Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Your Top 10 - Prospects Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2010 :  04:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have decided I am going to make a couple of different Top 10 Lists.

Top 10 NHL Goaltenders - Top 10 NHL Forwards - Top 10 NHL Defensemen - Top 10 NHL Prospects.
(Maybe one or two more within due time.)

Each list will be based on perspective / personal opinion. They will also be subject to change during my player re-rates. Meaning, just because Player A is ranked #1 today, does not mean by next month they will still be there. They may drop down the rankings, based on play/performance, others play/performance, injuries, suspensions, etc...

Now, on to today's topic!
-----------------------------------------

Top 10 NHL Prospects.

Criteria: The players on your list (and mine) must already be drafted by an NHL team. However, they can not have played more than 25 regular season National Hockey League games. (All NHL seasons combined).

1. Cody Hodgson - C - Age: 20 - CAN - Canucks
2. Nikita Filatov - LW - Age: 19 - RUS - Blue Jackets
3. Oliver Ekman-Larsson - D - Age: 18 - SWE - Coyotes
4. Cory Schneider - G - Age: 24 - USA - Canucks
5. John Carlson - D - Age: 20 - USA - Capitals
6. Jonathon Bernier - G - Age: 21 - CAN - Kings
7. Jordan Eberle - C - Age: 19 - CAN - Oilers
8. Mikael Backlund - C - Age: 21 - SWE - Flames
9. Nazem Kadri - C - Age: 19 - CAN - Maple Leafs
10. Alex Pietrangelo - D - Age: 20 - CAN - Blues

-- That is Irvine's current top 10 NHL prospects. Sometime in the near future, I will re-evaluate my list and make any adjustments that I see fit based on play from now until then.

Please post your top 10, while following the criteria. No more than 25 NHL regular season games (all seasons combined) allowed. I have set that number to determine an actual NHL caliber player now. No longer that of a prospect.

Irvine/prez.

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2010 :  05:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly it's kind of hard for me to make a list like that, because i simply haven't seen the prospects enough to make a valid projection for each. Aside from the World Juniors, and the odd NHL game from the likes of Bernier & Filatov, i haven't seem them play very much. Other than that, what i know about the players is what i read in The Hockey News & from what i hear from people like Bob McKenzie.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2010 :  09:42:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

Honestly it's kind of hard for me to make a list like that, because i simply haven't seen the prospects enough to make a valid projection for each. Aside from the World Juniors, and the odd NHL game from the likes of Bernier & Filatov, i haven't seem them play very much. Other than that, what i know about the players is what i read in The Hockey News & from what i hear from people like Bob McKenzie.

Ryan, i'm right there with you! Everything i know, aside from the odd time i've seen'em is from reading or hearing about them. I really hope Hodgson's back holds up and he ends up being as good as he's projected! There was a lot of uproar here in Van when we picked him as a lot of fans wanted the Canucks to select Kyle Beech who went with the very next pick (11th) to Chicago. Beech is a somewhat of a local, being from Kelowna BC but is/was said to have some attitude problems? Not many had seen much of Hodgson but what we all witnessed at the WJC's in 08 was all we needed to see to believe this kid's potential. I really think he'd have made the team this year if not for the bad back.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2010 :  11:28:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i am going to say my top 5 due to me not having enough knowledge on them

Linus Omark EDM
Cody Hodgson VAN
Cory Scheider Currently Van
Michael Grabner Van
Jonathan Bernier LA
---------------
Niikita Filatov CBJ
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2010 :  12:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Hodgson
2. Eberle
3. Filatov
4. B. Schenn
5. Larsson
6. Kadri
7. Cowen
8. Schneider
9. Carlsson
10. Pietroangelo

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest6012
( )

Posted - 03/27/2010 :  16:21:29  Reply with Quote
no one likes ryan ellis?
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  23:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Cody Hodgson
2. Jordan Eberle
3. Johnathan Bernier
4. Nikita Filatov
5. Alex Pietrangelo
6. PK Subban
7. John Carlson
8. Oliver Ekman-Larsson
9. Nazem Kadri
10. Michael Backlund
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  00:38:06  Reply with Quote
PK SUBBAN!!! Gonna be rookie of the year next year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8559
( )

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  04:24:04  Reply with Quote
Why so high on Hodgson folks?

He has the tools but will will he ever play more than 50 games a season? His body can't handle it. 20 year old with major back issues is a huge red flag. Schenn will have a better career as will Filatov and Eberle
Go to Top of Page

Guest2284
( )

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  09:13:11  Reply with Quote
From what ive seen of Kadri, he has great VISION...cant teach vision, it is a natural gift. Watch out for players with speed and vision, they can achieve greatness very quickly. This guy feeding Kessel can become scary.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  11:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2284

From what ive seen of Kadri, he has great VISION...cant teach vision, it is a natural gift. Watch out for players with speed and vision, they can achieve greatness very quickly. This guy feeding Kessel can become scary.

Kadri has A LOT of growing up to do if the World Juniors was any indication of how he plays. Took a lot of stupid shots and retaliated a lot. This ain't juniors and he will either get beat down or Wilson will sit him a ton if he played like that.

Kind of reminded me of that spoiled kid on your team. Though he was way better than he was but acted like a baby when things didn't go his way.

If that is the case, all the vision in the world doesn't help. Plus, I still think a 170 lb centre is a just not big enough in the NHL.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9188
( )

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  22:39:55  Reply with Quote
Kadri's not even twenty years old. He will fill out to be a minimum of 190. He might not be huge, but he neither are a lot of players that excel in the league. Size will not be Kadri's issue, right now from what I've seen he holds onto the puck too long and that will lead to getting crunched in the big leagues, just ask Eric Lindros, size doesn't matter coming over the blueline against a hard hitting d-man.

He is plenty raw, has a penchant for taking nasty runs at players near the boards, but is he ever fun to watch. Going to be a real keeper real soon.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5771
( )

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  00:23:58  Reply with Quote
Everyone seems to be forgetting about Jacob Markstrom. Best goalie not in the NHL.
Go to Top of Page

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  04:19:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Magnus Pajaarvi-Svensson should be on that list. Jordan Schroeder just signed a contract with Vancouver. He should also be a good NHL player. Already putting up points in his first week of pro with the Manitoba Moose.
Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  11:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) Alex Pietrangelo- Saw him play last week, he's a monster
2) Magnus Paajarve Svenson- Impressed me alot in the WJC
3) Jordan Schroeder- Canuck fans should be excited
4) Jordan Eberle- Has some serious hockey sense.
5) Nazem Kadri- Needs to beef up but already looks great
6) Ryan Ellis- Reminds me of a young Brian Rafalski, makes it look easy
7) Jeremy D'Amigo-My sleeper pick. Led the USA in scoring in WJC and has blazing speed
8) Nikita Filatov- If his mom let's him play over here, him and Nash together is scary
9)Keith Aulie- A 6'6 defenseman has to be mentioned. Can skate to.
10) Braydon Schenn- Looks like the next Brenden Morrow with more offensive touch
Go to Top of Page

Guest6626
( )

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  11:05:52  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2284

Leafs suck
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  11:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Kadri has A LOT of growing up to do if the World Juniors was any indication of how he plays. Took a lot of stupid shots and retaliated a lot. This ain't juniors and he will either get beat down or Wilson will sit him a ton if he played like that.

Kind of reminded me of that spoiled kid on your team. Though he was way better than he was but acted like a baby when things didn't go his way.

If that is the case, all the vision in the world doesn't help. Plus, I still think a 170 lb centre is a just not big enough in the NHL.

OMMISSIONS / CORRECTIONS

Nazem Kadri: current listed weight - 177 lbs.
2009–10 London Knights OHL 56gp 35g 58a 93pts
* a second time all-star
* was on the silver medal Canadian Junior team, where he played well getting 3g and 5a, including two assists in the gold medal match, including the one that tied the game with a bit more than a minute left
* scored an impressive 3g, 2a in 6 pre-season NHL games before being sent down, including an amazing shootout goal that was a utube highlight

Dude, you're anti-Leaf bias is showing!
You better warm up on your Leaf knowledge if you're going to wear that blue leaf proud and true all during the playoffs, my man!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  22:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8559

Why so high on Hodgson folks?

He has the tools but will will he ever play more than 50 games a season? His body can't handle it. 20 year old with major back issues is a huge red flag. Schenn will have a better career as will Filatov and Eberle

This is a joke! Hodgson is a tuff boy; just because he had back surgery doesn't mean he is not tough. It was my mistake to put Omark ahead of Hodgson. this guy is the real deal! best leader in the Juniors soon to be Best leader in NHL! Nice Snatch Canucks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page