Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Staal Brothers: Best Career

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
framer87 Posted - 12/12/2006 : 10:37:33
Which one of the Staal brothers will have the best career

Go pens
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gusteroni Posted - 09/27/2010 : 13:33:40
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

In terms of predictions, I think this one is easy to make - Eric Staal.

Not only does he have a stanley cup that he led his team to, but he is way ahead in terms of points (comparing him to his forward brothers) and how he would be ranked among his compatriots (comparing him to his defenceman brother).

That's a lot of catching up to do ALREADY, and Eric doesn't look like his prime years are ending anytime soon. Catching up would require Jordan putting in a few 50 goal seasons and becoming a true sniper; Marc would have to become the top defenceman on his team and start putting up 60 point seasons while being a huge physical presence.

I just don't think that will happen . . . but we'll see.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

I would have to agree with this even though it was from March of 2009. The rest of the Staal brothers would also have to win a Olympic Gold Medal as it asks who will have the best career not best NHL career. So far Eric by far has had the best hockey career. When will we finally get to evaluate Jared?

"When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too."
Guest0973 Posted - 03/21/2009 : 11:23:43
eric for sure.. babs, is it REALLY a big deal if somethings spelt wrong?? give it a rest
Guest6046 Posted - 03/21/2009 : 07:36:27
Mark hands down. Watched him dominate the ohl for 4 years, Jarred has got to work on his skating to be rated the 4th best!
n/a Posted - 03/20/2009 : 05:48:37
In terms of predictions, I think this one is easy to make - Eric Staal.

Not only does he have a stanley cup that he led his team to, but he is way ahead in terms of points (comparing him to his forward brothers) and how he would be ranked among his compatriots (comparing him to his defenceman brother).

That's a lot of catching up to do ALREADY, and Eric doesn't look like his prime years are ending anytime soon. Catching up would require Jordan putting in a few 50 goal seasons and becoming a true sniper; Marc would have to become the top defenceman on his team and start putting up 60 point seasons while being a huge physical presence.

I just don't think that will happen . . . but we'll see.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
umteman Posted - 03/19/2009 : 20:09:29
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Well this is cetainly an abjective poll. That is in our perpesctive vs. theirs. In 20 year we will judge which had the best career by their numbers, but the Staal brothers themselves will judge by who is wearing the most rings.

oops! now my bad. I think I ment subjective.
umteman Posted - 03/19/2009 : 19:59:39
Well this is cetainly an abjective poll. That is in our perpesctive vs. theirs. In 20 year we will judge which had the best career by their numbers, but the Staal brothers themselves will judge by who is wearing the most rings.
tctitans Posted - 05/07/2007 : 21:47:43
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

It's easy for everyone to say Eric or Jordan cause we've seen what they can do already, but scouts are saying that Jared will be the best out of all of them. Also sucks for Mark too, because the other three who are forwards will overshadow his career with their point production.

Framer, I must stress that when people (not just you) create polls, that they make sure that the players' names they are using are spelled correctly. Use Google or NHL.com to verify, it only takes an extra minute. (It's Staal not Stall)

I've heard that too about Jared Babs... but what I cant understand is why his stats suck so much. Eric had 20x better stats at the same age.
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/07/2007 : 21:40:25
Eric is good and if jared is as good as articles have said about him...i look forward to seeing him

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/07/2007 : 18:58:08
Eric. When another one gets 100 points in a season, then we'll have something to talk about.

Jordan - love the kid, but his foot speed will need to improve if he is going to consistently score in the NHL. He has tons of hockey sense, but next year teams will figure him out and he'll need to find new ways to beat them.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 16:03:13
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6168

Jared the best, that's a joke. 3 pts in the Ohl this year in 60 something games. He started the year on like the 2nd line and by mid season he was playing 5 shifts a game. Only reason he'll make nhl because of Staal

The strange thing about this is that it is true. Wow, that a surprise to me/

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Guest6168 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 15:53:17
Jared the best, that's a joke. 3 pts in the Ohl this year in 60 something games. He started the year on like the 2nd line and by mid season he was playing 5 shifts a game. Only reason he'll make nhl because of Staal
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/24/2007 : 13:57:06
I said Jordan because well look at him have you seen him play well that's my opinion other people have others
Saku Steen Posted - 03/24/2007 : 04:38:14
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:
Originally posted by Guest0961

Okay i'm wolves fan, and well i think Mark or Jordan will be the best i have seen Jared play people say hes going to be the best but i don't see it although he dosent get much ice time and still i rookie. And last year I really like Eric. lol but now that i get to see al of them play, i have to say its between Marc and Jared

Who are the Wolves? Is it just me or has Eric Staal been a dissapointment this year?? Only 63 points after such a great year last season in both the regular season and the playoffs.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

The Wolves is the jr. team Mark plays on.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/23/2007 : 20:42:46
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0961

Okay i'm wolves fan, and well i think Mark or Jordan will be the best i have seen Jared play people say hes going to be the best but i don't see it although he dosent get much ice time and still i rookie. And last year I really like Eric. lol but now that i get to see al of them play, i have to say its between Marc and Jared

Who are the Wolves? Is it just me or has Eric Staal been a dissapointment this year?? Only 63 points after such a great year last season in both the regular season and the playoffs.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest0961 Posted - 03/23/2007 : 20:33:34
leigh Posted - 03/01/2007 : 15:20:11
It originates in Vancouver BC and is largely canadian but everyone is welcome!
pinie Posted - 03/01/2007 : 13:33:18
Allright I see, no worries This is a canadian site is it??
Mikhailova Posted - 03/01/2007 : 13:30:58
quote:
Originally posted by pinie

Don't associate us with the German please

I meant Germanic in the sense of the Germanic language family (English, Dutch, German, etc), not relating it to Germany.
pinie Posted - 03/01/2007 : 13:28:23
yeah we got some hocey in holland, but not that mutch. In Holland we use to play at a field, not on the ice. There is a small iceshockey competition in holland though. The grandparents of the Staal Brothers came from holland. Don't associate us with the German please
You guys know the skater Arne Dankers?? His parents came from holland aswell.

see yah
Mikhailova Posted - 03/01/2007 : 12:30:57
Yeah they do have hockey in Holland. I think the sport was actually played there first, but the Canadians really picked it up.

I didn't know the Staals were from Holland either, but their last name does look Germanic.
Saku Steen Posted - 03/01/2007 : 11:09:36
Welcome to pickup pinie!

Do they even have hockey in the Netherlands?
vintage Posted - 03/01/2007 : 09:57:08
U watch marc staal ( i think thats him ) for team canada man he owns hes got it like his bros
semin-rules Posted - 03/01/2007 : 05:28:12
quote:
Originally posted by pinie

hey guys. the Staal Brothers are orriginaly from holland. Enjoy them
Greets from holland

Welcome to the Forums Pinie

I didn't know they were from Holland....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
jbraiter Posted - 03/01/2007 : 04:56:19
So far between eric and jordan i think jordan is going to have a better career he is already tied with eric in goals and he is just a rookie. He was even about to be cut from the pens!
pinie Posted - 03/01/2007 : 04:06:28
hey guys. the Staal Brothers are orriginaly from holland. Enjoy them
Greets from holland
Mikhailova Posted - 02/13/2007 : 10:17:25
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8460

They all suck they should be called the staal sisters down with staals go RUSSIA!

What the...? The Staals do not suck, Eric won a Cup, Jordan's doing great on the Pens, and Marc won an IIHF World Junior gold medal.

Go Russia? Well yeah Russia's good but what does that have to do with the Staals?
Azeman Posted - 02/13/2007 : 08:11:36
marc is already doing good. he has a world junior championship and he is going to new york next year

GO WINGS GO!!!!
Guest8460 Posted - 02/12/2007 : 21:30:18
They all suck they should be called the staal sisters down with staals go RUSSIA!
Canucks Man Posted - 02/11/2007 : 23:23:03
I think that ppl should wait untill they actually see the 4th bro at the NHL level, i think its 2 hard to tell right now

CANUCKS RULE!!
portman21 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 21:23:29
I voted for jordan on this one.... just because, he was only originally called up to play his 10 games and then go back to his ohl team to finish the season, but not only did he shine in those 10 games, he's leading the league in short handed goals?! i'd have to say this kids impressing me for an 18 year old... i guess cuz hes my age and i can't imagine not only being in the nhl shining as well as he is doing... even in crosby and malkin's shadow (not trying to still anything up with that comment)

Take care comb your hair
saku11 Posted - 02/10/2007 : 14:13:43
jordan because he is one of the best rookies this year and also eric looks pretty good choice.

HABS ALL THE WAY
Canucks Man Posted - 02/03/2007 : 00:22:30
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8888

Defence wins championships. so I said Marc

OK thats good and all but the poll asked who will be the best, not what position is the most important, but then again each of the other bros might score 600 goals and 1200 points wich would overshadow the play of mark

CANUCKS RULE!!
Guest8888 Posted - 02/02/2007 : 17:35:10
Defence wins championships. so I said Marc
vintage Posted - 01/30/2007 : 13:05:33
Rumors going up for the youngest staal brother. For sure he will be the best they have compared him to the rest of his bros and stats prove at 16 hes doin the best for sure he will be the next number 1 rookie draft and will be the great one
Mikhailova Posted - 01/29/2007 : 11:38:57
Eric. He won a Staley Cup for one thing, and is just an all-around great player. Marc is close competition, he won gold in this year's World Juniors. Jordan's been decent on the Pens, but Eric is still the best, I'd say.
ci_1612 Posted - 01/29/2007 : 05:22:23
I think Eric had his best season in the NHL last year but from what i seen (I agree my opinion may change when Jared hits the show) Jordan is going to be up there for sure..The guy has more Shorthanded goals than 13 whole teams!! thats crazy!! but there is also a difference between best career and best player..remeber Jordan has two players on his team that most people would kill to have one

Chris Illsley
leafsfan_101 Posted - 01/29/2007 : 04:04:29
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0062

i think for offence its a toss up between eric and jordi. marc will deffinitly develop into a beumester, awesome D man. and as far as jared goes, the kid is 16 give him a break. i'm sure he's gonna be dirty. Gotta e'nuff pressure already jared ?. if he dos'nt make it there's always the sunshine sod farm. either , or it dosent matter there all good thunder bay kids. and were pulling for all of them.

Buddy, there's something called the dictionary, ever heard of it??

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Guest0062 Posted - 01/29/2007 : 02:45:01
i think for offence its a toss up between eric and jordi. marc will deffinitly develop into a beumester, awesome D man. and as far as jared goes, the kid is 16 give him a break. i'm sure he's gonna be dirty. Gotta e'nuff pressure already jared ?. if he dos'nt make it there's always the sunshine sod farm. either , or it dosent matter there all good thunder bay kids. and were pulling for all of them.
semin-rules Posted - 01/10/2007 : 16:40:56
quote:
Originally posted by B-rett10

I picked Eric Staal because he already has and chmpionship under his belt, but you guys are right it could be to early to tell cause any of the brothers could wint a championship it is to early to tell.

spell check buddy

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~[img]http://www.webtickets.com/sports/nhl/images/logo_Dallas%20Stars.jpg[/img]
Beans15 Posted - 12/15/2006 : 07:50:55
This Family is sick! Just think of the Sutters with Hands!!!!! My vote is for Eric. For no other reason than I have to pick one. I have no idea who will be the best, and neither does anyone else. So it is just a guess. No analysis needed!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page