Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 World Juniors Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 12/25/2006 :  23:31:38  Reply with Quote
Canada opens defence of its back-to-back world junior championships against the host Swedes, Tuesday on TSN 12:30pm et/9:30am pt.

www.tsn.ca

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  10:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm watching the Canada/Sweden game right now and I really notice the Canadians trying to do things by themselves. They could use a little more team effort.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  14:41:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Canada won 2-0 and Germany beat U.S.A 2-1 and Belarus beat Finland 4-3
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  06:28:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

OK to the first, WHAT?? to the second, dang it to the third.

Of course Canada was gonna win, it's Canada . How can we lose to Germany??? NOOO! Come on USA, let's step it up!! And I really expected Belarus to be crushed by Finland. The Finns are great at hockey. (And I'm a big Finland fan so of course I was rooting for them )
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  10:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know if TSN's also gonna show the IIHF World Championships in Moscow?
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  11:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:

OK to the first, WHAT?? to the second, dang it to the third.

Of course Canada was gonna win, it's Canada . How can we lose to Germany??? NOOO! Come on USA, let's step it up!! And I really expected Belarus to be crushed by Finland. The Finns are great at hockey. (And I'm a big Finland fan so of course I was rooting for them )

im watching the Canada-USA game and at the end of the 1st period Canada's up 2-0
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  13:04:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Canada Beat the U.S of A 6-3
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  13:37:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here are the standings for group A: 1.Canada 2 wins 0 losses 6 points
2.Germany 1 win 1 ot win 5 point
3. U.S.A 1 loss 1ot loss 1 points
4.Slovakia 1 loss 2GF 0 points
5.Sweden 1 loss 0GF 0 points
Goals For is the tie breaker

The standings for group B are: 1.Switzerland 1 win 4GF 3 points
2.Russia 1 win 3GF 3points
3.Belarus 1 win 1 loss 3 points
4.Finland 1 loss 3GF 0 points
5.Czech Republic 1 loss 2GF 0 points
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  17:23:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't you guys think tsn over-hypes the world jrs.?

I used to love it when I was a kid...but lately tsn makes it out to be like the biggest deal....Did you guys see sportscenter year in review?
They gave the world jrs. one of the top 10 stories of the year and NOT the wildcard pittsburg steelers winning the superbowl...ummmmmmmm?

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  07:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Canada Beat the U.S of A 6-3

AAAAHH!! NOOOOOO!

I kinda expected that though...Canada's good
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  14:15:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russia creamed Belarus 6-1

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/?ID=190109&hubname=
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  18:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Canada beat Germany 3-1
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  18:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finland beat the Czech Republic 6-2, Russia dumped Switzerland 6-0, and Sweden beat Slovakia 6-3.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/?ID=189951&hubname=world_jrs
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  23:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

I used to love it when I was a kid...but lately tsn makes it out to be like the biggest deal....Did you guys see sportscenter year in review?
They gave the world jrs. one of the top 10 stories of the year and NOT the wildcard pittsburg steelers winning the superbowl...ummmmmmmm?
Your in canada. Hockey is always biggr than football. you should know that.

Edited by - blade on 12/29/2006 23:47:52
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  07:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I HATE CROSBY

Canada = Hockey

The Steelers were a great story, and I'm sure they ranked higher on the ESPN version of the Top 10. But here, where hockey is sport of choice, the Jrs. were all we really had to cheer about.

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Canada beat Slovakia 3-0, and the US beat also beat Slovakia 6-1. Woot, we finally won! lol

Canada's in first place in their division, followed by Sweden, Germany, USA, and Slovakia. Russia's in first place in their division, followed by Finland (whom Russia slammed 5-0), Czech Republic, Switzerland, and Belarus.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  18:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YESSS! We beat Sweden! 3-2 in OT.

Czechs beat the Swiss 4-2

Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  20:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spearbelly, you are the man.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  20:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My HARTfelt wishes for 2007...........
For Canada...............................GOLD
FOR BABLABOUSHKA and RIPLEY.........................a Thornton Conn Smythe
For TREVMAN 12..........................................a SENSational 2nd round miracle
For NORDIQUES................................................................a HABby New Year
For MIKHAILOVA............................................................a happier new Briere
For SLAPSHOT.................................................No more Messier' guarantees'
For B-RETT 10 and NUCK H8R..........................a whacky n' WILD playoff run
For RYAN HARPER , PUCKER , BLUBBER BOY and JACK HAYDEN ...............a game 7 to replace the RORY hype
For BEANS 15 , OIL COUNTRY , OIL GUY and LYALL..........................a pretty pink slip , for Mr. Mgeough
For STANLEY CUP..................................................................your namesake
For TMLF 46 and KASHMIRE............a Sundin trade so that you get ..........same as above
For FRAMER 87........................................................................Home Security
For NOVIE , BLADE , NAZZY 19 and GOON.........a Darcy Tucker 'peck' on the cheek
For CROSBY FAN and I HATE CROSBY............................a candle lit dinner
For LEIGH.........................................a Sutter re training order
For ULTIMATETITMAN....................a subtle restraining order
For SEMIN RULES...........................a supple re staining odor
For DONALD BECKETT , C MAC 19 , SCUTLEBUT , MYLES 06 07 and ZORAN..........all things lovely , including a Celine Dion-free year
FOR GOOSE................................................................................a gander
For NAFFAEL .....................a trash talk 'get-out-of-penalty-box-free' card
For ADMIN...................................................continued success(you bully)
For all GUESTS.................some Xmas NUTS so that you may register

To all of you who I tolerate , semi admire or wholly detest,yet acknowledge as compatriots of this great game that binds us with enthusiasm,personal value judgements and verbal diarrhea........to you..... I wish 2007 to be your goodest year ever. Happy Postings.................(see you in the corners)

Edited by - spearbelly on 12/31/2006 21:58:59
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  20:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey why'd you take out the rest? It was awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  20:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wishes for 2007....gold for the US (a little tough at this point though), and tickets to the WC in Moscow. Woot.

Heh heh--thanks spearbelly

I'm graduating from high school this year!! Class of 2007! Woot!

Edited by - Mikhailova on 12/31/2006 21:04:14
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  21:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea thanks spearbelly leave me out JK
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  22:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[

Urin ('')
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  23:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YEA THANKS
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  14:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spearbelly

My HARTfelt wishes for 2007
I wish 2007 to be your goodest year ever.

For SPEARBELLY.....................................................Hooked on Phonics
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  15:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the HART implied the trophy.

Hukt on Fonix rokx.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  15:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I think the HART implied the trophy.

Oh, my bad.

I saw someone once with a T-shirt that said "Hukt awn fonix reely wurkt fur mee!"

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/01/2007 15:20:31
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  07:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's mins away from US vs USA.We (US) will win 4-2............and I hope my Spidy Senses are wrong cause they're telling me Silver for Canada.........(Go away,evil thoughts)
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  10:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that was a great game and how about Toews in the shootout and Price on that PK in overtime

GOING FOR 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  11:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Canada just beat the US...again

Oh well...it was expected. Canada's good. Gold's going to either them or Russia--those two have the best shot.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  12:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Give me a break it was a horrily pathetic game to watch, up until halfway in the third. Canada was bunching up everywhere, passes weren't getting through... It was ugly hockey. Then they decided to turn it on, finally. Amazing how a team can win having played only about a quarter of the game.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  13:49:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[

2-1 Canada.YESSSSSSSSS.I was wr... with the 4-2 thing (still seeing DOUBLE from the New Year celebrating),but was right with the victor......................Looked like the USA was going to take this one,They dominated on "The Draw" but more important were a mite better with puck pressure.Thought Canada would've wore down the American "D" moreso as this was their 4th gm. in 5 days and 2nd in less than 24 hrs.Looked as though Chorney's lone goal was to stand,before Canada's Bourdon tied the gm. in the 13th min. mark of the third , allowing The Red n White to play a little less "Bewildered" for the remainder of regulation............USA outshot our chaps 12-2 in O.T. partly because of 4 on 3 play resulting from a penalty Letang wasn't proud of (he missed on 1st swoop then on 2nd effort , connected with the mild mannered Johnson...blade to mug.)
Both NET GUYS played well with US's Frazee making a "Game Saver" on Little in the slot(it was a Big Little save),@ the 8 min. mark in the 2nd and Price continuing with his steady Confident demeanour.As well as they each performed,the Shoot Out ironically saw alot of twine movement (9 of 14 shots were goals)and strangely,8 of the 9 goals were from shots vs the deke ( except for the BIG ONE from the blade of Toews) which
was a deke/ shot.Frazee made 2 nice poke checks but Price made the most crucial save............the LAST one........................................I give the officiatng an A -....Other than a missed US . trip on one of our guys @ the 14.30 mark of the 2nd and a missed
blatent Carmen-elbow-to-Downie's-head call in the 3rd(there was also the Chorney cross check to Downie without a call in the 3rd however quickly resolved with the make up interfernce pen. [which wasn't] on Geoffreon)......other than that.....Sweden's Ulf Ronnmark called a good game (guessin' the NHL will never want him)..................Anyhowse...........Congrats RED N ' WHITE ........GO NUTS fer GOLD.
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  13:51:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to agree with Babs, but I kinda have to! It was not a great game! There was very litle flow to it, and the refs were calling everything. (We got lucky that the Letang penalty wasn't a major in the 3rd!)
As patriotic and passionate as I am, I have to admit that the best team may not have won... but I'm damn glad they did!
The Americans were ferocious in their own end. I think they blocked more shots than we got on goal.
Loved to see Frazee bitchin' and whinin' about the phantom player in his crease when Bourdon scored to tie it. (To Mikhailova - it's stuff like that that makes us ridicule the Americans! No offense to you, if you love hockey then you're okay by me!)
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  14:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[I hate to disagree with Ulti-man(kinda like him),but other than the one call and 3 non calls that I spoke of , the calls were bang on.Wasn't the reffing that created the 'NO FLOW'.And if you think that game was an example of calling everything,how do you ever get through 6 mins. of an NHL game???............(You're right , Americans did play a better game)................CHEERS.

Edited by - spearbelly on 01/03/2007 14:20:33
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  16:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

I hate to agree with Babs, but I kinda have to! It was not a great game!

Hmm..well I didn't see it so I wouldn't know. I just kinda thought Canada would win.

quote:
Loved to see Frazee bitchin' and whinin' about the phantom player in his crease when Bourdon scored to tie it. (To Mikhailova - it's stuff like that that makes us ridicule the Americans! No offense to you, if you love hockey then you're okay by me!)

Seriously, you really think the only whiny people live in the US? Yes, there are some whiny people here, but come on we're not the only ones. Crosby whined last year, but now he's matured. Give Frazee time, maybe he'll do the same. That does sound like a stupid comment on his part, but most people around here aren't that obnoxious.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/03/2007 16:43:09
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  16:44:08  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

I hate to agree with Babs, but I kinda have to! It was not a great game!

Hmm..well I didn't see it so I wouldn't know. I just kinda thought Canada would win.

quote:

Seriously, you really think the only whiny people live in the US? Yes, there are some whiny people here, but come on we're not the only ones. Crosby whined last year, but now he's matured. Give Frazee time, maybe he'll do the same. That does sound like a stupid comment on his part, but most people around here aren't that obnoxious.

I've seen us Canadians whine our fair share so I agree with Mikhailova.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  17:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh I knew it! The gold medal game will indeed be between Canada and Russia. (Russia beat Sweden 4-2 to advance to the finals while Canada beat the US 2-1). It's Sweden vs. US in the bronze medal game. I'm rooting for the US there, but in the gold medal game...hmmmmmm...who to root for...it's hard to say. Canada and Russia are both excellent teams. Both undefeated too....wow this is gonna be a good game!
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  17:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I HATE CROSBY

TSK TSK. Dumping on a World Hockey Tourney!!!!!..........................................Other than being awake.........is there anything you DON'T HATE??????????????
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  17:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah c'mon dude, you're Canadian. You're not supposed to like football! Hockey's your national sport, of course TSN's gonna put it in the top 10.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  18:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allright, I'm calling it:

World Junior results:
Gold: Russia
Silver: Canada
Bronze: USA

After some deep thinking during the commercial breaks of the Sabres-Senators game () I've come to the conclusion that Russia will beat the Canadians because they have the better stats so far: 12 points (tied w/Canada though), 20 goals for (higher than Canada), and 3 goals against (lower than Canada). The US is gonna beat Sweden because, although we have fewer wins and points, more losses and goals against, we have more goals for and plus we beat the Swedes before and we can beat 'em again. Miracles, remember...

WHAT??? Dany Heatly just got a hat trick and the Senators lead 4-0
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  00:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Allright, I'm calling it:

World Junior results:
Gold: Russia
Silver: Canada
Bronze: USA

After some deep thinking during the commercial breaks of the Sabres-Senators game () I've come to the conclusion that Russia will beat the Canadians because they have the better stats so far: 12 points (tied w/Canada though), 20 goals for (higher than Canada), and 3 goals against (lower than Canada). The US is gonna beat Sweden because, although we have fewer wins and points, more losses and goals against, we have more goals for and plus we beat the Swedes before and we can beat 'em again. Miracles, remember...

WHAT??? Dany Heatly just got a hat trick and the Senators lead 4-0

Canada get a silver medal noway Gold:Canada
Silver:Russia
Bronze:Swedan
I say Canada is goin to win because well there canadian and Swedan because there hosting it

Edited by - 1 Crosby fan on 01/04/2007 00:41:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page