Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Blake-Crosby Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  08:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did Crosby dive after Blake "speared" him, or was it legit?? I think he should have punched him in the face when he had a chance, instead of whining after the penalty. You're not playin Timbits hockey anymore kid

Edited by - ryschevy1 on 01/17/2007 09:09:31

Guest4139
( )

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  08:47:47  Reply with Quote
Since when is being speared the same as taking a couple lumps?
Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  09:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didnt see it - had a late hockey game last night.

Can you post a link to it?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  10:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it was a legitimate spear. Not sure how many other guys out there could take a shot like that without flinching at least. I think Crosby getting in his face after was a joke. One thing about Sid the Kid is his physically intimidates no one. He should have skated away and let a "protector" do what they get paid to do. When Crosby does crap like that is when he looks like a fool and give IHC credibility to his comments. Although, I still believe it was a pretty decent spear.
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  10:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't been able to find a link to yet. Anyway did anyone see him whining to the ESPN guy earlier on in the game wanting a replay of another hit??? Who does that?? This guy should be fined!!! If he has a problem with it then why didn't he go the refs when it happened? Chicken S$%T !!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  14:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you watch that spear he gets in the featle possesion(probably not spelt right) then after he gets out of the box he starts yellin at Blake on the other end of the rink, if you don't like it do something about it.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  14:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryschevy1

Haven't been able to find a link to yet. Anyway did anyone see him whining to the ESPN guy earlier on in the game wanting a replay of another hit??? Who does that?? This guy should be fined!!! If he has a problem with it then why didn't he go the refs when it happened? Chicken S$%T !!!

You have NO idea what Crosby was saying to the ESPN guy. Just because the Sportsnet guy joked about it doesn't mean that's what he was doing. He could have been asking the guy for a good jellyfish recipe for all you know.
And good lord, let someone jab you in the ribs, or slash at the unprotected part of your wrist and see if you don't whine a litlte. Geez, just because he's a great hockey player doesn't mean he's stopped being human.
Lasty, do you really want him going after someone like that? Honestly, grow up. Would you expect the same from Naslund? Sundin? Koivu? St. Louis? His coach would kill him if he threw a punch at somebody. Imagine the impact on the team if he broke his hand in a fight.
Think about it.
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  15:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mario probably would've decked him!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  17:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw it. The first time it looked like a spear (I think because I wasn't expecting to see it so I didn't get a good look at it). The second time it looked like a love tap on hands, not even that hard really.

I truly think Crosby embelished it. He barely got tapped. As for his reaction on Blake afterward, he lashed out and whined without really standing up for himself or allowing his enforcers to do it for him. In my opinion, you have to do one or the other at the NHL level (or just skate away and make him pay on the score board). I respect a guy who takes care of his own ass, and I also appreciate how stars should think of their team first by not breaking their hands. Either reaction would be fine for me, but that pissy little fit he threw was quite comical. Then to skate over to the sportscaster after was juvenile. Whether he asked to see it or not, he had to realize it looked bad.

This whole shinanigan equals 1 demerit for Crosby. I'm keeping track.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  19:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

hahahahah...Mario would've taken the rest of the season off........that was easily the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.......He bailed like the p**** he is, then got up 2 seconds later...then he ran his mouth and pretended he was a tough guy but wouldn't throw them......That kid is pathetic. I really like how players put Crosby in his place...Ever notice how no one picks on ovi. that's b/c he never does anything to warrant getting picked on. He plays with integrity, something sid never has.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/17/2007 19:11:10
Go to Top of Page

Guest4214
( )

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  20:50:58  Reply with Quote
To all you Crosby haters, give him a break. He is the best young CANADIAN hockey player to come into the N.H.L. since Mario Lemieux and possibly Joe Sakic. I just don't understand why some of you guys bash him. He's a class act as far as I'm concerned. Yes, he whines a bit, but he's only 19, he's still maturing. As far as Ovechkin playing with intensity, etc., what about the dirty shot that he dished out to Daniel Briere in the last month or so.....Briere is lucky he didn't break his neck. I think both are great players, but time will tell the tale, and I think that Crosby will be the better of the two over their careers. At some point, even Don Cherry will come around and give the young man the credit he deserves. We're proud of Sid the Kid......from a fellow Nova Scotian.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  21:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To anyone who says "he's still 19", I'm 20 and I certainly don't running around bitching to authorities....the point is he's supposed to be grown up...guys usually stop whining when they kiss their first girl (ie when they're YOUNG).....I want everybody who reads this to think about how they were when they were 19 (if you're younger, think how you'd act now), and ask yourselves, would you act that childish?

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  21:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4214

\. As far as Ovechkin playing with intensity, etc., what about the dirty shot that he dished out to Daniel Briere in the last month or so......

ummmm, ovi-one appologized repeatedly for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he barely tapped him, and ovi-one does't play dirty.....

it doesn't suprise me you nova scotians are proud of him. What else do you have going for ya hahahahahahah.(I'm half joking....seeing as you guys think I'm a small town basher, i might as well live up to the hype)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  14:03:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

quote:

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

hahahahah...Mario would've taken the rest of the season off........that was easily the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.......He bailed like the p**** he is, then got up 2 seconds later...then he ran his mouth and pretended he was a tough guy but wouldn't throw them......That kid is pathetic. I really like how players put Crosby in his place...Ever notice how no one picks on ovi. that's b/c he never does anything to warrant getting picked on. He plays with integrity, something sid never has.

I HATE CROSBY

The reason people put crosby in his spot is because it is at the top. They have to pick on him to try and shut him down some how because most teams do not know how to just like what the flames do to hemsky hit him so he doesnt get up and when he does hit him harder. The reason why teams don't pick on ovechkin as much is because he is bigger than most players the is 3" bigger than Crosby and teams know if you hit him he will hit you back .
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  15:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And let's not put Gretz in the same boat as Sid, because Wayne had his own personal bodyguard in Semenko...you can't do that crap anymore, so Sid has to start realizing he's gonna take some punishment.

However, it doesn't mean you can't argue for your team to go on the PP a bit more! haha

IHC - Other than being 'big', what's Van got going for it?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Guest0975
( )

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  15:33:29  Reply with Quote
i think blakes a loser, he never does anything right and i think id have done the same as crosby
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  19:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Pittsburgh should get a "bodyguard" for Crosby.

Go Preds Go!!!

Edited by - KariyaSelanne on 01/18/2007 19:35:18
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  21:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He needs to get tougher...

After all tomorrow is another day...
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  13:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone think that they kissed and made up last night in the Eastern all-stars dressing room? After the fit that Sid threw a few nights ago after the penalty box, you'd think that they wouldn't be able to be together in the same room.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  15:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably made up, thats hockey.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7692
( )

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  21:46:43  Reply with Quote
The Blake spear was uncalled for. The puck was nowhere near Sid and Blake speared him between his sternum and stomach. He got the wind knocked out of him. Blake knew he was in the wrong when Sid got in his face. Blake was fined, a woping $1000. The kid can play and those who do not think so are sorely mistaken.
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  09:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya it was uncalled for, but what if Blake did that to a guy like Chara or McCabe, they wouldn't fall down then grab his jersey they would kick his @$$.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6836
( )

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  06:35:49  Reply with Quote
Chara yes... Mccabe.. not so much (and I am a leafs fan)
Go to Top of Page

devilsjetsfan
Top Prospect

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  15:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya not mccabe chara would destroy him

Go Devils Go
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  16:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know, if McCabe got angry enough there would be hell to pay.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  16:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But who would really be dumb enough to try that on a guy that can crush him. Blake is a wimp and try's it on defenceless superstars because he knows they cannot do anything. Good on Crosby for gettingup and trying to attack Blake.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

Guest7717
( )

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  20:09:00  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by leafsfan_101

But who would really be dumb enough to try that on a guy that can crush him. Blake is a wimp and try's it on defenceless superstars because he knows they cannot do anything. Good on Crosby for gettingup and trying to attack Blake.

Thats exactly right he is a helpless superstar who cant stand up for himself, right on the money!! i play in junior leagues and you dont see that much whining here in saskatchewan maybe its the player not the situation. he should have learned to stick up for himself as he went up the ranks in his career.
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  17:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest 7717

Thats exactly right he is a helpless superstar who cant stand up for himself, right on the money!! i play in junior leagues and you dont see that much whining here in saskatchewan maybe its the player not the situation. he should have learned to stick up for himself as he went up the ranks in his career.

Or he should at least get a "bodyguard" like Gretzky had(no offense to Gretzky)

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  10:08:06  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

quote:

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

I HATE CROSBY

Shut up ******! Take the season off! Like Nik Andropov? Remember Mario was still better than all the Leaf greats put togethor. Plus he actually won cups. The Leafs will NEVER win another asshat! Hahahaha! Crosby and the pens will sip from the cup a few times and your suck ass leafs with the crappiest $ 15 mil defense in NHL history will continue to suck and your great grand children will die before Toronto wins another cup! tehehe! As for putting Crosby "in his place", your a moron. What games have you been watching other than Leafs? Not many obviously. Looks to me like your smelly Leafs have been OWNED by Crosby. Sids place is firstly OWNING the leafs for his whole career, winning the scoring title and the Hart trophy many times and a few cups I'm sure. Your Leafs place is to be a perennial gong show failure forever. Your a bitter, hating jealous ass sucking leafs fan. I'd be bitter too! Only a MORON would give Hal Gil 2.5M! Friggen turnstile! Or McCabe 6 M! LMFAO! McCabe is the most over paid, over rated, defensive liability, cry baby plug I've ever seen. Tucker is a cheap shot cry baby chicken s***. Sid has no integrity but Tucker has it in spades I guess. Pull your head out of your ass, ******! If Toronto won the lottery you'd be the first ***** to suck Crosby off....so shut up loser!

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/31/2007 10:21:04
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  10:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5029, even though I agree with most statements you're making about the Leafs, please do not attack other members (especially with lame, repetitive insults). This thread is about the Blake-Crosby issue so please stay on topic and do not insult our members.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  13:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can honestly say, if sid played for the leafs, then the sens would be my favorite team...Sadly, I dislike sid more than I like the leafs...I'm not really gonna reply to that onslaught of yours more than that..But I'd just like to say, I must have missed the memo where it said Pittsburgh was leading the league....

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page