Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Biased Officiating Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Guest6534
( )

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  09:08:42  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

Anyone who thinks there is a conspiracy going on (looking at you Vancouver) is just paranoid. Face it, if you lose, you lose because you werent good enough. Get over it and quit whining, your embarassing your team, city and fanbase.

Dont insult the officiating crew or the NHL with your baseless claims. And this is coming from a guy who watched kerry fraser turn a blind eye to wayne and gilmour. That wasnt some conspiracy to keep the leafs out of the cup finals and get wayne and LA in, it was a mistake. Humans make them.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

this leafs fan is right...er wait. whining, embarrassing, wuh? Dude you cant tell people not to whine and then follow it up with a big cry about what happened almost 20 years ago. Typical leafs fan. Pooooooor Dougie.

Fact is, Daniel's goal shoudl have counted. watch the clip of the dvd that Cherry and Maclean played last night. Cherry was speechless. The league got it wrong and has some explaining to do. True the Canucks pooped the bed and would have lost that game regardless of the call, but still no excuse for Colin Campbell to drop the ball like he did.

Also, in regards to conspiracy theories, although i don't believe that there is something going on during these NHL playoffs, those who say it doesn't happen are ignorant to reality of sports. Look at European football. Many of those leagues are run by Asian mobsters who control the outcomes and most of the world's organized gambling. AC Milan and others were penalized a couple years back for this. Look at the douche bag ref in the NBA that fixed games. To say nothing has been proven is ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  10:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two situations in how long???

Nothing is proven is dead right.

If Vancouver really wants to look that they reason they are not stepping all over an LA team that are far superior in the refs is definately not the first place to look.

It's pretty hard to win hockey games witha 43% PK.

Put that up at even 80%, which is a far cry from stellar, and there is a good chance this series is already over.

Go to Top of Page

Guest5903
( )

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  10:11:12  Reply with Quote
No one is saying that game fixing scandals have never happened. I don't live in a land of rainbows and unicorns and dancing fairies. But to infer that there is a league wide conspiracy to get certain teams to advance so as to increase interest in the game, and that everybody, from the top NHL brass to the referees to the Phoenix Coyotes, are in on it, based merely on a handful of marginal calls and non-calls, is simply ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  11:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6534

quote:

Anyone who thinks there is a conspiracy going on (looking at you Vancouver) is just paranoid. Face it, if you lose, you lose because you werent good enough. Get over it and quit whining, your embarassing your team, city and fanbase.

Dont insult the officiating crew or the NHL with your baseless claims. And this is coming from a guy who watched kerry fraser turn a blind eye to wayne and gilmour. That wasnt some conspiracy to keep the leafs out of the cup finals and get wayne and LA in, it was a mistake. Humans make them.

this leafs fan is right...er wait. whining, embarrassing, wuh? Dude you cant tell people not to whine and then follow it up with a big cry about what happened almost 20 years ago. Typical leafs fan. Pooooooor Dougie.

Fact is, Daniel's goal shoudl have counted. watch the clip of the dvd that Cherry and Maclean played last night. Cherry was speechless. The league got it wrong and has some explaining to do. True the Canucks pooped the bed and would have lost that game regardless of the call, but still no excuse for Colin Campbell to drop the ball like he did.

Also, in regards to conspiracy theories, although i don't believe that there is something going on during these NHL playoffs, those who say it doesn't happen are ignorant to reality of sports. Look at European football. Many of those leagues are run by Asian mobsters who control the outcomes and most of the world's organized gambling. AC Milan and others were penalized a couple years back for this. Look at the douche bag ref in the NBA that fixed games. To say nothing has been proven is ridiculous.

I think you need to read what he said again. He was defending the non call on Gilmour and chalked it up to "human error". Your point about the NBA refs has no value that was one guy with a serious gambling addiction, it wasn't David Stern ordering his officials to make sure one team won and another didn't.

And just because Don Cherry thinks it was a goal means literally next to nothing. He is a pompous floating head and the longer he is on the more out of touch he becomes. Every team was sent the same dvd and it boils down to what the war room thought not the on ice officials. Also, Colin Campbell has asolutely nothing to do with video reviews so he really can't "drop the ball" as you say. Time for a few Canuck fans to get fitted for new tin foil hats I'm sure the ones that are on now are gettting worn out.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4796
( )

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  12:22:15  Reply with Quote
As a Canucks fan, i don't think there is any conspiracy, just a serious lack of consistency. The call on Sedin's goal in game 3 was total crap.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  12:40:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm certainly not buying into the conspiracy thing, but i do think the call was bad. Like i said before, if it has to have "conclusive" evidence of it being a goal, why'd it take so long to do the review? To me, that says inconclusive and the call on the ice ough to have stood!

It's one call, hopefully it evens out over time like it usually does but one thing i totally disagree with is when people say "the Canucks would have lost anyway". I can't buy into that theory as a goal at any crucial time in a playoff game can chance a game drastically! Yeah, it's possible that the Kings would have gone on to win, but it's also possible that goal would have sparked the Canucks and given them the boost they needed?

Regardless, as Beans said, if the Canucks PK was anywhere near respectable, they'd have won this series already! The fact they're even with the pk rate they've shown is remarkable in itself!!!
Go to Top of Page

HockeyGuru
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  14:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think i've ever watched a playoff game without someone griping about the officiating.....lets just face the fact that bad calls are a part of hockey and always will be.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6534
( )

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  18:20:58  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baumer

quote:

quote:

I think you need to read what he said again. He was defending the non call on Gilmour and chalked it up to "human error". Your point about the NBA refs has no value that was one guy with a serious gambling addiction, it wasn't David Stern ordering his officials to make sure one team won and another didn't.

And just because Don Cherry thinks it was a goal means literally next to nothing. He is a pompous floating head and the longer he is on the more out of touch he becomes. Every team was sent the same dvd and it boils down to what the war room thought not the on ice officials. Also, Colin Campbell has asolutely nothing to do with video reviews so he really can't "drop the ball" as you say. Time for a few Canuck fans to get fitted for new tin foil hats I'm sure the ones that are on now are gettting worn out.

Actually, it was Colin Campbell who made the call on the non goal so maybe you should check your facts buds. Even if someone else did make the call he is still VP of HOCKEY OPERATIONS.

I can admit maybe i took his Dougie Gilmour comment out of context but he is still a Leafs fan as are you from the sounds of it so ...who you cheering for there champ?

Go to Top of Page

Guest6534
( )

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  18:26:30  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Two situations in how long???

Nothing is proven is dead right.

If Vancouver really wants to look that they reason they are not stepping all over an LA team that are far superior in the refs is definately not the first place to look.

It's pretty hard to win hockey games witha 43% PK.

Put that up at even 80%, which is a far cry from stellar, and there is a good chance this series is already over.

WTF does 'nothing is proven is dead right mean'?

Franks and Beans, those were two situations i pulled off the top of my head. AC Milan was PROVEN to be cheaters and were penalized. I am sure if I did a little research we would find numerous situations like that over the years.

For the record, I have had zero problem with the on ice officiating during the nucks series and do not buy into the conspiracy theorists. The only issue I have is the non goal WHICH I already said wouldnt have mattered as the nucks would have lost anyway.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  22:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The game is so fast that no 2-4 sets of human eyes on the ice can see or call everything correctly. Most of the players agree that the officiating comes out in the wash...more or less. Yes there is an occasional egregious error (case in point) but they do happen and we agree that it all evens out in the end.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  08:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was more brutal officiating in the Montreal/Washington game (missed call to give Washington a 5 on 3) and a high stick on a Caps player that completely bloodied his mouth, right in the middle of the ice, with no call (hilariously, the commentator covered for it by saying it was inadvertent, as if that mattered when you knock out someone's teeth with your stick!). Even if a mistake, it was an automatic double minor because of the blood.

And yet, they made sure to get the light tap on the shins on a Montreal player in the third period a penalty . . .

Later, more bad reffing reared its ugly head in the Vancouver game, and the commentators on CBC were even openly talking about it in diplomatic, hushed tones. When Ron Maclean, a referee defender and apologist, starts talking about how the reffing is bad - you know there's a problem!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Edited by - n/a on 04/24/2010 08:08:19
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  08:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After watching those two games last night as well, I will agree that the refs missed some very obvious stuff.

Another call I think was complete garbage was the Ryan Smyth interference call on Luongo. Smyth was skating across the front of the net (not anywhere close to the crease) and scraped along Luongo. Luongo (who skates were barely in the crease and leaning outwards) flopped like Lee Harvey Oswald was in the stands.

Refs fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

In that respect, it does make the refs job harder to figure out who is faking and who is not. But that still does not excuse those two games specifically.

I still think that overall the reffing has been ok(not great, just ok) and few if any calls have impacted the outcome of a game.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  09:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Beans, the Smyth call had to be made, I would actually agree with that call. Smyth made no good attempt (or at least it didn't look like it) to avoid falling totally on Luongo, and when he did fall on him, he decided to roll around and get up with all the care of a grizzly bear.!

But it was the goalie interference call against LA previously in the first period, where a player barely made contact with Luongo, that was the precedent - and a horrible call.

The refs from what I could see that game saw that the game might turn very chippy and physical (every game has been like this) and I think their thought process was something along the lines of, "let's call it tight right off the bat and send a message so that there is no monkeying around". Except, making phantom calls only serves to actually make it worse, since you then encourage diving (saw that with the light tap on an LA player as he was skating behind the net, and he went down like he was shot - in the replay, the stick never gets above the waist and he clutches his faces as if he had acid poured on it).

Anyways, I could go on and on, but it's no use - just a badly reffed game overall. Which is a shame, as the hockey in both games I watched was exciting and fast and had great entertainment value.

And a quick one to all those that say penalties usually "even out" - that's a load of s***e. In the end, we all want the correct calls as best as possible, so that the playing field is even and we can truly see the best team win, fair and square. Anything else is just not sporting.

Go to Top of Page

Guest9103
( )

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  12:34:44  Reply with Quote
It has seemed to me, the last couple of years, that the refs are always really pushing for Washington and Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

When you see things like Pittsburgh - 16 minutes, Ottawa - 50 minutes in a single game, in which Pittsburgh was the dirtier team, it really makes you ask questions. When they call back several goals that are OK according to the latest videos, that just exacerbates the feeling that something's not on the up and up.

Tack on the situation in Vancouver and I think that's why people are getting an impression that the NHL is out to screw the Canadian teams. Most of the Canadian teams just got the short end of the stick by having to play Bettman's darlings.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  16:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, there have been some questionable calls, some missed calls, etc...

But it happens EVERY game, every year, regular season or playoffs. Some games/series, more so than others.

To those saying it's all a big conspiracy, please. Shake your head and think about what you are saying. The NHL powers that be, are not telling the Refs to let certain teams win. Teams are not trying to let certain teams win, etc...

The reffing is just not up to par right now... the less teams left, the less refs, perhaps the better of quality the reffing becomes. Since, they pick based on who is doing best.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4235
( )

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  17:25:51  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys, but i dont care what rebutal you use, I still standby with the playoffs and stanley cup winner being rigged! HOWEVER, I WILL STOP THIS BELIEF AND WONT SAY A WORD ANYMORE TO ANYONE IF THE FOLLOWING CURRENT WINNERS HAPPEN:
SENS WIN OVER PITTS.
CANUCKS LOSE TO LA
SANJOSE LOSE TO COLORADO
AND IF WASHINGTON DOESNT MEET PITT. IN CONF. FINAL
the league is looking good right now for possibly getting a can. team in the finals, but i doubt that will happen, even if it does, they will get teams there this year that havent EVER WON and need the cash and fan support, or they can showcase off some of the big superstars....AND AGAIN, NEVER WILL YOU EVER SEE A FOUR GAME SWEEP!....CAN WE "FINALLY" SEE A "CANADIAN TEAM" RAISE LORD STANLEYS CUP, COULD THIS FINALLY BE THE YEAR? i SEVERLY DOUBT IT, THANKYOU BETTMAN AND OTHERS.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  17:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Slozo, we are talking about two different calls. The first one(the one I am talking about) happened in the first period. Smyth did not fall on Luongo. He skated in front of the net and not in the crease, grazed Luogo, who flopped like a Brazilian Soccer player, and Smyth continued on to the corner.

Smyth did not go in the crease and Luongo was really into Smyth's path.

The 2nd one, in the 3rd period I complete agree with you.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4235
( )

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  19:38:08  Reply with Quote
Well, so far i am right about ottawa bowing out, one last hope for a canadian team finally winning the cup.....GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES, THEY WILL BEAT LA, BUT GO ON FURTHER WILL BE A MIRACLE, UNLESS THE LEAGUE WANTS A CANADIAN TEAM IN THE FINALS, IF SO, EVEN THEN THEY WONT BEAT WASHINGTON, THATS FOR SURE, OVEY GETS HIS CUP VICTORY, THANKYOU BETTMAN AND CO.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  20:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest,

What does Washington being so good, have to do with Gary Bettman conspiring for a US-based team to win the Stanley Cup?

Bettman did not draft the Caps, does not GM them, does not coach them... I'm just lost at this.

I am an Ottawa Senators fan, who is very disappointed that we were just eliminated from the playoffs. But, I don't view it as Bettmans fault. I don't see it as the Refs fault... I see it as Ottawa blowing a 3-0 lead, and allowing the Pens to play their style of hockey... Capitalizing on mistakes. Driving hard to the net, shoveling in rebounds.

That's how we lost. We were outplayed, by a team I figured would out us in 5-6 or anyways.

I thought the reffing was just fine. The goal that was called back, upset me a bit. The net came off because of the Pens d-man, being over-aggresive, hitting a Sen in to the net. Forcing the net off its bearings.

However, it was the correct call. The net was off, before the puck entered the net. What can you do, it's the rule.

But yeah, I guess the NHL wants a US-based team to win the Cup... again... simply because the US teams are better this year?

Sigh. Everything is a conspiracy.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4235
( )

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  21:12:04  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately for us canadian fans of canadian teams, the same fate that happened to ottawa in game 6 WILL HAPPEN TO THE HABS, NO QUESTION, OR I WILL EAT MY RIGGED BELIEFS....THE HIGHER POWERS TO BE WILL MAKE SURE OVEY MAKES IT TO THE FINALS OR ELSE....SORRY HAB FANS!
By the way, i used to hate montreal being a leaf fan for many years, now, i just choose to cheer for any can. team that can come close to finally winning lord stanley's cup, and stop those stupid american fans who think they rule the world and want to own everything in the sports world (besides bettman wanting success down south to pad his success and pocket book "look how good the league looks now since i took over, all the florida teams are winning the cup?co-incidence or what? or at the least they are surviving another few more years after almost collapsing(ie:tampa, who never shouldve won over calgary)....GO CANUCKS GO!!!!! LOOK OUT CHICAGO OR SANJOSE! yeah, like they'll beat them to get to the finals(unless the higher powers to be wants them to get there for the canadian fan base ratings to go thru the roof to satisfy us....ALL FOR THE SAKE OF THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR, WHICH IS RUINING THIS GOOD OL GAME.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  22:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah Beans - Smyth was the guy who got called on the phantom penalty in the first? That was the one I was talking about, didn't realise it was Smyth. But yeah, I think we agree on the bad calls there.

No, I don't think the refs are coordinating an effort to prevent first round sweeps, or preventing the Canadian teams from advancing to the finals . . . but I do think the reffing has been poor. Some calls do indeed make one wonder about sports betting though, as we supposedly have the best refs working these games and some obvious calls have not been made, as well as some terrible ones being called. But without much more evidence than that, all one can do is shrug your shoulders and hope for a fairly called game next time!

Go to Top of Page

Guest9521
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  05:32:21  Reply with Quote
Do I believe that somewhere there is a darkened room with access only by eye scans and hand prints that Bettman, certain refs, Mike Mibury and other hockey powers gather to discuss ways to continue to shut down the Canadian teams and ensure their current favourites (Wash, Pitts, SJ, Chicago, LA & Phoenix) will suceed? No.

Do I believe that as a business DESPERATE for US tv support (especially NBC) would encourage refs to make borderline calls towards specific teams to assist their dream in having an all US final 8 with advancement by some of the teams needing a boost in fans? Abso-freakin-lotely! The NHL is a BUSINESS. NBC has stated on numerous occasions that they have zero interest in Canadian teams, and the NHL needs to listen or they will lose markets that they cannot afford to lose (especially when Bettman has made a point of creating those markets). How many Winter Classics on January 1st have Canadian teams had? None? That's correct. There has been more talk of LA having one than Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa or any of the West Coast Canadian teams that could ACTUALLY pull it off. Heck, there's talk now of a Crosby/Ovie one -- Pittsburgh JUST had one three years ago.

No, I don't think that a ref or linesman would lay down in front of the net to block a shot or take out a breakaway with a hipcheck to protect one of their favourite teams, but I believe that if a goal decision could go one way or another, if a whistle could be blown just a tiny bit faster to keep a puck from getting knocked in on a third stab despite not being completely covered, if an offiside is missed and if a stick to the face is uncalled right before the game tying goal 90 seconds later (while the posterboy player in the league is skating the width of the ice, waving a broken stick), the league's favourite teams will be the benefactor of the favourable calls. And I get it. It doesn't make it right and it destroys the game, but I get it. Anyone who doesn't believe that it can't happen because it's a sport and whatever is incredibly naive. Bettman was known to ensure that if a favourite in the NBA was down 3-2, then game 6 was called highly in the favourite's favour. Sometimes it will not work though -- short of physically taking out a player, a ref can only do so much. No one would have expected the Caps PP to be as bad as it has been. But I ask you this -- what would have happened if Montreal had tripped Ovie on a breakaway in OT TWO GAMES IN A ROW? Think that would have been missed?
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  06:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

Guest,

What does Washington being so good, have to do with Gary Bettman conspiring for a US-based team to win the Stanley Cup?

Bettman did not draft the Caps, does not GM them, does not coach them... I'm just lost at this.

I am an Ottawa Senators fan, who is very disappointed that we were just eliminated from the playoffs. But, I don't view it as Bettmans fault. I don't see it as the Refs fault... I see it as Ottawa blowing a 3-0 lead, and allowing the Pens to play their style of hockey... Capitalizing on mistakes. Driving hard to the net, shoveling in rebounds.

That's how we lost. We were outplayed, by a team I figured would out us in 5-6 or anyways.

I thought the reffing was just fine. The goal that was called back, upset me a bit. The net came off because of the Pens d-man, being over-aggresive, hitting a Sen in to the net. Forcing the net off its bearings.

However, it was the correct call. The net was off, before the puck entered the net. What can you do, it's the rule.

But yeah, I guess the NHL wants a US-based team to win the Cup... again... simply because the US teams are better this year?

Sigh. Everything is a conspiracy.

Irvine/prez.

Thank you!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4235
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  13:25:16  Reply with Quote
GUEST 9521 YOUR LAST COMMENTS HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR WORDS....YES, THE NHL HAS BECOME MORE AND MORE DRIVEN LIKE A BIG DOLLAR BUSINESS AND CAN. TEAMS HAVE TO SUCK IT UP AND CONTINUE TO MISS THE CUP AND MISS OUT ON KEEPING SUPERSTAR AND STAR PLAYERS AT HELPING HAVE A CHANCE AT WINNING THE CUP...SIGH, IT SUCKS BUT YOUR COMMENTS ARE AMONG THE BEST I HAVE HEARD, THANKYOU.
Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  14:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually, it was Colin Campbell who made the call on the non goal so maybe you should check your facts buds. Even if someone else did make the call he is still VP of HOCKEY OPERATIONS.

I can admit maybe i took his Dougie Gilmour comment out of context but he is still a Leafs fan as are you from the sounds of it so ...who you cheering for there champ?

Are you serious about the Colin Campbell comment "Champ"? Mike Murphy is the one that makes the calls do you really think they got a hold of Colin Campbell and had him take a look at this. It's Mike Murphy's call end of story. He doesn't conference with Campbell every time there is a video review. Campbell is Mike Murphy's boss, yes but Mike Murphy runs the war room. Those are what you call "facts". No need to check them it's common knowledge.

Maybe that explains why Hockey Night in Canada had Mike Murphy on the phone after that game and he explained why HE made the call "no goal", and not Colin Campbell. And because I'm a nice guy I'll tell you that I am cheering for Pittsburgh. Does that make a difference to you? I'll tell you why I chose them to. I pulled them out of a hat so if they win, I win the pool.
Go to Top of Page

cunukfan
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  18:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey. Can't remember a time when the officiating has been so terrible. I'm a hockey fan and no matter what series I am watching, I am appauled at the calls being made. It's like all of a sudden Bettman has put the pressure on and the result is the mess that we are seeing. Refs deciding games and not the players. Makes no sense at all. too bad. Really ruins some great hockey.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4235
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  19:06:07  Reply with Quote
CANUCKS WILL WIN THIS SERIES OVER LA.....PERIOD!....and not just because they are the better team on paper, pts. etc, etc.,,,,the league needs a can. team to get into the next round(sorry hab fans) for tv fan base watching the games(oh come on now, dont tell me the rest of you will actually completely enjoy and get excited about another playoffs without anymore can. teams playing for the cup and even having the slightest hope of winning it? be honest now....i sure wont watch a single minute, thats for sure).
If la does pull off the miracle on ice and upset the nucks, it will be only because the refs and linesmen got involved a little too much at the moments in time(rigged) FOR LA $$$$ SUPPORT$$$$ BETTMAN WILL BE SMILING....SO ACTUALLY, IN REALITY, ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT THE WINNER OF THIS SERIES STILL MAKES BETTMAN AND THE LEAGUE HAPPY FINANCIALLY.....i just REALLY HOPE IT'S THE CANUCKS, OR THIS GUY AND MANY OF MY FRIENDS WONT BE WATCHING ANOTHER PLAYOFF PICTURE OF NO CANADIAN TEAMS LEFT TO CHEER FOR...BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
P.S. FUNNY THING HUH, HOW PHOENIX HAPPENED TO COME BACK TO TIE UP THEIR SERIES AND GET MORE $$$$$$ back in their pockets back home for game 7.....hope they beat those stinkin wings, why in heavens name would the league want them back in the cup again, B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO WAY HOSE.
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  00:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4235

Sorry guys, but i dont care what rebutal you use, I still standby with the playoffs and stanley cup winner being rigged! HOWEVER, I WILL STOP THIS BELIEF AND WONT SAY A WORD ANYMORE TO ANYONE IF THE FOLLOWING CURRENT WINNERS HAPPEN:
SENS WIN OVER PITTS.
CANUCKS LOSE TO LA
SANJOSE LOSE TO COLORADO
AND IF WASHINGTON DOESNT MEET PITT. IN CONF. FINAL
the league is looking good right now for possibly getting a can. team in the finals, but i doubt that will happen, even if it does, they will get teams there this year that havent EVER WON and need the cash and fan support, or they can showcase off some of the big superstars....AND AGAIN, NEVER WILL YOU EVER SEE A FOUR GAME SWEEP!....CAN WE "FINALLY" SEE A "CANADIAN TEAM" RAISE LORD STANLEYS CUP, COULD THIS FINALLY BE THE YEAR? i SEVERLY DOUBT IT, THANKYOU BETTMAN AND OTHERS.

I agree with you almost 100%, however i believe the league uses influence via the referees, which is far from complete control. They tried to give the cup to Pittsburgh two years ago, but then Detroit was good enough to beat the Pens and the refs. The refs can give the power plays, but its still up to the teams to score.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9023
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  00:28:39  Reply with Quote
Wow, we are pretty lucky that we get to see each play from 100 different angles in slow motion...

Friggin' refs can't get it right seeing it only once at 50 miles an hour. Boo Hoo.

Everyone is always looking for an excuse as to why their team didn't win or blah blah blah cry cry cry

You want perfection? Take a peak at Megan Fox's [ edit - lewd content ]... there ya go

Edited by - n/a on 04/26/2010 09:41:00
Go to Top of Page

Guest6534
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  10:36:28  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are you serious about the Colin Campbell comment "Champ"? Mike Murphy is the one that makes the calls do you really think they got a hold of Colin Campbell and had him take a look at this. It's Mike Murphy's call end of story. He doesn't conference with Campbell every time there is a video review. Campbell is Mike Murphy's boss, yes but Mike Murphy runs the war room. Those are what you call "facts". No need to check them it's common knowledge.

Maybe that explains why Hockey Night in Canada had Mike Murphy on the phone after that game and he explained why HE made the call "no goal", and not Colin Campbell. And because I'm a nice guy I'll tell you that I am cheering for Pittsburgh. Does that make a difference to you? I'll tell you why I chose them to. I pulled them out of a hat so if they win, I win the pool.

OK Baumer ya had to continue to spout some uneducated, unresearched BS so here it is:

"Colin Campbell, the NHL's Director of Hockey Operations, says he made the final call after a lengthy consult with his Toronto staff."
http://tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=318798

Not sure why Darren Dreger would lie.

So those are not what you call facts, and it is not end of story. [Moderator Edit - Regardless of the witty spell, it's still name calling/ a personal attack]

Edited by - Beans15 on 04/26/2010 10:49:12
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  10:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In regards to the 'kicking motion' rule, I have a suggested solution.

Any goal occuring from a puck defected off ANY part of a skate is rules no goal.

Cut and dry, black and white. Done and Done.

Fair for everyone and easy to administer.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8144
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  10:57:28  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK Baumer ya had to continue to spout some uneducated, unresearched BS so here it is:

"Colin Campbell, the NHL's Director of Hockey Operations, says he made the final call after a lengthy consult with his Toronto staff."
http://tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=318798

Not sure why Darren Dreger would lie.

So those are not what you call facts, and it is not end of story. [Moderator Edit - Regardless of the witty spell, it's still name calling/ a personal attack]

The only [ moderator edit - abusive language ] are the canuck fans who think the whole freaking world is out to screw them out of a stanley cup. You guys rip on leafs fans for not winning a cup since 1967, when was the last time you won a cup? 19-never?

Edited by - n/a on 04/26/2010 11:15:25
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  11:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Continuing to use abusive, profane language (ie: name calling) or contravening any other rules of conduct here will, in fact, get this topic locked up quite quickly. If you want to continue what could be a healthy debate, please try to keep it clean and to the point.

In other words, grow up people!

Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  11:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow guest 6534, I had no issue debating and having a normal conversation but apparently you feel important insulting someone over the internet. Good for you, when you grow up to become a man maybe we can try this again.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6534
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  11:36:28  Reply with Quote
sorry for the language. I was a bit frustrated at baumer's ignorance. (not trying to insult here). The fact he didnt know who made the call, but he claimed i was wrong for stating it was Campbell. Basically if you are going to call somebody out back it up with evidence.

Actually I would like you mods to encourage people to link out to their sources - makes for more interesting discussion.

The fact that Campbell DID make the call, coupled with his flip flopping on calls all season long, I am surprised he still has a job.

peace out.

Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  11:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

sorry for the language. I was a bit frustrated at baumer's ignorance. (not trying to insult here). The fact he didnt know who made the call, but he claimed i was wrong for stating it was Campbell. Basically if you are going to call somebody out back it up with evidence.

Actually I would like you mods to encourage people to link out to their sources - makes for more interesting discussion.

The fact that Campbell DID make the call, coupled with his flip flopping on calls all season long, I am surprised he still has a job.

peace out.

I was going to let this go after the insults but here:

http://communities.canada.com/THEPROVINCE/blogs/whitetowel/archive/2010/04/20/nhl-appears-to-change-its-rules-to-disallow-daniel-sedin-goal.aspx

http://fantasyhockey.com/sedin-comments-on-non-goal/

http://www.canada.com/sports/story.html?id=2926830

I think what Campbell said to Dreger was him defending his employee and trying to take the heat off of Murphy.

Edited by - baumer on 04/26/2010 12:19:29
Go to Top of Page

Guest6534
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  12:30:02  Reply with Quote
Murphy's comments all say 'we', and Campbell said he made the final decision, so I am right. Just admit it. more proof baumer is wrong: lemonparty.org
Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  12:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Murphy's comments all say 'we', and Campbell said he made the final decision, so I am right. Just admit it. more proof baumer is wrong: lemonparty.org

Wow the maturity level is just appalling.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6534
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  13:08:20  Reply with Quote
curiosity got the best of you hey. lols
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  13:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Wow I have to shake my head when I read some of these comments made.

Slozo - you seem to always be complaining about the reffing. I don’t get it. Are you perfect at your job? I’m guessing not, in fact I would say 100% of us are not perfect in anyway shape or form when it comes to our work or life in general. This holds true for the Ref's in the NHL as well.

OK as far for inconsistent goes here is my take on it.

You have two different ref's who are in charge of calling penalties. They may view the game slightly different after all allot of penalties are judgment calls. So in any given game you can have two ref's calling the game in two different mind sets. (im sure the NHL tries to pair up similar style refs and I am sure they talk about what they want to do before they hit the ice but it doesn't always work).

If you want to get rid of this problem we need to go back to one ref. (he will miss more calls but the consistency will be back up). As a player I would prefer consistent calls.

Edited by - tbar on 04/26/2010 13:47:27
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page