Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Derek Morris - Suspension Prediction?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sahis34 Posted - 01/31/2013 : 16:34:50
Anybody see morris spaz out last night? How many Games should he get suspended for?

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/1/31/3936674/nail-yakupov-goal-derek-morris-fight-coyotes-oilers
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sahis34 Posted - 02/03/2013 : 21:11:21
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

Hey Sahis - what was up with Yakupov today, starting a little post-game dustup after losing to COL? Seemed pretty classless...

I know you jest but he didn't repeatedly sucker punch a guy, plus generally most hockey players do lack class in comparison to tennis players say...
nuxfan Posted - 02/02/2013 : 22:13:40
Hey Sahis - what was up with Yakupov today, starting a little post-game dustup after losing to COL? Seemed pretty classless...
sahis34 Posted - 02/02/2013 : 09:08:49
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by sahis34
The reason morris went beserk on whitney is cause whitney said something nasty to him, whitney admited it after the game. It had absolutely nothing to do with yakupov.

Fair enough. My main point in posting was to ridicule Morris, not so much for his actions towards the Oilers, but for his thinking that the deflection should have been called a hand pass.

It definitely hit his hand, but it was an unintentional deflection so he probably had nothing to complain about
Alex116 Posted - 02/02/2013 : 08:04:43
quote:
Originally posted by sahis34
The reason morris went beserk on whitney is cause whitney said something nasty to him, whitney admited it after the game. It had absolutely nothing to do with yakupov.

Fair enough. My main point in posting was to ridicule Morris, not so much for his actions towards the Oilers, but for his thinking that the deflection should have been called a hand pass.
sahis34 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 16:39:19
morris didnt even look at yakupov, he had eyes only for whitney
sahis34 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 16:36:18
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9848

Morris thought the refs should have called a hand pass

Not sure what's worse....going after an opposing player because you think the ref screwed up, or actually thinking that a deflection off a guys hand off a shot from the point is considered a hand pass???

I actually think Morris pissed at Yakupov for his celebration of the goal, and was trying to get to him. Now, let me clarify, i don't think it was so much his mild celebration on that game winner but more to do with all the uproar over Yakupov's "Fleuryesque" knee slide celebration from days prior. That went viral and i'm sure most players saw it and had an opinion on it. Even though the knee slide wasn't against his team, Morris is a veteran and one who prob didn't agree with Yak's over zealous celebration from a few nights prior. Just my 2 cents...

Try watching the video again; firstly there wasnt much of a celebration, secondly morris was upset before the "celebration" and was waiving his hand all over the place, so its pretty obious he thought it was a hand pass. The reason morris went beserk on whitney is cause whitney said something nasty to him, whitney admited it after the game. It had absolutely nothing to do with yakupov.
Guest9848 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 15:15:23
sorry posted that twice by accident
Guest9848 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 15:13:34
quote:

you guys are wrong he wasnt going after yak he was complaining about the hand pass and whitney basically said get over and he weant after whitney not that im saying it was cool but it wasnt about yakupov motioning his team over or something he might not of been happy he was celebrating the goal but he was going after whitney not yakupov

Guest9848 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 15:12:09
you guys are wrong he was going after yak he was complaining about the hand pass and whitney basically said get over and he weant after whitney not that im saying it was cool but it wasnt about yakupov motioning his team over or something we might not of been happy he was celebrating the goal but he was going after whitney not yakupov
Guest4315 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 12:51:19
I can't wait until the next Oil vs. Yotes game. Either Hordichuck or Eager is going to be having some words to discuss with Morris.
Guest9611 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 07:32:04
He wasn't mad because he thought it was a hand pass, he was mad because now the prudish-style of players in the league (Morris) don't like when people are happy after a goal. He motioned for his team to come and join a celebration, and Morris didn't take to that. They might have thought it was a hand pass, or something random, but they sure weren't mad at Yak for that. Probably upset they can't get a deal done to save their sorely placed team.
Alex116 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 06:56:05
quote:

Not sure what's worse....going after an opposing player because you think the ref screwed up, or actually thinking that a deflection off a guys hand off a shot from the point is considered a hand pass???

I actually think Morris pissed at Yakupov for his celebration of the goal, and was trying to get to him. Now, let me clarify, i don't think it was so much his mild celebration on that game winner but more to do with all the uproar over Yakupov's "Fleuryesque" knee slide celebration from days prior. That went viral and i'm sure most players saw it and had an opinion on it. Even though the knee slide wasn't against his team, Morris is a veteran and one who prob didn't agree with Yak's over zealous celebration from a few nights prior. Just my 2 cents...
Guest9848 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 06:06:15
sahis34 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 00:04:57
pretty classless though
Guest4377 Posted - 01/31/2013 : 19:56:29
I agree - zero. And because it was inconsequential. If Morris connected with one of his blows, and happened to knock out Whitney, we would something to talk about.
nuxfan Posted - 01/31/2013 : 16:44:09
erm, zero?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page