Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 For Prime Minister of Canada Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  12:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which famous hockey personality would you vote for to lead your country? Why?

Choices:

Don Cherry
Wayne Gretzky
Ron McLean
Gary Bettman
Hayley Wickenheiser
Joe Sakic
Maurice Richard
Alan Eagleson

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  13:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice no one said Bettman! Hahahaha LOL

For Canada, I'd say Joe Sakic or Wayne Gretzky. Sakic because he's a captain in hockey and a great leader/player, and he's easy-going (someone who's yappy and a show-off isn't good for a politician). Gretz because he's the Great One, hockey's best player, and hockey is Canada's national sport.

For America, Don Cherry. Because he's got a great personality for a leader (and in general), and he's a pretty good hockey player.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/20/2007 13:48:53
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  13:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where's ken dryden? He actually IS a politician, and would probably know what he's doin over these guys.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest9732
( )

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  21:17:40  Reply with Quote
don cherry is a canadian not american you #$&(*#$&

Go to Top of Page

Guest0975
( )

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  21:58:26  Reply with Quote
cherry's the best !!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  22:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9732

You are right that since he is Canadian he could not be President, but we dont need the profanity here. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  07:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9732

I know that, but the poll question is hypothetical and the answer is based on the qualities of the players and why they would be fit to lead a nation, it's not supposed to be real. I was implying that IF these guys were Americans, Cherry would be the best President. It's HYPOTHETICAL.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4931
( )

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  15:34:15  Reply with Quote
It appears that most of you voting are voting with your hearts and not your head. Bettman is not only a smart businessman but one of the best negotiators that I have seen in action. He doesn't candy coat anything, he just lays the facts on the table.

However, everyone knows that if you are an honest politician you haven't got a hope in hell.... therefore I'll go for Cherry because he isn't afraid to tell you where to put it if he doesn't agree.
Go to Top of Page

Burns
Top Prospect

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  08:23:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hockey is not Canada's national sport, not officially anyway. Lacrosse is.

The Oilers are secretly the best team in the NHL
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  10:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Burns

Then why are they last in their division and 10th in the West with only 50 points?
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  14:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Burns

Hockey is not Canada's national sport, not officially anyway. Lacrosse is.

Gawd I hate it when people spew on about things they are wrong about.
Hockey, in fact, IS Canada's national sport. As is lacrosse. Lacrosse is Canada's national summer sport, while hockey is Canada's national winter sport, and it has been that way for more than 10 years.
Lacrosse had been Canada's sole National Sport since 1859, but in 1994, Bill C-212 was introduced to officially declare hockey as Canada's national sport. Lacrosse supporters opposed this citing, among other reasons, that denying Lacrosse such notoriety would be a slap in the face of Aboriginals. Personal comments kept to myself here. Consequently, Bill C-212 was amended to recognize both sports. In May, 1994, Canada's National Sport Act (Bill C-212) became law, reading: "To recognize hockey as Canada's National Winter Sport and lacrosse as Canada's National Summer Sport".
If you are going to throw out facts so assuredly, perhaps you should check them first. Then again, asserting that Edmonton is Canada's best team is without fact and merit as well, so perhaps citing untruths is a habit with you.
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  19:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don Cherry For Prime Minister, I would love to see what he does, with his crazy antics and those tuxedos

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  19:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don cherry
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  05:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman
In May, 1994, Canada's National Sport Act (Bill C-212) became law, reading: "To recognize hockey as Canada's National Winter Sport and lacrosse as Canada's National Summer Sport".

Titman, you're the research King, and we appreciate it. I was thinking that had happened, but couldn't remember for sure...thanks for clearing that up!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  12:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

Lacrosse is Canada's national summer sport, while hockey is Canada's national winter sport, and it has been that way for more than 10 years.

That's what I SAID in a different post about this. I always thought that was the case--lacrosse=national summer sport, hockey=national winter sport. Geez I know this and I don't even live in Canada.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8336
( )

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  19:22:11  Reply with Quote
Are you people for real? Have you no idea the responsibility a leader of a country has? The only answer from this list is Ron McLean. He's easily the most intelligent. Well with the possible exception of Eagleson who is a very shrewd man but a crook as well. Hmmm.... maybe Eagleson would be the the best PM then?!! Yeah i pick Al.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page