Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 I would favor this system

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 12/03/2013 : 04:17:38
In fact I have favored this type of point system since the shootout was initiated.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-alternative-standings-2013-14-regulation-wins-counted-214041821--nhl.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4744 Posted - 12/04/2013 : 14:38:54
I always like the 5 on 5 OT after 5 minutes each recieve a point and go home fealing like you kissed your sister!

If we must see shootouts and must have a winner every regular season game, they should definitly have the same amount of points rewarded every game. I hate that some games end with three points given out and the majority two points. Makes no sense.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 12/03/2013 : 17:58:41
I like the idea of a 3 point game with 2 points to an overtime/so winner with 1 point to the losser in the extra period. I have always wondered why a team winning in regulation gets the same points as a team winning in overtime/so. I'd rather see the overtime go to 4/4 for 5 minutes then 3 on 3 for 5 minutes, to push for an overtime win rather than a shootout finish.
umteman Posted - 12/03/2013 : 16:03:38
What really is wrong with being awarded a point for playing to a tie in regulation? as pointed out by the guest poster that has always been the case.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
@valanche Posted - 12/03/2013 : 14:22:29
what about a loss is a loss is a loss.

0 points for regulation, OT, or SO losses.

66 is > than 99
umteman Posted - 12/03/2013 : 08:50:43
And in this system 3 points would be given every game: 3 to the winner of a regulation game, and in an overtime game 2 to the winner and 1 to the loser be it a win in overtime or in a shootout. What I really don't like about the present point system is a team that won a shoot out getting the same points as a team that won a hockey game.

Guest8670 Posted - 12/03/2013 : 07:51:37
I think the last thing we need to do is give away MORE points for games. One of the flaws of the implemented shootout points system was that, for the first time, more than 2 points would be given out every game. Previously, in the system that used ties, a win was 2, tie was 1, so no matter the game, 2 points would be given out. It had a very nice symmetry about it. I think the last thing we need to do is give out even more points.

With the possible changes surrounding the shootout/overtime issue, I could easily see the system going to a longer OT and scrapping the shootout altogether, but adding another point when there are already too many points? Not sure.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page