Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Reimer signs extension

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sensfan101 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 13:05:13
The Leafs have signed James Reimer to a three year extension worth 1.8 million per year.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368360
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 06/10/2011 : 14:15:09
Was that an intentional mixup by Pasty?
Sensfan101 Posted - 06/10/2011 : 13:43:54
Leafsfan... man I can't wait till the playoffs are over.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Pasty7 Posted - 06/10/2011 : 07:44:19
[quote]Originally posted by slozo

Thanks, Leafsfan, for starting this topic!

It's an interesting signing, and a difficult one to judge really, except that it's about where thought it would be. He played his butt off and was amazing for the Leafs, a lower prospect who suddenly looked like the next Cujo. Where that goes starting in the new season, however, is a different thing, and so hard to judge, especially these days.

It hink it's fair, but I am surprised he got three years. To me, it shows how much Burke has faith in the kid, and I can't disagree. He is mature beyond his years, has a great work ethic, and seems very even tempered, even when losing a couple. So it seems like a good gamble.

So in the end, I am happy with this.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
[/quote

I think it was Brilliant of burke to get 3 years at this salary,, 1.8 if he flops that isn't to much to pay a back up,, and if he continues playin the way he has,,, whoa wait you got a very solid starter who can get your team 30 wins for 1.8million??? it's kinda like last year when habs wanted price for more than a year because they figured his next contract would be in the 5 mil range so get him as long as they could at 2.25

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
n/a Posted - 06/10/2011 : 05:48:09
Thanks, Leafsfan, for starting this topic!

It's an interesting signing, and a difficult one to judge really, except that it's about where thought it would be. He played his butt off and was amazing for the Leafs, a lower prospect who suddenly looked like the next Cujo. Where that goes starting in the new season, however, is a different thing, and so hard to judge, especially these days.

It hink it's fair, but I am surprised he got three years. To me, it shows how much Burke has faith in the kid, and I can't disagree. He is mature beyond his years, has a great work ethic, and seems very even tempered, even when losing a couple. So it seems like a good gamble.

So in the end, I am happy with this.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 14:03:11
I think it's a very reasonable deal for both sides. He still needs to prove he's more than just a "flash in the pan" and yet he still did well enough to earn a significant raise, which he got!

As hard as it is to say, i wish him all the best!
Beans15 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 13:17:53
I like this kid's attitude. He signed a very reasonable deal with the Leafs for less than $2 million a season when other goalies would have held out for more. He has a brilliant start to a career and he appears to love to play the game. When guy like this comes out and make a comment like (paraphrasing) "There are guys out there who work harder than me and get paid way less," it makes it hard to dislike him.

I hope this kid continues to grow and succeed. Too bad he plays for the Leafs.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page