Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Hockey Day in Canada Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  14:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
How Hardcore of a fan are you? How many hours will you have your butt planted on the couch for this Saturdays Hockey Day in Canada?

Choices:

3 hrs (One Game)
6 hrs (Two Games)
9 hrs (Three Games)
All 13 Hours!

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  14:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were in Canada, ALL 13 HOURS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  14:35:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I didn't have a wedding to go to it would be 13. Damn wife's friends have to go and get married on the best hockey day of the year!!

Edited by - Beans15 on 01/11/2007 14:35:57
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  15:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope I speak for most when I say, 3 games is enough.....The other 4 hours is just cbc travelling to redneck towns......But I do LOVE watching ron Maclean....he is the only thing keeping cbc watchable (well, outside of the hockey games themselves)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  15:19:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dude stop with your "redneck towns". It's all Canada and frankly, the more places that hockey is played within Canada, the better it is for our national program. Before you criticize other hockey towns in Canada, eliminate the drug problem in Vancouver.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  15:23:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ain't nothin wrong with being a redneck. Nothin at all!
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  17:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll watch 2 at least. 3 if my girlfriend doesn't say "I'm bored, let's go do something." ya sure, how about getting me a beer from the fridge! d'oh!!!sorry, was that too "redneck"
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  18:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great! My only other Flames supporter on this site is a redneck! Just kidding Blade. Make it 2 beers!
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  21:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I know is my Canucks will destroy the stinkin leafs.

Booya

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest7632
( )

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  21:57:24  Reply with Quote

[/quote] r u canadian or r u a yankee u not a true fan how can u hate crosby
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  22:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you know, I'm actually gonna flip this argument once and for all and say, all you crosby lovers AREN'T canadian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  00:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

3 hrs. only .........per prior unavoidable engagements.Otherwise it would be 6 hrs. having NO distractions (except for putting in alot of effort making certain that she's openning beers for the guys in a timely fashion).....with the final 3 hrs. being only marginally attentive while playing Texas Hold Up.
You're correct Harper.Nucks should hammer Leafs as Van is HOT , as of late , and Leafs are banged up (7 regulars out ).....................So , my call..........Leafs win." ALL IN ".
Go to Top of Page

Dexter
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  06:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all, first post here and thought Id chime in on a few things here. First off I LOVE Hockey Day in Canada. Its not all about plopping down in front of the tube. In our neighbourhood (weather permitting) we have a TV outside with the games on, play road hockey and have a BBQ (sort of like a day long tailgate party. Its an awsome event! We get all the kids in the neigbourhood involved as personally I dont see enough kids out playing road hockey these days. Its a great day and fast becoming an unoffical national holiday. Have fun and enjoy all

Dont be hatin'
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  09:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll watch 9 hours with my friends and go play road hockey inbetween periods.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2284
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  10:34:00  Reply with Quote
okay this is for "i hate crosby"
how can you call yourself a canadian hockey fan when you call parts of Canada redneck towns, and call ppl who like crosby not Canadian, sure he has some dumb commercials, but he is a true Canadian kid, playing hockey all his life and living up to his dreams. You also seem to make stupid comments every day, 90% of which make completely no sense at all, how can you call yourself a true hockey fan with all the bullcrap you say every day. But calling small Canadian towns redneck, that is as low as you can possibly go, and I think I speak for most people when I say that everybody has had enough of your stupid, retarded comments, its just giving everybody a headache thinking that someone can call themself a Canadian Hockey fan when they say stuff like you do.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2284
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  10:39:10  Reply with Quote
as for me, im with kariyaselanne
im going to play road hockey until 11, watch all the hockey day in canada stuff, and then read some hockey books until i go to sleep
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  10:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Dexter, welcome to the site. Your day sounds perfect!!! Where do you live? Because I'm moving there!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  10:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey 2284, tone down on the personal attacks.

I'm moving there too.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0084
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  12:41:58  Reply with Quote
Hey leigh thanks for the welcome. come on down, the more the merrier and its a blast. Im guessing though you aren't too close to the Toronto area though are you? Or are you a transplanted Flames fan? I live in a town north of the big city called Stouffville. This will be the third year we've done this and I cant wait til tomorrow! 15 mins of work left then going to do the big shop for the big day! Have fun tomorrow everyone. OH THE GOOD OLD HOCKEY GAME, ITS THE BEST GAME YOU CAN NAME!!!! Yee Haw!
Go to Top of Page

Dexter
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  12:43:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Opps see, I am new, that was me posting above...lol forgot to log in first. D'oh

Dont be hatin'
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  12:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dang...all you Canadians will be having so much fun tomorrow while I'm stuck here in Maryland while the Ravens play the Colts

Oh well, if I get enough friends together I suppose we could play some road hockey...and plus there's the Sabres game at 7 pm
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  15:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2284

okay this is for "i hate crosby"
how can you call yourself a canadian hockey fan when you call parts of Canada redneck towns, and call ppl who like crosby not Canadian, sure he has some dumb commercials, but he is a true Canadian kid, playing hockey all his life and living up to his dreams. You also seem to make stupid comments every day, 90% of which make completely no sense at all, how can you call yourself a true hockey fan with all the bullcrap you say every day. But calling small Canadian towns redneck, that is as low as you can possibly go, and I think I speak for most people when I say that everybody has had enough of your stupid, retarded comments, its just giving everybody a headache thinking that someone can call themself a Canadian Hockey fan when they say stuff like you do.

But yet, I HATE CROSBY has the balls to create an account and put a name with his opinion and you my friend hide behind an anonymous post. Take 5 minutes and create an account, you seem to have a lot to say.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  15:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dex, that BBQ sounds great. You should go pick an avatar for your profile.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest1435
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  22:17:19  Reply with Quote
Flames RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest1435
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  22:20:08  Reply with Quote
the oilers can go ahead and suck i hate crosbys balls
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  07:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well today's the big day! Have fun everyone!
Go to Top of Page

canada19
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  11:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all right, thats fair enough pucker,
but i have an account now, im not 2284 any more
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  11:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome to the forums Canada19
Go to Top of Page

Guest7180
( )

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  13:44:20  Reply with Quote
Campbell River, B.C.

Sad to see the Leafs play so poorly in such an important and highly pubicized game. What did you expect from a team of "veterans" feeling the pressure while playing under the magnifying glass on Hockey Day in Canada?
As for the Canucks, "Well Done Laddies!" "Well Done!"

Sincerely,

Phoenix Starter
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  14:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They haven't played yet...
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  15:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he's prognosticating babs! LOL!!

Hey all you Canadians & Mik!. Have a great day! That Habs/Sens game was a blow out! I'm heading out for the afternoon and tuning back in to watch the Flames crush the Oil!

I get all fuzzy inside on Hockey Day in Canada!
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  16:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What an AMAZING world we live in .......The PYRAMIDS , The WALL OF CHINA , QUANTUM PHYSICS and JESSICA SIMPSON acting .........Now this !!!! The LEAFS with SEVEN (Thats one third of a roster ) regulars out of their line up , dig down deep in overcoming their adversity,to come up with a victory over the favoured surging Canucks (Only ONE loss in past 8 ).....AMAZING ...It's a testament of this HOCKEY DAY IN CANADA where winning comes from TEAM WORK , not from more talent on the ice .

Yours Truely ,

The GLOWING MALE .
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  16:28:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quantum physics...cool stuff

I notice the forum was pretty much silent today, the Canadians weren't posting till later after the games were over, lol
Go to Top of Page

Guest0999
( )

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  16:28:55  Reply with Quote
yeah. HDIC is what it's all about. It's about watching ALL the canadian teams. Exception is for watching Crosby attempt to play hockey. lol.

oh wait, he's from canada. forgot about that for a second. doesn't act like one
Go to Top of Page

Guest1450
( )

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  18:48:23  Reply with Quote
Huet played the worst game ive ever seen him play today. He was pitiful
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  23:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They probably should have thought a bit harder about which saturday to put HDIC..........I watched the first game, but then I realized, it's the best weekend in the NFL! HDIC is good...But it's the regular season. I think I speak for a lot of when I say, a win or go home nfl game is probably more entertaining then the 15th battle of alberta in as many weeks.

HDIC=Hockey day in canada

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  08:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

They probably should have thought a bit harder about which saturday to put HDIC..........I watched the first game, but then I realized, it's the best weekend in the NFL!

Yes but Canadians care more about hockey and they aren't gonna miss HDIC for the NFL. The Ravens and the Colts were playing (they're huge rivals...long story) and everyone around here's been going crazy about the game, cuz the Ravens are our local NFL team. The Ravens lost, so they're probably gonna go even more crazy. I could care less though, the Sabres were on at 7 last night!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  15:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmm, I wonder about that!!!!! I'm sure a lot of canadians like football too!!!!!!!! The point is, it's not regular season football, It's the 3rd last week!!!!!....And The NFL games yesturday were way better than the HDIC ones (what, was the average score in the hockey games like, 8-3 or something like that...that's not too entertaining) (ps sabers are ok...Great coach!!!!!)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  16:11:34  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmmmm, I wonder about that!!!!! I'm sure a lot of canadians like football too!!!!!!!! The point is, it's not regular season football, It's the 3rd last week!!!!!....And The NFL games yesturday were way better than the HDIC ones (what, was the average score in the hockey games like, 8-3 or something like that...that's not too entertaining) (ps sabers are ok...Great coach!!!!!)

I HATE CROSBY

your credibility gets shot down more with every post you make.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  17:34:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmmmm, I wonder about that!!!!! I'm sure a lot of canadians like football too!!!!!!!!

I'm sure they do, but I'm also sure they like hockey more
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page