Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... St. Louis
 Andy Murray gets Axed in STL

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Canucks Man Posted - 01/02/2010 : 10:44:51
Just read on NHL.com the Blues have fired head coach Andy Murray. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=512041

CANUCKS RULE!!!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
willus3 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 14:23:37
Last game the Blues were in Calgary during a timeout I happened to notice Kariya rolling his eyes while Murray was talking to the team . Figured something wasn't copacetic there.
Beans15 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 10:59:31
Is this a big surprise?? I think Davidson stuck with him about a year longer than most GM's would.

I read a story earlier in the year that Murray would often slide a short game plan under the players doors on road trips. Apparently, Murray would walk the hall in the AM and see that many of the game plans were pushed back into the hallway, basically his team tuning him out completely.

If there is any truth to that, the writting was on the wall. That St. Louis team might not be great, but they are significantly better, minimally on the offensive side of the puck to have such a poor record. More specifically, a team with that firepower as should not be one of the 5 lowest scoring teams in the league. I could see them losing games on defense, but they should be in the middle or near the top in scoring.

It unfortunate as I think Murray is a good coach but he has never had any kind of team and I think his methods are little bit dated. He learned in the 80's how to coach and has not really changed his style since then. Apparently very agressive in some situations, but more bark than bite.

This new guy could do something. I like when a team brings their AHL coach up. Gives new blood to the coach world and they are normally familiar with the younger players.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page