Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 San Jose Signed JR

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Canucks Man Posted - 09/04/2007 : 12:44:41
San Jose Sharks signed F Jeremy Roenick to a 1 year contract. What a joke, JR should just retire he is brutal and is no longer the player who he once was. He will be a 4th liner wich will no suite him at all. What are the Sharks thinking? First they overpay Marleau then sign JR, Brutal!

CANUCKS RULE!!!
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PuckNuts Posted - 09/05/2007 : 17:38:30
I never really liked him, but at $500,000.00 on a team that has some room for him, no problem.

18 seasons, and 9 concussions, and he will still go into the corners fearless, not a bad signing at all.

He will put up 30 points, no problem in San Jose, how many others will do that, the way he plays...

Spelling...three ss's in concussions...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Beans15 Posted - 09/05/2007 : 12:31:29
Exactly what Willus said. Roenick in his prime as a top 3 player in the league. He's still got a little left in the engine, and if SJ has a good start and a legitimate chance for a Cup, JR will contribute everything he has. He is one of those players that craves the Cup.

I'd like to see him get it too!

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
willus3 Posted - 09/05/2007 : 11:15:33
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

On a real contender like San Jose we might see a different JR. He could pull off a huge year. And if he tanks...at $500,000 he's a bargain.

Exactly what I was going to say Leigh. Roenick seemed to loose his drive after Chicago. He's one my my all time favourites. There aren't too many players who were in the league at the time that I would have put ahead of him in his heyday while with Chicago. A very big part of Chicago's run to the cup. I think he is still capable of contributing significantly to a team if he can get that drive back. San Jose may just be that team that gives him that spark. They are a cup contender and he knows it.
I think we're going to see a rejuvinated JR.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Ripley Posted - 09/05/2007 : 10:37:33
more info on the JR signing

http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=7008411162
leigh Posted - 09/05/2007 : 10:33:40
On a real contender like San Jose we might see a different JR. He could pull off a huge year. And if he tanks...at $500,000 he's a bargain.
PainTrain Posted - 09/04/2007 : 19:05:18
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

FYI - Roenick's deal was 1 year for $500,000

Now that's a bargain! He can put up 15 goals and just over 30 points for you and leadership. That was a good move by San Jose.

No Sacrifice , No Victory!
leigh Posted - 09/04/2007 : 17:05:05
FYI - Roenick's deal was 1 year for $500,000
PainTrain Posted - 09/04/2007 : 15:26:44
I think the reason Roenick hasn't hanged up the skates is because he is 5 more goals away from 500 and if he gets it he will join Modano and Mullen as the 500 goal scores as U-S born players.

And about this Linden and Roenick debate heres some info.

Roenick has 127 more goals, 188 more assists, 315 more points then Linden and all of that in less games then Linden. Lindens career +/- is -64 and Roenicks is +162 . Now all of you will say''Stats don't mean anything.'' And I agree but let's see who lead there team to the playoffs more then.

Linden has played 124 playoff games and Roenick has played 136. Roenick has more goals and more GWG.

Neither of them has won a cup and Babs will be happy to hear this but my vote for the Stanley Cup this year is San Jose so Roenick in my mind picked the rite team to play with. And after he won the cup there's a chair at TSN calling his name. The Sharks will win or lose in 7 against BuffaloEither way I'm happy for both teams!

No Sacrifice , No Victory!
leigh Posted - 09/04/2007 : 15:24:01
I've never been a huge fan of Roenick's. I do find him entertaining in the media, and he has had some banner years as a player so I have to respect him...a little. I think he can still contribute immensly to a team. He's gritty, a leader (a loud guy anyway), has some serious skill when his head is in the game, and brings some great experience. Personally I was disappointed that he announced his retirement earlier and I'm glad that he's giving it another shot.

What were the terms of his deal? anyone?
bablaboushka Posted - 09/04/2007 : 13:52:42
I think it's near impossible to compare what each player brings to the dressing room and draw a conclusion from it without having actually played with both players.

It's also hard to compare Linden and Roenick as players/men because of the different social roles they played in the game. Roenick was an outspoken and opinionated fellow who hardly ever held back his feelings. Linden on the other hand, has been forced into presenting himself professionally on and off the ice by the role he played in the NHLPA. This made it much easier for Linden to be respected, which is why many people tend to exaggerate how important Linden really is to the Canucks.

Beans makes a good point, skill-wise these players are much the same. They are both veteran, 3rd-line players who bring experience and leadership to their team, something that benefits the young Canucks and Sharks. I don't think signing Roenick is a horrible idea, and who knows how he'll do. I mean he might even get some ice time with Thornton/Marleau, most likely on the PP because he'd be a perfect guy to stick in front of the net. Using a player to try to move him creates more ice for Thornton, and we've all seen what he can do when that happens. I'm not a huge fan of Roenick's, nor do I hate him, but I won't be too quick to judge his potential impact. Let's just wait and see.

I won't even dignify the comment about Marleau's contract with a response.
Beans15 Posted - 09/04/2007 : 13:12:32
I sure hope you are not calling me an a******??

And what does Linden bring that Roenick doesn't??

Seriously, take off your Canuck Fan Hat for a second and explain why Linden is such a better choice that Roenick for a team??

And I am not comparing Linden to Roenick in a bad way. My point is they are both very close the the same player. Both near the end of their careers, both very accomplished but never won the Cup, and both have been good leaders through their career.

So my point is why can you say that Roenick is brutal when he is virtually the same player as Linden??

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Canucks Man Posted - 09/04/2007 : 13:05:25
Well roenick is only 4 months older then Linden so thats not much of an argument Beans. But Linden also brings alot more to the dressing room then Roenick and doesnt have a history of being a full of imself a******.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Beans15 Posted - 09/04/2007 : 12:58:35
Overpay Marleau?? JR brutal?? How's the spellchecker working.

How about this. Roenick is older than Trevor Linden, and had more points last year. And who is on a worse team? No one says a word about Linden, but Roenick's brutal??C'mon. Roenick is a shadow of his former self, but he still can play 3rd line for SJ. Plus, SJ's very young team would benefit from Roenick.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page