Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Jokinen is on fire!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 03/05/2009 : 17:28:53
Ok I couldn't resist the pun, sorry. Anyway, Jokinen is half way through his first game with the Flames and he already has 2 goals! I'm impressed! Side note, Leopold also has a goal. Pretty good acquisitions.

Although it might be a bit soon, I have to wonder if the Flames are now at the same level as San Jose, Detroit and Boston. What do you think?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greatonesleague Posted - 05/02/2009 : 15:44:02
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9536

I think it comes down to goal differential. the top 4 teams have much larger goal differentials.

Boston - 70
New Jersey - 44
San Jose - 53
Detroit - 53
Calgary - 25

With a guy like Jokinen added to a potent scoring threat team it really boosts the goals for, which will mean the difference in those tight games. Add that other teams now have to cover 3 full lines of scoring threats and this move brings Calgary on par with the other teams, maybe even above some of them.

YOU FORGOT VAN.+ 65
greatonesleague Posted - 05/02/2009 : 15:41:55
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Ok I couldn't resist the pun, sorry. Anyway, Jokinen is half way through his first game with the Flames and he already has 2 goals! I'm impressed! Side note, Leopold also has a goal. Pretty good acquisitions.

Although it might be a bit soon, I have to wonder if the Flames are now at the same level as San Jose, Detroit and Boston. What do you think?

WHAT DO I THINK !, ITHINK CALGARY SHOULD SHINE UP THIER GOLF CLUBS AND ENJOY THE LONG ,LO ONNG OFF SEASON BECAUSE THIER OUT ON THERE ASSES AND THEY NEVER WERE AT THE SAME LEVEL OF THE CANUCKS OR DET. OR BOS. THIER STILL PLAYING !!!!
Ajal Posted - 05/01/2009 : 19:16:32
Too bad it didn't work out there for him in the end with that huge drop. I had high hopes for him there, one of my favorites on my favorite team... But I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone just as quickly.

He is caught in a team change, because I am guessing the flames are sick of quick eliminations.

Favorite teams:Calgary and St.louis
Guest9536 Posted - 03/06/2009 : 10:53:07
I think it comes down to goal differential. the top 4 teams have much larger goal differentials.

Boston - 70
New Jersey - 44
San Jose - 53
Detroit - 53
Calgary - 25

With a guy like Jokinen added to a potent scoring threat team it really boosts the goals for, which will mean the difference in those tight games. Add that other teams now have to cover 3 full lines of scoring threats and this move brings Calgary on par with the other teams, maybe even above some of them.
just1n Posted - 03/06/2009 : 09:46:08
Haha, that's a really good synopsis Slozo. He's probably not used to it being cold outside in the winter, but besides that I think he'll be pretty stoked in Cowtown!
leigh Posted - 03/06/2009 : 09:41:12
Tell me again about the legend of the great Oli Jokinen uncle Slozo!

LOL! nice picture.
n/a Posted - 03/06/2009 : 04:22:46
Well, let's step into Jokinen's skates . . .
You're a great young player with very good offensive abilities and decent defense to boot. But you slog away on a loser team in the Florida backwater, and never get to make the playoffs. You tell your agent that you want to go to a market that has a chance to make the playoffs, and get dealt to Phoenix, a team with a great young core that is on the brink of being a playoff team. Great, you think!

You're not really meshing as well as you'd like with the team, but you're winning at first, and look good. Then, weeks before the trade deadline, the play of the whole team slips just a bit - doesn't need much to lose in the tight western conference - and suddenly, you're very much on the outside looking in. G'ol darn it if you're not going to spend another playoffs playing golf and watching the fun on the telly! At least you are used to the pain, being the all-time leader in games played without ever being in the playoffs . . .

Then you get traded to Calgary! Oh joy! Not only a playoff team, but a very good playoff team, one with a chance to actually go all the way! And, you have the chance to play with one of the top 5 most talented players in the league, Iginla! And, you're finally smack dab in the middle of a hockey market where you are front page news! Your name is the biggest at the deadline! You are THE MAN, and the crowd is cheering like you've never heard before . . . look at all thos people!

And, filled with emotion, you play the best game you can, with BY FAR the most talented players you have ever played with.

I think, just maybe, Jokinen is happy.
And he lived happily ever after, until they met Detroit in the playoffs . . . but that's, another story . . .

THE END

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest4180 Posted - 03/06/2009 : 00:56:49
What a glove save by Biron in the 3rd to rob Jokinen of the hat trick. Well I think this should put them at the same level as these other teams. They have really good depth. they have a ton of fire power and just need to avoid the injury bug and hope that guys like bertuzzi, langkow, bourque and girodano get back soon.
Bozonator Posted - 03/05/2009 : 21:47:25
Oh man! Watching that game today, Jokinen seemed very excited to be out there, he played a really good game. It just seemed he was very excited to be out of Phoenix and playing with Iginla and Camms. It was beautiful to see.
Ripley Posted - 03/05/2009 : 21:19:15
I guess it's proof that guys feel fresh after a trade. A renewed energy.
Guest0911 Posted - 03/05/2009 : 18:22:33
Other interesting notes from tonight's games:

1) Upshall with a goal, Dawes an assist Phx is currently beating Boston 2-1

2) Antropov with an assist, Rangers lead the Islanders 4-2

3) Comrie with a goal and an assist, Campoli with a goal, Ottawa leads 3-1 (I'm lumping this with the deadline trades though it was a bit before)

4) Gerber currently winning in Toronto

A lot of pts coming from these trades already...

Guest6970 Posted - 03/05/2009 : 18:07:36
almost but not quite. but u never know what happens in the playoffs. theyere certainly up there

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page