Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Pick the Series Winner 2010**Changed Again** Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  20:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again Flying -V squeaks through to the next round. I have no idea on this one. I picked Philly for the cup in pre-season than flopped my vote to Chicago mid way through. I then abandoned both of them in favour of the Sharks(who let me down). I think I'll have to ponder this one a little longer.

By the way, classy move by Hawkinoilcountry, had our roles been reversed I probably would have tried to sneak in. Thanks,pal.

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
Go to Top of Page

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  16:16:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flyers in 7

I've just got a weird feeling in my gut about this one. Total goals, 40

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  05:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, what can I say . . . I totally forgot to make my pick here before leaving for the weekend where I had no internet . . . argh. As you see in another post, I would have picked the Flyers.

Would have picked Flyers in 7, 35 total goals . . . but I will totally understand if I am forfeit here. My bad.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  10:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C'mon, what kind of Jerk do you think I am!!

You're pick is good Slozo.

And it looks like this is where you and I can differ. Chicago in 6 is my pick. My goals are low so I am hoping for a few low scoring games to give my self a chance.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  12:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot Beans . . . been a fun but rough weekend, and I was kicking myself as the game started on Saturday night (I watched from my hotel in NYC) that I had forgotten to make my pick formally beforehand.

Yeah, after a shootout game like we saw in the first, it sort of makes you take a step back, eh? Two very good defences there, but it was a wild game to watch, and very entertaining. Still, it could totally tighten up from here on in, so I don't think your low goal total is impossible . . . we shall see!

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  21:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the Cup has been hoisted by the Blackhawks in 6 games.

Slozo and Flying-V both picked the Flyers.

Beans and Guest4247 both picked Chicago.

Beans picked Chicago in 6 games.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...

Total Goals are irrelevant.

I shall gladly take bragging rights for the summer.

I would also like to call your attention to my avatar, which has been replaced to its correct picture. My bet has been satisfied and I am patiently awaiting my next opportunity to regain my respect.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  23:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, you're lucky it didn't come to goals!!! (although i don't know how many your competition took?). Either way, unlike me, well done!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  01:22:34  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the friendly competition, it was a well fought series, I took Chicago, but in 5, and goal total was 25......I think, as Beans said irrelevent. Later
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  04:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, well done on all counts. You won the playoff guessing fair and square, and congrats to you on that. But most importantly, thanks for being such a good sport with our bet and carrying that Maple Leafs avatar proudly beside your name . . . We will definitely have to think of another bet for the regular season with the same stakes on the line for the playoffs (I really like the concept, myself).

Cheers!
Now we talk about who gets Kaberle and Hamhuis and Kovalchuk and Marleau and the draft and trades . . . sigh. It never ends, does it?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page