Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Brashear Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  07:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a lot to say after the latest cheap shot. I say he gets about 10 games for it. But here's the real over/under:

How many days before a story comes out saying that there was a racial slur heard before he snapped.

Over/Under is .5

Go Sens

Guest0959
( )

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:21:04  Reply with Quote
Two words for him: DUMB ASS

Just like when he played here in Vancouver. Always doing stupid things. Probably 6 games, but as you said Novie it could reach 10 so as th set a precedent. Hanlon will get fined too I'm sure.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nichol got 9 for his a couple weeks ago....Persnoally, I thoguht this one was just as bad, but they may add a game or two on to prove a point.

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  07:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brashear got one game for that?? One?? Yet, the play that Ott did deserved 5 games, no question. What the hell is the league doing giving Brashear one game. It's guys like that that make a good point to throw fighting out of the game. Always has been a cheap shot artist. He needs a beating that puts him out of the league perminantly.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4641
( )

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  08:56:09  Reply with Quote
ok, beating to put him out... who in this league is going to throw brashear a carrear ender?! sure what he did was stupid and ridiculous, but u can't compare it to the nichol thing because it wasn't to the side of back of the head, it was a direct shot that was saw the whole way... one game.. no, but not 10.. making a fighter like that sit out for games isn't goin to do much.... hes just there to fight..
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  12:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[
He should get 5 gms but will probably get 2 . Shanahan should get a 1 gm credit for taking on the fat doink .
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  13:02:07  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

Not a lot to say after the latest cheap shot. I say he gets about 10 games for it. But here's the real over/under:

How many days before a story comes out saying that there was a racial slur heard before he snapped.

Over/Under is .5

Go Sens

easy there. no need to bring that into it unless it happens
Go to Top of Page

Blubberboy
Rookie

155 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  13:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Brashear got one game for that?? One?? Yet, the play that Ott did deserved 5 games, no question. What the hell is the league doing giving Brashear one game. It's guys like that that make a good point to throw fighting out of the game. Always has been a cheap shot artist. He needs a beating that puts him out of the league perminantly.

I agree with Beans15

Go Canucks
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  15:09:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spearbelly

Shanahan should get a 1 gm credit for taking on the fat doink .

LOL!!

I saw a picture of the fight in the newspaper today. The face Shanahan made was hilarious.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  09:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that what Brashear did, in my opinion, was worse than what Nichols did to Spacek. The injury was not as bad, but in Nichols case, the play was just finishing and he did something in the heat of the moment that was wrong. No question it was wrong. In Brashear's case, he had just finished a fight and was looking for more. It was intended and premediated. The guy was lipping off. Who cares?? The meatball reached over a ref to sucker punch a guy in the face. He is an embarrassment to the game.

And as for a guy to take Brashear out?? I think big Georges or the Boggieman would give him a thrashing. But when was the last time Brashear fought a guy like that?? It's been a long time. Brashear is a bully and won't dance with a guy his calibre. I hope he gets what's coming to him.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  10:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If McSorley couldn't finish his career with a swift slashing in the side of the head from behind, I don't think anyone could. I do agree though that he is a scar on the face of the NHL.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  13:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The meatball reached over a ref to sucker punch a guy in the face. He is an embarrassment to the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Blubberboy in some other thread

At least i have the guts to sign up you meatball.

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15 somewhere else

I have met wonderful people everyone where in the world and have met real meatballs as well.

I'm curious--is it some kind of mild insult in Canada to call someone a meatball or is this just a coincidence?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  14:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't say meatball, I think it's kind of cheesy.

Badoom chee!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  14:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice Babs. Very Well Done!

I am not sure if Meatball is a Canadian thing or not. It is quite common in my circles however.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bean15 it's Orr not Ott
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

Bean15 it's Orr not Ott

It was probably just a typo, no biggy. But yes it was Orr.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page