Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 if the league dropped 24 teams tomorow... Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2010 :  10:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok say by chance the NHL would drop to 6 teams tomorow,, who would be the 132 players that are stil NHL calibre?

Pasty

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2010 :  11:04:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, top 132 players!! Good Luck.

I'll start this off with goalies.

Starters:

Brodeur
Luongo
Lundqvist
Kipprusoff
Miller
Bryzgalov

Back Ups

Fleury
Vokoun
Backstrom
Ward
Rask
Rinne

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  01:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll start with the top 36 d men

Keith
Doughty
Prongner
Markov
Green
Boyle
Gonchar
Lidstrom
Enstrom
Chara
Weaber
Volchenkov
Myers
Phaneuf
Bowmeester
Sharp
Kaberle
Staal
J Johnson
E Johnson
Seabrook
Kronwall
Oprik
Streit
Ehrhoff
Zidlicky
Foster
Campbelle
Whitney
Timonen
Pitkanen
Visnovsky
Robidas
Hamuis
Yandle
Edler

I may have missed a few its a longer list and tougher to make than it seems

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest7924
( )

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  07:25:56  Reply with Quote
Some shady picks in that defence for sure.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  10:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would imagine that if the league dropped to 6 teams, it would mean some sort of global hockey power shift, either economically, or in the politics of hockey.

If either were the case, it would most likely mean that leagues like the KHL or European elite leagues would be on par, or better than the downsized NHL. I think that if that were the case, the bulk of Russian and European players would bolt back to those leagues, leaving the NHL with a whole different crop of players to choose from, something to consider when assuming who would be left to fill rosters.

How different would the two lists submitted already, change with that in mind? Could be as many as a dozen D and 7 goalies from the lists that wouldn't stay. Interesting idea to think the NHL would still be the premiere league, if this did actually happen.

Would an Ovechkin, Malkin, or Datsyuk stay?

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  10:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty....this thread could start a war! Remember the debates about who should be on the Olympic team? Man, this makes that look like a breeze! Lol...

Far too many players to be accurate with not to mention the confusion for me lies in the question is this a one year thing? What i mean is, i'd take a guy like Seabrook over Lidstrom or Pronger if i was drafting for the long term, however, if i'm trying to put a team together to win right now, the older guys would be on it.

Either way, very difficult to figure. Be easier if we eliminated the obvious ones like OV, Sid, etc.....

BTW, your list of dmen is pretty good and obviously everyone will have some differing opinions on say the bottom 10 (or your weakest 10), but for me, PK Subban would be on the list. I love what i saw from that kid last year!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page