Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Do you hate the Maple Leafs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Guest4269
( )

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  11:06:31  Reply with Quote
hate the leafs???why???feel sorry for them? sure but hate them? I don`t get it.
Go to Top of Page

fanoleaf
Rookie

143 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  11:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All you leaf haters are just envious.

There is no other team in the NHL with the fan base as the buds. What other team in the legue can go into any opposing teams rink and have as many fans cheering for them as the home team has?

It makes me laugh when I hear you leaf haters gripe about the media exposure the buds get. If you don't like watching the leafs game, order NHL Centre Ice and don't be so dammmmm cheap!!!

Even funnier is when leaf haters complain about a game that was shown only on Leafs TV, and they speak about events during the game that would not be picked up on the sports recap shows. So when you hate the leafs so much why would order Leafs TV? or even watch the game?

Closet Leaf fans I would suggest.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  13:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was gonna write a speal about how I didn't get why the Leafs were so hated... then I read what fanoleaf put bahaha. I get it!

Seriously though, who isn't a little obnoxious about their team? Now group of fans can claim innocence in this respect. Leafs fans are among the most passionate in pro sports, despite the fact that their team has not delivered the Cup in over 40 years. The average fan would have been on another bandwagon so fast it would make your head spin, but Leafs fans are loyal. They will stick with their boys through yet another rebuilding phase with the hopes of climbing out the other end with a chance at cup #14.

Aside from the fans, the on ice product has had its fair share of pretty detestable characters. Darcy Tucker anyone? SO glad when they got rid of him he was useless (unless benefitting from Kaberle and Sundin on the powerplay). This year Hollweg should be jeered if not for his hits from behind, then for that god-awful moustache.

Other than that, the Leafs have a fairly young, hard-working and at times exciting team. I don't see much to hate here. Maybe in 5 years or so when they finally get it together and they are lighting your teams up bahaha!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9109
( )

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  14:02:01  Reply with Quote
They effin rock man... For all you leaf haters that are fans of other teams, no one cares enough about those teams to ask the question " Do you hate the ...." Again proving that yes they are in fact the center of the hockey universe. hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahaahahahhahahaahahahahh

Yeah, we're obnoxious but all good fans are.........
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  14:05:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No* group of fans...

Oh, yeah one other point, I guess Sens fans have every right to loath the Leafs for all those times they beat them in the playoffs despite having a vastly superior team. I think my fondest memories as a hockey fan were those series, especially the one in which half the team was wiped out with injuries and the Sens STILL couldn't capitalize.

And now their window at glory is almost closed. If I wasn't a Leafs fan, I would feel a bit sorry for them...
Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  14:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think everyone hates the Leafs because no other team could have won so many Stanley cups and not win one for what like 50 years now haha. Also there fans put poor arguments based on information in the last century, but when you actually find a true Leaf fan they will admit how much there team has sucked and will admit all the negative instead of the positives. But thats only once in a lifetime fan you will meet, the other million are bandwagon and could not tell a ovechkin to a daigle. Also for all the chirps towards always knocking out Sens when did they expand again compared to the Leafs making it to the Stanley cup finals is pretty good when you just started in 92 with 30 teams in the league.

Go Oilers Go
Go to Top of Page

fanoleaf
Rookie

143 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  16:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dangle, two things.

The Leafs have cups. The Sens have not won sqwat, and it does not look promising for them any time soon.

The last time the Oils won was in 89/90, that is getting up there as well.

So I do not think you really have much to say.

Go Leafs GO!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  17:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fanoleaf

Dangle, two things.

The Leafs have cups. The Sens have not won sqwat, and it does not look promising for them any time soon.

Go Leafs GO!!!!!

Unfortunately, kind of a typical arguement.

The Oilers may have no won a Cup since 89/90, but the Oilers have the most Cups and the most Finals appearances in their 30 years existance than any other team in the league. In that time, the Leafs have 0 Cups and 0 finals appearances. Come to think of it, the Leafs haven't made a Stanley Cup final since the first league expansion in 67. Above that, the Leafs have only made the Conference finals 4 times in the past 40 years!

You are right, an Oiler fan might not have MUCH to say, but a Leafs Fan has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  10:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Leafs have a rich history and have had about 65 hall of famers play for them. We are an original six team, the maple leaf gardens is a hockey shrine, we have won 13 stanley cups and we have some of the most loyal and die hard hockey fans in the world. It is not the fans fault that we were cursed with Harold Ballard and JFJ. I beleive the hatred towards the leafs is a combination of 2 things. Jealousy, the leafs get 100x more press than any other team and they want to see their team on the sports shows first, but its always the blue and white, and the fact that our fans are so die hard despite the fact that they have pretty much sucked balls for 40 years give or take a couple good seasons.

I also couldn't disagree more with the notion that they only care about money. There is a big difference between not wanting to win and not knowing how. More winning means more money, duh.

Also, for everyone who complains that there are too many "suits" at the ACC all I have to say is, so what? are they supposed to go dressed in track pants and a flannel shhirt? Going to a Leaf game in toronto is a special event and people like to look good when they go out on the town. Just because you have a nice jacket on does not mean you arent a hockey fan. I dress good when I go to a game and i freakin love hockey. All these assumptions have been blown way out of proportion over the years and thats why people hate the leafs...... In my opinion.

Maybe domi and tucker have something to do with it....

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  13:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:

Dangle, two things.

Go Leafs GO!!!!!

Unfortunately, kind of a typical arguement.

The Oilers may have no won a Cup since 89/90, but the Oilers have the most Cups and the most Finals appearances in their 30 years existance than any other team in the league. In that time, the Leafs have 0 Cups and 0 finals appearances. Come to think of it, the Leafs haven't made a Stanley Cup final since the first league expansion in 67. Above that, the Leafs have only made the Conference finals 4 times in the past 40 years!

You are right, an Oiler fan might not have MUCH to say, but a Leafs Fan has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say.

Beans I have lots to say just not right this minute
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  19:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many people say they don't like the Leafs due to the press they get being in a large market media center, but I think it may be that an even bigger reason is one they don't mention: the franchise has the highest price tag in the NHL. This is much like many NFL fans hating the Dallas Cowboys.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  09:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

There is no other team in the NHL with the fan base as the buds. What other team in the legue can go into any opposing teams rink and have as many fans cheering for them as the home team has?

It makes me laugh when I hear you leaf haters gripe about the media exposure the buds get. If you don't like watching the leafs game, order NHL Centre Ice and don't be so dammmmm cheap!!!

Even funnier is when leaf haters complain about a game that was shown only on Leafs TV, and they speak about events during the game that would not be picked up on the sports recap shows. So when you hate the leafs so much why would order Leafs TV? or even watch the game?

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry buddy, but you are wrong. Its the Habs who constantly lead in attendance, and they actually have just as many fans cheering for them in opposition rinks as the leafs do.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  10:32:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Odin

quote:

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry buddy, but you are wrong. Its the Habs who constantly lead in attendance, and they actually have just as many fans cheering for them in opposition rinks as the leafs do.

No they dont, not league wide.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4037
( )

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  13:58:10  Reply with Quote
I hate the leafs because i am a habs fan and i just hate the leafs. Plus they suck pretty bad

Go Habs
Go to Top of Page

Guest0789
( )

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  10:12:39  Reply with Quote
Yes Yes Yes
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  12:07:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
leafs....

Loser
Even
After
Forty
Seasons

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  15:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not to mention the Sens!!! how low can you go? The Sens tried to stop Leafs fans from wearing Leafs Jersey's to the Ottawa games because even in the city of Ottawa there are more Leafs fans than sens fans... trying to put a ban on Leafs Jerseys and hat is bulls***. I have news for you Ottawa there are way too many Leafs fans out there you'll never stop us from wearing our favorite teams logo. You are out numbered Ottawa even in Ottawa
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  15:52:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah and almost half of the fans in Montreal are routing for the other team especially when Toronto is there at least half of the fans if not more are routing for the Leafs
Go to Top of Page

Guest0940
( )

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  05:08:15  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DangleFest89

I think everyone hates the Leafs because no other team could have won so many Stanley cups and not win one for what like 50 years now haha. Also there fans put poor arguments based on information in the last century, but when you actually find a true Leaf fan they will admit how much there team has sucked and will admit all the negative instead of the positives. But thats only once in a lifetime fan you will meet, the other million are bandwagon and could not tell a ovechkin to a daigle. Also for all the chirps towards always knocking out Sens when did they expand again compared to the Leafs making it to the Stanley cup finals is pretty good when you just started in 92 with 30 teams in the league.

Go Oilers Go

first of all, it wasnt the leafs fault they started to suck, it was JFJ who came in and tred to change their entire team.

also, idk why everybody razzes the leafs because they havent won a cup in like 42 years. Chicago, hasnt won a cup LONGER than the leafs, and yet no one talks about them.
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  08:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DangleFest89

Go Oilers Go

You should note that the Senators franchise hasn't won a cup in almost 100 years. They stopped playing because no one cared for them. So technically, the Sens and Hawks have the longest cup droughts :D

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  10:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny how this was started by a Canucks fan of a Canucks team that has NEVER won a cup. I also find it ironic that so many people hate the Leafs but still take the time to talk about them. Just keep making Leafs Nation stronger...thank you. Go Leafs...The Passion That Unites Us All!!

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  11:34:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gusteroni

Funny how this was started by a Canucks fan of a Canucks team that has NEVER won a cup. I also find it ironic that so many people hate the Leafs but still take the time to talk about them. Just keep making Leafs Nation stronger...thank you. Go Leafs...The Passion That Unites Us All!!

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."

Prime example of "Leafs Nation"....Red Deer, Alberta :D Well said gus lol

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

nikchenko
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  14:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The leafs are a team where since the expansion of 1967, they have not proved to be the best. Winning Stanley cups with the original 6 is tough but the Leafs have yet to prove their worth since 1967.

A couple of conference finals followed by some amazing superstars has not been enough to get them to the final since 1967. When compared to other Canadian teams such as Montreal, they havent proven themselves post 1967. The Habs average One in every 4 years a Stanley cup, and that is very impressive.

I still hate the Habs because I do not like their disrespect to the Toronto Maple Leafs. I've heard stories where in Montreal, they would chant Sundin is a cocksucker. In Toronto, we would chant go leafs go. I mean, who can argue team passion but i wouldnt agree with team disrespect.

Fun fact though...the leafs and habs have faced each other in a stanley cup finals 5 times. 3 out of the 5 times the leafs won. :P

Just thought i throw that in there .... muhahaha

Nik
Go to Top of Page

Guest8165
( )

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  15:21:00  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by canada19

the leafs are a great canadian storied franchise
again, its bcause of the toronto media that i think a lot of ppl hate them, but it shouldnt be that way, they're a great franchise with a great history

you mean the great history of keeping Vancouver out of the league for years so they didn't have to split the TV royalties, yer damn right I hate em, the media are only scum sucking parasites.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0925
( )

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  17:44:54  Reply with Quote
As a Leaf fan I got to say I think the hate comes from everything around the team but not the team itself. If the Leafs were competetive and kicked your team's a$$ all the time I could see hating the Leafs, but they're not right now, so I'd say unless you have a long memory actual team hate probably is pretty non-existent. Ottawa fans probably have the most recent reason to hate the leafs with all those playoff wins from the pre-strike era.

As for what people hate it's the news media for the over-exposure to Toronto related news, the CBC/TSN etc for making Leaf games a priority (sorry but it's the numbers, Toronto just has a bigger audience), it's the fans who for some reason say stuff like other fans are just jealous (they're not jealous, they're annoyed, why would they be jealous, we're closing in on half a decade here - c'mon). It's Burke, he's a hate-able guy, what can I say.

Am I right? Or can people start naming players on the Leafs they really hate, and why... Hell most of our players haven't been here longer than a year or two, so there's not much history to hate on, and the guys who have been here for a while are pretty vanilla - Stajan, Ponikairovsky, Kaberle...
Go to Top of Page

Guest7101
( )

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  18:09:57  Reply with Quote
I am tired of hearing that the maple leafs have a glorious history.

The last time the leafs wont the cup there were 6 teams in the NHL, any team around back then would have won countless cups.
http://shrpsports.com/nhl/stand/1967.htm

They have never won three playoff series in the same year, something most nhl teams, including Ottawa, have done.

And for any leafs fan thinking the team out there who still think the team is 'all that':
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  18:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another sensible Leaf fan!! Nice.

You hit the nail on the head for me as far as the reasons I hate the Leafs. Media, management, etc. However, you also missed the illogical Leaf fans that talk about how storied and historic the team is when there are few people that have any recollection of the last Cup some 40ish years ago. Not too many 60+ year old fans who are posting on Pickuphockey. The talk about the HOF players when the last Leaf to hit the Hall is ????? And I mean not a guy who played for the Leafs for a while, an actual Leaf of more than say 5 years???

That's another reason to dislike the Leafs. Illogical fans

(Before you jump on me about it, there are illogical fans for every team. But, as the Leafs more than likely have more fans than any other team it's simple math that says the Leafs also have the most illogical fans as well. Don't hate me, hate math)
Go to Top of Page

Guest0925
( )

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  18:32:14  Reply with Quote
Thanks Beans. I thought I covered the illogical fans, but I probably glossed over it a bit, being a wee bit bespeckled by blue myself, but I don't kid myself. I was a bit more than a decade late to see the leafs lift Stanley so I don't rest on old glories. I just want to see a team iced that's worthy of being hated for good reasons, when hate is mingled with respect.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  07:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont understand why people hate the fact that leaf fans are proud of the team history, regardless of how dated it is.

Beleive me when I say this, WE KNOW that they havent been very good for 43 years. Aside from a couple years here and there, they havent been a beacon of excellence. We just love the team and aren't afraid to show it. When you have roots that go this deep, generation upon generation of fans sticking by the blue and white hoping for that day of reckoning are going to be all over the place.

The media has capitalized on this obsession and have rammed it down everyones throat. Pissing off the many who are quick to point out the obvious flaws the organization has had over the past 43 years. I get that.

As for the people who point out that "The last time the leafs won the cup there were 6 teams in the NHL, any team around back then would have won countless cups." all I have to say is, why didnt the other 4 teams win more than?

Montreal and Toronto dominated the original six era, chicago only has 3 cups, Boston only won 3 cups during the original 6, and then won 2 more just after it ended. The NYR went 54 years without a cup.... the leafs are only at 43. Chicago hasnt won since 61.

Buffalo, Vancouver, Ottawa, Washington, LA are just a couple teams that have been around a long time now and have never won the big prize. They all have passionate and 'illogical' fans as well yet rip on leaf fans for remembering the 'good ol days'. At least we have good ol days. Sens and Nucks fans cling to their cup final appearance as though they actually won something, therfore making them more succesful than toronto.

Gilmour and Sundin are two recent leafs who i beleive will get into the hall of fame soon, Belfour probably will as well.

What im trying to get at here is I can understand hating toronto because of the media, the over exposure, the management, heck even some of the players but I dont understand the hate on for our history... or the fans for respecting and aknowledging the history of the club. Even if it is dated.

The illogical stuff that is being referred to im going to assume are comments like "Toskala is the worst goalie Evar! Send him to the marlies!" I understand that, but like beans mentioned, every team has fans like that, i just think more leaf fans tend to troll message boards and forums because of the wild obsession with the team.

Edited by - Matt_Roberts85 on 10/06/2009 07:45:47
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  10:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt, you bring up many good points but i think what most other fans hate about the history thing is this: Most of the time when any debate comes up and a Leaf fan gets his/her back up against the wall, they throw the "history card". When all else fails, remind them the Leafs have won cups in the past is the attitude many (not all) Leaf fans take. For example, if you and i started debating/arguing about our teams and you got frustrated and said "yeah, well the Leafs have won the cup many times!", i'd puke. Let's face it, they have a great history, yes, but since my team came around, and that's what i'd be comparing, they haven't exactly done a whole lot. Factor in your age and i would shake my head and try to figure out why you'd bring up a past that you weren't even close to being around for! Don't get me wrong, i don't personally hate Leaf fans for cheering for their team, in fact, i praise Leaf fans like yourself who stick by them for years of futility and don't bandwagon jump to a more successful club. But, i do feel that when you consider most non Leaf fans (Leaf bashers) already hate the media coverage, the overexposure, the "center of the universe" reference, etc, THEN you add fuel to the fire by playing the "history card", it puts some people over the top!

Just my opinion here really, and i do agree all teams have their good fans, bad fans, quirky fans, etc....
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  11:11:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's my thing with the "history" of the Leafs.

Let's name off the greatest teams of all time.

50's Habs
60's Habs
70's Habs
Early 70's Bruins
Mid 70's Flyers
Early 80's Islanders
Mid to Late 80's Oilers
Early 90's Penguins
Mid 90's Wings/Stars/Avalanche/Devils
00's Wings

Where are the Leafs?? If you don't know, it was the 40's. They won 6 out of 10 Cups between 41/42 and 50/51. Then again in 61/62 through 66/67 there were 4 Cups in 6 years. Both very respectable times and they belong on the list of Dynasty Teams.

However, we are talking about a team that has won 10 Cups in 25 years (13 Cups in 40 years)in the Original 6 era and literally NOTHING since then.

The Leafs don't have a great history, they have a long history. Very different things. And more than any other team in the league, The Leafs rest on the "Storied History" that has not had any additions in 40 years!

Now, before I get attacked, I give 100% full credit to the Leafs organization along with the other original 6 teams in that they paved the way for hockey. They were the pioneers and deserve praise for that.

Just don't tell me you are a fan of the Leafs because of their 'storied history'. Tell me you are from TO, tell my they were your Dad's team. Tell me you Dad liked the Habs so you had to like the Leafs. Anything. Just don't tell me you are Fan of the "Storied History" Leafs when there is a good chance that you Dad can't remember the Leafs winning their last Cup.

Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  11:18:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HATE I HATE THE MAPLE LEAFS SO MUCH.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  12:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question "What other team in the legue can go into any opposing teams rink and have as many fans cheering for them as the home team has?"

Answer: The Habs
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  12:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

quote:

quote:

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No they dont, not league wide.

Actually, yes they do. I have heard other PLAYERS bitching about it.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  12:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

not to mention the Sens!!! how low can you go? The Sens tried to stop Leafs fans from wearing Leafs Jersey's to the Ottawa games because even in the city of Ottawa there are more Leafs fans than sens fans... trying to put a ban on Leafs Jerseys and hat is bulls***. I have news for you Ottawa there are way too many Leafs fans out there you'll never stop us from wearing our favorite teams logo. You are out numbered Ottawa even in Ottawa

OK, Hanley, thats not what actually occured. And they did this with habs jersey's as well. It was an exchange. The Sens offered to exchange Leafs and Habs paraphenlia that was turned in for Sens garb. It wasn't too successful.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  12:29:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

quote:

quote:

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah and almost half of the fans in Montreal are routing for the other team especially when Toronto is there at least half of the fans if not more are routing for the Leafs

Ok, first of all, the term is 'rooting.' Second of all, the EXACT same thing happens when the Habs visit ACC. But your numbers are waaay out. Never have over half the fans cheered for the Leafs in Montreal. They make noise, just like the Habs fans do at the ACC. Get over your homerism will you?
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  12:55:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok for me this is weird. Growing up on the east cost (New Brunswick) the Leafs are not a team people talk about. The Habs are, and it bugs the hell out of me. You watch RDS waiting to see the score around the league and they take like 15 minutes out of a 30 minutes program to talk about their CH while they were in practise the day before. And they show the score of the other 10 games in like 5 minutes. Also, most of the french community and also english are Habs fans and thats all you hear all the time. Sometimes we'll have like 3 channels showing the Habs and none showing any other team on TV, because we're in the 'Habs region'. So I've grown at quite an early age to hate them. Not long after I started cheering for the Leafs (92\93) Nobody in my family watch hockey and nobody cared, so I'm not a fan of the Leafs because my father was, or because I grew up in Leafs land, I'm a fan because I didn't want to watch the Canadiens play so the only other option was Toronto on CBC.

So I understand people to hate the Leafs if the media covers them too much or the fans is just taking over their region. Because I'm feeling the same way here towards the Canadiens.

I went to watch the season opener at my cousins place and their was around 10 habs fans and I was the only Leafs fan. And it's like that everywhere I go. I'm sure there's around 15 Habs fans for one Leafs fan here in NB.

And if you look at recent success of the Leafs (since I watch them - 93) they didn't do too bad with 4 appearences to the conference finals. and many franchise players, Potvin, Gilmour, Clark, Andreychuk, Domi, Sundin, Cujo, Kaberle. I could add Mogilny and Belfour. It's just the post lockout that's been really awefull for our team.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4728
( )

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  14:46:47  Reply with Quote
Why does every leaf fan think its jealousy? I hate the leafs - and not because I'm jealous of their stanley cups back in '67 - their cup drought is longer than the nucks....

I hate the arrogance of Leaf fans. I hate the arrogance of the leafs... I hate how CBC plays Toronto @ Vancouver games at 4:00PM (7:00EST) because more leaf people can watch. Toronto is catered to by the NHL.

End of the day, I want Toronto to fall off the map - we shoulda told USA to keep it in the 1800's. Toronto is so stuck on itself it's beyond annoying.

I HATE THE TORONTO MAPLE LAUGHS!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  16:20:13  Reply with Quote
The whole 4pm start is rediculous, they did it last year for the leafs too when they were in Vancouver, i guess they wanna make sure everyone out east gets to see them lose another game.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  16:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

The whole 4pm start is rediculous, they did it last year for the leafs too when they were in Vancouver, i guess they wanna make sure everyone out east gets to see them lose another game.

Lets go Leafs!!! There first win will be against Vancouver, I hope!!!

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page