Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Finally, something we can all agree on Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  17:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah ...ouch Whoever slashed Malarchuk there needs to find a more effective way to learn surgery...(just joking)
But it really is like surgery with no anesthetic except with a much thicker blade slashing at 30 mph. Damn...that's one way to make getting clobbered by some 250-pound linebacker look less painful.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/31/2007 18:03:17
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  20:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

Actually he played vs montreal after getting hit in the throat and got a shutout!!

also i play lacrosse and go to alot of WLL (western lacrosse League) wich is what the pros play in because its the opposite time of year the NLL (national lacrosse leauge) It is the best sport on earth and one of the reasons his because of all the hitting and all the goals that are scored!! and the players are hella tough!!
PS lacrosse is canadas national sport in case you didnt know!!

CANUCKS RULE!!

I also play lacrosse, in the summer and hockey in the winter, it keeps me busy all year round. Like what am I supposed to do at the age of 13? I can't drive yet.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  20:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I can't speak for Malarchuk because I've never had my throat viciously slashed nor have I really ever had my life put in such danger but I don't think that was all that painful for him (given the shock + adrenaline + feeling weaker from the blood loss). The worst thing about that is the simple fact that if the medics were at the other end of the rink (it was that close of a call), they might not have been able to save him. Apparently goalies are willing to sacrifice safety for convenience, for them I have no pity. Luongo deserved getting a puck in the throat and barring death, goalies deserve anything that happens to their throat if they choose not to wear the throat guards.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/31/2007 20:15:24
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  11:51:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I don't think that was all that painful for him (given the shock + adrenaline + feeling weaker from the blood loss).

True, if you're in enough shock from the incident you won't feel the pain. Especially if you lose a half-gallon of blood...but it probably hurt most the instant it happened--a cold sharp skate across the throat.

There's a fine line between being tough and being stupid. If you're not gonna wear the throat gards, that isn't tough, that's dumb, especially if you get hit with a puck. Granted, playing in a game even after you got hit does take a lot of fortitude and certainly takes a tough person to do so. But if that person had been smart in the first place and worn his throat protectors, there'd be no need to play while you feel like crap and haven't eaten for a day.
Go to Top of Page

portman21
Top Prospect

Canada
32 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  21:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i play both hockey and lacrosse, and i'd have to say lacrosse is a way more physical game... in the states its all field lacrosse, so you won't notice it as much, but in canada with box (indoor) it gets really bad because you can cross check and throw body checks.. and the pavement you play on doesn't absorbe much of the impact when u fall... another thing, i've been radared at throwing a ball 85mph and i don't throw it nearly as hard as the guys that play pro... and thats a hard rubber ball... and the fighting, when the helmets come off... theres not much equipment holding you back, so its just like a brawl on the street...

Take care comb your hair
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  16:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by portman21

i play both hockey and lacrosse, and i'd have to say lacrosse is a way more physical game... in the states its all field lacrosse, so you won't notice it as much, but in canada with box (indoor) it gets really bad because you can cross check and throw body checks.. and the pavement you play on doesn't absorbe much of the impact when u fall... another thing, i've been radared at throwing a ball 85mph and i don't throw it nearly as hard as the guys that play pro... and thats a hard rubber ball... and the fighting, when the helmets come off... theres not much equipment holding you back, so its just like a brawl on the street...

Take care comb your hair

Especially when guys try to throw the ball at your groin and legs(since all you have is a jock down there and sometimes kneepads) just to take you out of the game.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page