02
170+ PIM's, gotta love old time hockey!
freddyboy Posted - 02/09/2011 : 18:05:47
Man that's what we call hockey, like best game ever this year, 8 goals in a period, 11 guys in playoff bench at the same time, it doesn't get any better!

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Pasty7 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 17:44:35
oh and huge saves,,,, oh and anybody who says the habs are too small and not tough enough should be watching this game!

Pasty7 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 17:43:23
I was just coming on to posrt a thread about this, is by far the best game of the year! it s got everything pretty goals big hits fights what a game!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page