Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 New keeper pool thoughts...... Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest8018
( )

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  13:45:52  Reply with Quote
starting a keeper pool this year. These are the specifics, if you read them let me know of any suggestions you have or problems that we might come across in the first year.

-25 player teams. 15 fwds, 8 d, 2 g.
- only the top 20 players in points will count toward your total.
-if a player gets hurt then the 21st players points will start to count from that date on
- each new year there will be a 5 round draft, you have to drop 5 players each year.
-at the NHL trade deadline you are allowed to trade players for draft picks in the next year. for example if you are not contending that particular year you might trade some older players for drafts picks for the following year.

that is pretty much it. any suggestions or problems?

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  16:20:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your third rule is slightly ambiguous.

What constitutes an injury worthy of replacement? You have to set who will make that decision, the pool GM or the team GM. (ie by # of games missed, or placement on IR)

If player is replaced in the points list due to injury, are all his points replaced by the next player in line, or are those left and the new players?

Why not ignore that rule altogether during the season, and only take the top20 and the end of the year?

With trades, how many years ahead are you allowed to trade draft picks for? Only next year's, 2, 3 years ahead?

Why only allow trades at the trade deadline? What about before? What about moves during the offseason?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  17:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To add to what Polish express said, I got into trouble myself with injury rules in the pool I ran. I made the decision based on games missed, but some injuries are tricky, sometimes a player comes back for a few games, then is on the IR again, etc . . . I got nothing but complaints about it, and after all, I was doing it to help people! So I threw it out.

I stick with this: I have each team draft 25 players (starting a new keeper pool myself this year), same as yours, and again top 20 count towards final total - 12 F, 6 D, 2 G. But that's it, and each "manager" has the responsibility to make sure they have at least an extra for each position, and it's just tough luck if two goalies go down for a significant time, just tough luck.

I'll also add this - don't make it that you HAVE to lose 5, and draft 5. Makes it very tricky for some good teams . . . you don't want to give a penalty of sorts to a very good manager. I would just make it optional, and put a maximum on the # allowed to be dropped. Then, obviously, whoever came last picks first from the available pool of nhlers and newly drafted players, in reverse to give the teams that had a rough ride to pick up talented players and players to be.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest8018
( )

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  11:10:06  Reply with Quote
ya I meant up until the trade deadline. abou the injury thing, Im not sure how pickuphockey.com works for that, I know they have a thing where only your top 20 guys or whatever count towad your team total. so ya we probably wouldn't substitute guys in or out. You would just have your top 20 guys count. 9 fwds, 6d, 2 g. ya I guess we could make it so a guy doesn't have to drop any players at the end of the year, they will just not get any draft picks. and for now Im going to make it so you can only trade draft picks for the next year I think.

Thanks for the input though, exactly what I needed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page