Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Trade advice - Spezza for Galcheynyuk

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest5286 Posted - 01/28/2013 : 19:51:45
Spezza was traded for Galcheynuyk in our hockey pool. Nothing was done to question or repeal this deal. Am I wrong??
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 02/02/2013 : 16:57:55
7 points in 7 games Galchenyuk for Spezza may not be so ridiculous after all!! but also that may be the habs fan in me talking!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
nuxfan Posted - 02/01/2013 : 09:03:44
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4315

To Nuxfan:

Sorry maybe 'Unfair' was the wrong word. What I meant was based on the player's value not the guy(s) making the trade. So what I was trying to say was Gally>Spezza. At least right now in a one-and-done pool or a keeper pool unless you can put Spezza on an IR list like I mentioned, pick up someone else and then hope he comes back next year and gets you 80+ points.

No it's not the Admin's job to keep people from making "dumb" trades. We all have no idea what are even the rules for this pool where this trade took place. So how can we really say if it's "dumb" or not?

As Alex said though, this trade was proposed before Spezza's injury was known (to the masses anyway). With a healthy Spezza, clearly Spezza>Galcheynyuk for a single season pool, and probably by a fairly long shot.

Only in a keeper pool would this trade have been considered a good trade for whoever picked up Galcheynyuk. Or, perhaps the trader had some inside knowledge on the extent of the Spezza injury. OP hasn't come back, so we won't know for sure.
Alex116 Posted - 01/31/2013 : 22:50:11
quote:

To Alex:

You do realize Spezza is injured for 2 month's right? Also the year before last he only played about 2 months. Anyways, Most your argument (and i only call it that because you said 'no offense') seemed to be saying what I was saying in more detail. Also totally understand what your saying about the Calgary reference, I am from Edmonton.

Yes, i do realize Spezza is out and that changes things. I was commenting as i did from the start before Spezza was hurt...or at least before i knew he was. From what i recall, the OP made his post before (a day before i believe) the Spezza injury was known of.
Guest4315 Posted - 01/31/2013 : 17:20:56
To Alex:

You do realize Spezza is injured for 2 month's right? Also the year before last he only played about 2 months. Anyways, Most your argument (and i only call it that because you said 'no offense') seemed to be saying what I was saying in more detail. Also totally understand what your saying about the Calgary reference, I am from Edmonton.

To Nuxfan:

Sorry maybe 'Unfair' was the wrong word. What I meant was based on the player's value not the guy(s) making the trade. So what I was trying to say was Gally>Spezza. At least right now in a one-and-done pool or a keeper pool unless you can put Spezza on an IR list like I mentioned, pick up someone else and then hope he comes back next year and gets you 80+ points.

No it's not the Admin's job to keep people from making "dumb" trades. We all have no idea what are even the rules for this pool where this trade took place. So how can we really say if it's "dumb" or not?
Alex116 Posted - 01/31/2013 : 14:36:12
quote:

In a keeper pool this trade is in my opinion unfair to the guy who gets Spezza.

No offense, but this kind of thinking is 100% wrong as far as keeper leagues go. Here's why. The guy with Spezza may realize his team needs to rebuild as he's got no chance of winning this year. Best thing for him is to trade off an asset who's older with few good years left, for a young potential stud. If his team is in a rebuild mode where they won't be a potential challenge for the big prize for a few years, Spezza's value to this owner drops WAY down.

Now, the guy with Galchenyuk may be in the mix this season or next for a championship. Galchenyuk likely won't be a real impact player for a couple years, therefore, why not get a guy like Spezza who is a legitimate #1, ppg center? If this deal puts him over the top and strengthen's his team for this season and next and gives him a shot at a championship (or two?), then it's a great deal for both owners.

Now, if say a guy who's also currently very strong and could win the overall title doesn't agree with the deal, he's totally out of it as far as understanding fantasy sports! It's really no different than if the Calgary Flames, if they would ever realize they need to rebuild, decided to deal Iggy and Kipper at the deadline to teams like Chicago and Philly. Yes, Chicago and Philly would prob have to give up a young prospect which would hurt their future to some degree, BUT, these moves might be enough to bring them the cup and in the end would be worth it!!!
nuxfan Posted - 01/31/2013 : 13:59:14
quote:

In a keeper pool this trade is in my opinion unfair to the guy who gets Spezza. Why?, He's older and more prone to injuries. Gally may never be top 10 for points but Spezza might never again be top 10 for points either. Therfore the upside is mostly with Gally in a keeper pool. However if is a keeper pool it might be better to put Spezza on the bench/IR and pick up a different rookie or even veteran that was overlooked. So maybe getting Spezza is the winner if you get him, put him on the bench and grab... I dunno.. maybe Conachar who probaly wasn't picked.

Not the smartest trade - true. Unfair? I don't see how. Its up to people to know the values of their team. Is it a poolie admin's job to protect people from making seemingly "dumb" trades?
Guest4315 Posted - 01/31/2013 : 13:53:50
In a keeper pool this trade is in my opinion unfair to the guy who gets Spezza. Why?, He's older and more prone to injuries. Gally may never be top 10 for points but Spezza might never again be top 10 for points either. Therfore the upside is mostly with Gally in a keeper pool. However if is a keeper pool it might be better to put Spezza on the bench/IR and pick up a different rookie or even veteran that was overlooked. So maybe getting Spezza is the winner if you get him, put him on the bench and grab... I dunno.. maybe Conachar who probaly wasn't picked.

If it's not a keeper pool than the guy who had Spezza was smart enough to pull the trigger before the guy with Gally realized he was getting hustled.
Alex116 Posted - 01/31/2013 : 10:50:52
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

with this news, would it be a smart idea to pick up Kyle Turris? he's having a good start to the season already, on a PPG clip. with Spezza now out for the majority of the season, his spot as the no. 1 center is more or less secured isn't it?

Yup, with the start he's had, he's bound to move up to the top line now!
The_Gipper Posted - 01/31/2013 : 10:01:13
with this news, would it be a smart idea to pick up Kyle Turris? he's having a good start to the season already, on a PPG clip. with Spezza now out for the majority of the season, his spot as the no. 1 center is more or less secured isn't it?
Alex116 Posted - 01/31/2013 : 09:41:35
Lol, wonder if the guy trading him knew something was up? I read that Spezza's done for the year? Either way, even 2 months is HUGE!
nuxfan Posted - 01/31/2013 : 08:45:40
quote:
Originally posted by Mario 66

Although I completely agree with everyone that on paper this is a slam dunk victory for the individual who picked up Spezza. Lets re-evaluate this in a couple weeks as early on in the season Galcheynyuk & Gallagher seem to have chemistry going & both put up another 2 points a piece last night. If they manage to stay hot this trade may not be as one sided as it appears on paper especially the longer Spezza is out.

Every journey begins with a single step.

news is reporting that Spezza is out at least 2 months, back surgery. This trade looks better all the time...
Mario 66 Posted - 01/30/2013 : 11:48:08
Although I completely agree with everyone that on paper this is a slam dunk victory for the individual who picked up Spezza. Lets re-evaluate this in a couple weeks as early on in the season Galcheynyuk & Gallagher seem to have chemistry going & both put up another 2 points a piece last night. If they manage to stay hot this trade may not be as one sided as it appears on paper especially the longer Spezza is out.

Every journey begins with a single step.
Alex116 Posted - 01/30/2013 : 09:24:47
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Agree with Alex mostly. In a keeper pool, it's a solid trade.

In a non-keeper pool . . . it looks suspicious. Still - it could just be a very risky/foolish move on the Galchenyuk-lover, and unless there was some obvious sign of collusion . . . it would have to stand I suppose.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

I've participated in a lot of fantasy leagues, especially football, and very often guys jump to veto trades as commissioners. You have to be careful to MAKE SURE there is some sort of proof of collusion before vetoing a trade. The problem with the trade mentioned by the OP is that it's highly unlikely that Galchenyuk outscores Spezza this season unless injuries come into play (*note, Spezza is currently dealing with back issues). Is it enough to veto? Prob not, but again, look at the two guys making the deal and try to figure out if they're trying to pull some sort of scam.

Is the pool just a few close friends?
Is there a lot of money on the line?
Are these two "owners" related or close friends in a larger pool where not everyone knows one another?

I'd be more pissed that the guy with Spezza didn't put a note out to everyone in the pool letting them know he's available and to send offers. He surely could have done better than Galchenyuk and even if he's a big Gally/Habs fan, he coulda prob got him for less!!!
Go_Habs_Go Posted - 01/30/2013 : 09:21:22
Galchenyuk is a beast

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet
nuxfan Posted - 01/30/2013 : 08:55:44
perhaps the fact that Spezza is now injured played some part in it...
n/a Posted - 01/30/2013 : 04:17:09
Agree with Alex mostly. In a keeper pool, it's a solid trade.

In a non-keeper pool . . . it looks suspicious. Still - it could just be a very risky/foolish move on the Galchenyuk-lover, and unless there was some obvious sign of collusion . . . it would have to stand I suppose.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 01/28/2013 : 22:48:40
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5286

Spezza was traded for Galcheynuyk in our hockey pool. Nothing was done to question or repeal this deal. Am I wrong??

First things first, is it a keeper pool? If it is, then NO, there's nothing wrong with that deal. I'd assume the guy getting Spezza has a shot at winning and the guy getting Galchenyuk is prob ina rebuild.

If it's a one and done pool (just this abbreviated season), then yes, it should be looked into as possible collusion. Also, is this a pool amongst friends? Usually good friends don't do this sort of thing, but if not everyone knows all members of the draft, you have to ask "do these two who made the trade know each other?".

There's lots of stuff online that teaches you about "collusion" and negating trades, and it really has to be obvious! It's not fair to nix a deal just because you think one guy did a little better, however, i think it's fair to say that this deal is very one sided. There's little to no chance that Gally outperforms Spezza, assuming that the basic scoring system is in play and rookie goals don't count for 10 points or something? Lol.

All i can say is i hope it's a keeper league, in which case the trade is very acceptable.
Guest4679 Posted - 01/28/2013 : 20:24:17
whats ur point/??
nuxfan Posted - 01/28/2013 : 20:19:56
wrong about what?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page