Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Gretzky Hypothetical Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  12:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts
If you look at the roster for the 1992-93 LA. Kings, they had some talent on that team.

Er... 'some talent', but really not really very much... Couple decent players, couple plumbers with career years, ...
Go to Top of Page

Guest5221
( )

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  17:44:02  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts
If you look at the roster for the 1992-93 LA. Kings, they had some talent on that team.

Er... 'some talent', but really not really very much... Couple decent players, couple plumbers with career years, ...

To win the West you didnt need much. Automaticly to Finals like the Blues of teh 60's.
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  17:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 9995 (the artist formerly known as "Guest 1267") - You stole my playbook! But thanks for the tip of the hat. Yes, perhaps there is a method to the madness of this insane guy!

By the way, off topic but just wondering, who did people cheer for in that '93 final? Gretzky or the Canadian team? For me it was a nightmare final, as I certainly didn't want to see the Habs win, yet again, and didn't particularly want to see Wayne win, yet again, either.

Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  17:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a Leafs fan, but I cheered for Montreal because L.A. did not deserve to be in the 93 final...Is Fraser on the Phoenix payroll this year??? Phoenix never made the playoffs this year, and Fraser did not either...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...

Edited by - PuckNuts on 05/10/2007 17:48:26
Go to Top of Page

Guest9911
( )

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  20:15:26  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyhack

Guest 9995 (the artist formerly known as "Guest 1267") - You stole my playbook! But thanks for the tip of the hat. Yes, perhaps there is a method to the madness of this insane guy!

By the way, off topic but just wondering, who did people cheer for in that '93 final? Gretzky or the Canadian team? For me it was a nightmare final, as I certainly didn't want to see the Habs win, yet again, and didn't particularly want to see Wayne win, yet again, either.

(Artist formerly known as 9995 and 1267 before that)

No worries, Andyhack! As to your question.... In Canada, most people were probably going for the Habs, not because of the whole Gretzky vs. Gilmore thing, but because Canadians have to cheer for the Canadian team. (The only people in Canada who thought Kerry Fraser won the series for LA were in Ontario. It never ceases to amaze me how Leaf fans completely missed that Gretzky scored 5 points in the final 2 games of that series. Always much easier to blame it all on one high stick!)
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  21:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As for your insulting comments, the only reason I, and I suspect a few others on here haven't unloaded a barrage of verbal abuse on you is because we, unlike you, respect what this site is trying to do with the rules they have put in place. Perhaps you should read them again? This is a forum intended for civil debates.

Is your nose stained dark or light brown?

What is a definitive victory, anyway?

If Ottawa beats Anaheim 4 games to 3 and every game goes into triple overtime, who gets the Cup?

Don't talk to me about who almost won, talk to me about who did win.

Don't talk to me about who could have beaten Gretzky's records if he had played here or with this guy or if he had played in 2000....I don't care. One guy holds the records, one guy wins the polls.

Who scored 92 goals in one season? Was that Messier? Lemieux? Lafleur? Orr? Did Orr get 92 goals one year? Did Orr get 215 points one year? Did Orr set the record for career points? No, he did not.

Why are we even arguing? It's ridiculous.

No andyhack, you are not insane. Probably not.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  21:17:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9911

quote:
Originally posted by andyhack

(Artist formerly known as 9995 and 1267 before that)

No worries, Andyhack! As to your question.... In Canada, most people were probably going for the Habs, not because of the whole Gretzky vs. Gilmore thing, but because Canadians have to cheer for the Canadian team. (The only people in Canada who thought Kerry Fraser won the series for LA were in Ontario. It never ceases to amaze me how Leaf fans completely missed that Gretzky scored 5 points in the final 2 games of that series. Always much easier to blame it all on one high stick!)

I was cheering for LA.

I live in Canada but don't base my choices on the teams being from Canada.

I like Canadian players, and they are on every team. To me, I'm cheering for Ottawa not because they are based in Canada, but because they have more Canadians on the team. I'm cheering for Anaheim for the same reason.

Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  07:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

quote:

If Ottawa beats Anaheim 4 games to 3 and every game goes into triple overtime, who gets the Cup?

Well, in your example Ottawa scored 25% more than Anaheim...
The point about it being a definitive victory is this: You said no one who knows anything about hockey would pick anyone but Gretzky as the best all time. I showed you that half of the pundits who voted in that poll say otherwise. You are grasping at straws by asking what a definitive victory is.

quote:
Did Orr get 92 goals one year? Did Orr get 215 points one year? Did Orr set the record for career points? No, he did not.

Was Orr a forward with a personal bodyguard who played in the highest scoring era in the NHL ?

quote:

What's ridiculous is the fact that you think the greatest all time is not debatable. It's understandable though, as you are not old enough to have seen Orr play. If it's so ridiculous, start a new thread and show me. I'm more than willing to show you it is completely debatable.

[quote]Is your nose stained dark or light brown?

No darker than your tongue

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  09:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

quote:

Well, in your example Ottawa scored 25% more than Anaheim...
The point about it being a definitive victory is this: You said no one who knows anything about hockey would pick anyone but Gretzky as the best all time. I showed you that half of the pundits who voted in that poll say otherwise. You are grasping at straws by asking what a definitive victory is.

quote:
Did Orr get 92 goals one year? Did Orr get 215 points one year? Did Orr set the record for career points? No, he did not.

Was Orr a forward with a personal bodyguard who played in the highest scoring era in the NHL ?

quote:

What's ridiculous is the fact that you think the greatest all time is not debatable. It's understandable though, as you are not old enough to have seen Orr play. If it's so ridiculous, start a new thread and show me. I'm more than willing to show you it is completely debatable.

[quote]Is your nose stained dark or light brown?

No darker than your tongue

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

That was just gross.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page