Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 patrick stefan misses open net!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  20:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in the dallas and edmonton game with 5 seconds left to go, patrick stefan has a brake away on with a 5-4 lead, soon to be 6-4 but misses the net!!! just after that with 2 seconds left, the oilers get it, and hemsky scores!!!!!!!! no way thats possible.

luckily zubov and jokinen score to win it in the shootout, but stefan shouldnt have missed in the first place!!!

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Edited by - semin-rules on 01/04/2007 20:50:34

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  20:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that was hilarious imagine if they lost in the shootout he would get in so much s***
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  20:56:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If we lost in shootout, Patrick would probobly be benched or something well at least we can always trust zubov and jokinen
(jokinen by the way is 14-18 in shootout stats)

you can always trust them to win in the shootout

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest8888
( )

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  21:56:58  Reply with Quote
Craziest ending I've seen in a while
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  22:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was so awsome. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't really all his fault the puck bounced over his stick, but even still he shoulda had it. Then to have Hemsky score 3 seconds after. Hahaha. It's too bad the Oilers suck in shootouts............& that they game up a 3 goal lead.

Edited by - lyall on 01/04/2007 22:07:27
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  05:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Dallas shootouts:

Anyone else catch Naslund MISSING THE PUCK on the first shot of the Van-Dal shootout the other night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGTYq3hzzy4

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  09:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol yeah i saw naslund miss the puck that was brutal
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  12:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

in the dallas and edmonton game with 5 seconds left

There were actually about 12 seconds left, it would have been imposible to lose the puck, get it all the way down the ice, and score with 2.2 seconds left.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  18:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well Edmonton scored with 1.9 seconds left
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  18:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

Anyone else catch Naslund MISSING THE PUCK on the first shot of the Van-Dal shootout the other night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGTYq3hzzy4

HAHahaha LOL that was hilarious!

But how do you MISS the puck when it's sitting right in front of you?? Lol, even the NHLers screw up every now and then.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/06/2007 18:21:08
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  00:13:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feel bad for the guy.He wasn't being a hot dog.In hind sight he should 've shot earlier, but I've seen others take the puck to an empty net in the same manner.The puck hit a chunk of ice and flipped over his stick just at the wrong time.The Hockey Gods were frownin.

[SORCERER's NOTATION:This is the same spot where Steve Smith did the "UGLY"]
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  09:43:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the replay for the first time last night and WOW!

Quoting color analyst Ray Ferraro: "You should be ashamed of yourself Patrik Stefan"
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  13:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Quoting color analyst Ray Ferraro: "You should be ashamed of yourself Patrik Stefan"

I liked Ray Ferraro as a player, but as a commentator, he's a joke. The only reason he unleashed on Stefan like that was to try to make a name for himself. It took him about 3 seconds to realize that this would be watched hundreds, if not thousands of times over the next few days, and decided to capitalize on it but laying into Stefan, and ex-teammate of his. What a joke. He was even shouting into the microphone to make absolutely certain he was heard.
Everyone saw the puck jump up over his stick, and everyone knows he should have shot it in. But Stefan is a classy player who was not out to embarass the Oilers by rifling it into the net as if it was a Game 7 overtime winner. He showed a lot of class in trying to shuffle it in the net, and not throwing it Edmonton's face. It was a road game, and he just wanted to get it over with as politely as possible. Too bad Ferraro didn't show any of that same class in his verbal attack on a player who simply made a mistake.
Ferraro was trying to get recognized as legitimate NHL commentator, but came across as arrogant loudmouth.

Edited by - ultimatetitman on 01/11/2007 13:19:21
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  13:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ray Ferraro said what many people at home were thinking. Rightly or wrongly. I didn't view it as Stefan trying to show class as much as he was trying to do the opposite. Kinda of in a "no one is near me, I could blow this puck into the net." He nearly cost his team 2 points.

I agree that Ray Ferraro went a way over the top with how emphatic he was talking. But how many other people watching the game at home were thinking just what he said? I know I was.

(PS, the Oilers were doing a fine job on thier own on embarrassing themselves. A little more from Stafan would not have hurt. The boos you heard from the crowd were not towards Stefan, but towards Bergeron giving away the puck at the blue line and giving him a break away on an open net.)
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  13:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we can disagree on what Stefan's intentions were, but if you ever watch him play a game, you'll see that he is all class, and as low key as a hockey player can get. He doesn't go nuts when he scores, and he doesn't do anything to draw attention to himself - well, not intentionally anyways.
At least we can agree that Ferraro went overboard on his comments!
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  23:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

BEANS. You've never seen a player take the puck carefully to the net and just slide it in the way he attempted ??? (before the puck took a "hop" off a piece of ice )And if you have you consider it a" HOT DOG" move ???
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  00:53:05  Reply with Quote
I don't think he was hot dogging at all. It was a none play and most of us in that situation would do something similar. Rarely would you see a guy rifle it, now that is hot dogging. But i bet you see guys lightly snapping it from a few more feet out after witnessing that.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4727
( )

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  06:39:31  Reply with Quote
Just for anyone who didnt see Stefan miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Z9UspUHqg
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  07:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Spear, I have seen it many times. Never seen anyone miss before. And every time I seen it I took it as a showboat move. To me, the classy move is to put it in the back of the net when you have the chance. Not a slap shot, not skating it in, just put it in the back of the net. That shows that the player wants to ice the win. Nothing showboating about that. Stefan is a class player from the games I have watched of him, but that play was idiotic. I really would have laughed if they would have lost the game. It would have been poetic justice.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  23:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one Beans.
As I said in my 1st post, he could have shot earlier,but by holding on ,he wasn't hot dogging and I don't see it as being idiotic as he would've scored on the back hand attempt had the puck not flipped over his stick.
He strips the puck,skates to puck and picks up puck in one big swooping forehand move and as his body is arcing to get sqare to the net,he momentarily has only one hand on stick from the arcing motion and puck gets slightly ahead of him so he does a little backhand touch to his forehand now having 100% control to shoot .Yes he could have shot right there but by this time , he's already at the hash marks and elects to move ahead 2 more feet to softly backhand puck in net.............He could have shot even before hash marks if didn't need to make the little adjustment or he could have released puck immediately just one foot in from blue line while he's arcing and possibly in shock from the gift and by shooting prematurely, could have missed net and THAT would've been idiotic. He was just being sure getting it to the net in the manner that he did and shouldn't be faulted for not having ESP to know that the puck was about to uncharacteristically hop over his stick off a small chunk of ice.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  05:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he had tried to score from tight against the boards and missed, people would say he should have just skated the puck into the empty net...good point!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  21:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all make mistakes...

Ever played hockey....

After all tomorrow is another day...