Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Kevin Bieksa - Best player that nobody knows about Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  11:49:38  Reply with Quote
Pierre Macguire called him the best player in the NHL that nobody knows about. I think he is right. He is tied for 19th in scoring amongst defencemen with Jovanovski and Phaneuf.

I personally think he is an upgrade on Jovo cop, and for $525,000. They both average 23 minutes per game, and can both play on the powerplay. I think Bieksa is better defensively and makes much better decisions while on the ice.

Although he is not quite in the same class as Phaneuf, he is definitely no slouch. If only the rest of the league could get his name right.

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  11:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with everything you said 6916. I see him play a lot in Vancouver and he plays like a veteran for the most part. He doesn't quite have Phaneuf's size or meanness but he plays smart. His numbers are great with 8 goals and 19 assists. He's 4th on the Canucks in points ahead of Salo and Ohlund! He's going to have a great career and he won't be an unknown much longer.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4040
( )

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  02:26:10  Reply with Quote
bieksa= most underrated player in nhl right now
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  05:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is not the best but the best for what he is paid.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  08:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bieksa is a really good player i say he is definately one of teh better d-man on teh team with salo,ohlund,mitchell and now sopel they got a good defence team and with luongo in net holy moly that is good.

GO Sabres GO!!!!
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  16:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree at the begining of the year they had no defense whatsoever and no arguably one of the best defense teams in the league

Go canucks
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  16:55:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbraiter

and now arguably one of the best defense teams in the league

Go canucks

Well you got the "arguably" part right... They have good defense but I think saying they are near the best is going too far. If you're including Luongo then maybe, but I take "defense" to mean between the goalie and forwards.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  01:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The canucks have a pretty solid defensive core they have a few good pp guys and have a fair amount of dmen scoring

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page