Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2006 in Review Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmsmorris
Top Prospect

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  12:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
What was the biggest story of 2006?

Choices:

Sweden wins Olympic gold
Canada loses to Russia in quarter-finals of Olympics
Hurricanes win Cup
Edmontons playoff run
The Pronger Trade
Rookie Class of 05-06
Vote For Rory
Other

Edited by - jmsmorris on 01/15/2007 09:59:21

Tiger
Top Prospect

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  13:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if i'd call it "best" or "biggest". But I did like the 05-06 crop of rookies. A double batch can't be a bad thing. I was also happy to see the swedes win. Good ol mats.

by the way jmsmorris another leafs fan is always welcome here! I could use a bit more support.

Edited by - Tiger on 01/14/2007 13:42:05
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  13:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said the Hurricanes winning the Cup. Second might be Canada losing to Russia, although the Canadian team wasn't so great in Turin (7th place, I think), so it's no big wonder the Russians beat them. The Swiss beating Canada, however, THAT was a surprise.

I hope no one says Sweden wins Olympic gold (Tiger, you disappoint me! JK ). The Swedes beat their rival and my favorite team, Finland! Grrrr

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/18/2007 13:34:12
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  14:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year's rookie class had skill that we may never see again in a rookie class to come. Sure it was a combo of two years, but that aside, some of those rookies are already dominating the league.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  01:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If there was an I HATE OILERS club (an Official one ) I may possibly be It's Adoring leader . I would thus submit an absolving gesture to each CLUB MEMBER ,that ridicule and Vile ,would not be imposed , as you suck it up and "Spit Out" the vomit-inducing TRUTH that the Oilers Playoff run was (god of PUCKS please forgive me).................TOPS
Go to Top of Page

Guest8165
( )

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  17:36:51  Reply with Quote
Spearbelly, you sicken me! The Oilers are the best team, and they deserved to win the cup. The only reason they dident is because Rolly got hurt! If he could have played the rest of the finals, Oilers would have went 4-0! and I dont care if other people dont agree with me because I KNOW I AM RIGHT!

Also, I thinkt he biggest suprise was the Chris Pronger trade. No one had a idea in the world that Pronger needed out. By the way it was because he got some girl pregnant. (TRUE STORY!) but anyways peace!
Go to Top of Page

Crosby Rules
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  19:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure the pronger trade was a surprise but the vote for rory was definately the biggest story of 06. (And Don Cherry helped it by calling rory a jerk)
Go to Top of Page

branden
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  08:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the biggest story was the Swedish women's team making into the Gold Medal game by beating the US in the semi's at the Olympics in 2006.
Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  10:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by branden

I think the biggest story was the Swedish women's team making into the Gold Medal game by beating the US in the semi's at the Olympics in 2006.

That was quite an upset and definitely the story of the year for Womens Hockey.

Did Cherry Seriously call Rory a jerk? What a goof. He is getting worse and worse every week.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2284
( )

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  11:18:38  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

I said the Hurricanes winning the Cup. Second might be Canada losing to Russa, although the Canadian team wasn't so great in Turin (7th place, I think), so it's no big wonder the Russians beat them. The Swiss beating Canada, however, THAT was a surprise.

I hope no one says Sweden wins Olympic gold (Tiger, you disappoint me! JK ). The Swedes beat their rival and my favorite team, Finland! Grrrr

wow buddy u like the fins my favourite player is teemu selanne but my team is cannad a likea real hockey team u commy posted by Trod
Go to Top of Page

Guest2284
( )

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  11:19:11  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by branden

XXXX ADMIN EDIT XXXXXXX i cant belive you think that was the biggest story of 06/07 it wasent that poasted by d dog

---------ADMIN POST-----------
Guest 2284 2 things: 1) no personal bashes on other members and 2) if you do not have anything valuable to add to this community please refrain from posting. If this behavior continues we will shut you down.
------------------------------------
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  12:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spearbelly

If there was an I HATE OILERS club (an Official one ) I may possibly be It's Adoring leader . I would thus submit an absolving gesture to each CLUB MEMBER ,that ridicule and Vile ,would not be imposed , as you suck it up and "Spit Out" the vomit-inducing TRUTH that the Oilers Playoff run was (god of PUCKS please forgive me).................TOPS

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know what it means but it made me piss my pants!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  13:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2284

wow buddy u like the fins my favourite player is teemu selanne but my team is cannad a likea real hockey team u commy posted by Trod

If Canada's so great how come they came in 7th in the Olympics? Just because you like hockey doesn't mean Canada has to be your favorite team. And work on your grammar and spelling will you? Did you just call me a commie? Cuz I'll have you know that communists are among the most evil people on the planet and I sure as crap am not one.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/18/2007 13:36:48
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  01:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8165

Spearbelly, you sicken me! The Oilers are the best team, and they deserved to win the cup. The only reason they dident is because Rolly got hurt! If he could have played the rest of the finals, Oilers would have went 4-0! and I dont care if other people dont agree with me because I KNOW I AM RIGHT!

Also, I thinkt he biggest suprise was the Chris Pronger trade. No one had a idea in the world that Pronger needed out. By the way it was because he got some girl pregnant. (TRUE STORY!) but anyways peace!

Why would I sicken you chap........you should be agreeing...to paraphrase.......I simply said that even though I dislike the Oilers, I feel they were the biggest story of 2006 and that other persons who also dislike the Oilers , should "suck it up" and admit this to be true.
RE: Pronger ..........see MORE PRONGER RUMOURS in the TRADES and RUMOURS thread.
Now go and take on the day.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page