Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 What exactly is a keeper pool Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  21:02:00  Show Profile
My question is simple what is a keeper pool and where can i play one? I heard about it and they sound really cool. If you are starting one email me and if you have any info on it post here

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  04:08:31  Show Profile
Basically, at the end of the year, each team gets to keep a pre-determined number of players (or your entire team) and automatically have those guys for next year. Works a lot better in baseball where players seem to take so much more time to develop.

For example, this year I might pick up someone like Robbie Scremph (sp?) , thinking he may get more time next year, and not run the risk of someone else picking him up, or forgetting about him in the off-season.

Hope that helped...

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  07:53:39  Show Profile
Thanks that helped alot do you know where i can join one or start one. Are they evn free
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  11:15:22  Show Profile
They are better fit for a group of friends because getting people to commit again a year from now seldom works.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  22:49:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Novie
For example, this year I might pick up someone like Robbie Scremph (sp?) , thinking he may get more time next year, and not run the risk of someone else picking him up, or forgetting about him in the off-season.

Schremp.
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  15:11:15  Show Profile
are they free or not because i was doing so research and i couldn't find a website with a free pool
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  15:20:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

are they free or not because i was doing so research and i couldn't find a website with a free pool

How bout this one. I dunno if you can do a keeper league, but how about after your finished your pool, mabye take dibs on players on your roster soo you can have them next year. Its only an idea,but its better then nothing.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

Guest2980
( )

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  07:55:47
I have been in a keeper league with 10 teams in it. We started in 1990. Best to set one up with your friends. You can see our rules at this link. http://members.shaw.ca/lifedraft/lifetime.htm

You need dedicated people who will return each year. We started with 8 teams, had a two team expansion after about 5 years.
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  08:40:37  Show Profile
thanks alot for those rules and i appreciated your idea leafsfan_101
Go to Top of Page

butch33
Top Prospect

35 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  13:11:24  Show Profile
hockey guy

I replied to your personal message you sent me and also added you to my msn .Still havent heard from you with regards to your interest in my keeper league
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  13:07:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by butch33

hockey guy

I replied to your personal message you sent me and also added you to my msn .Still havent heard from you with regards to your interest in my keeper league

I am sorry I did not get your e-mail, my email was messed up for a couple of weeks and i had to reset it. Can you send the email again?
Go to Top of Page

butch33
Top Prospect

35 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  08:44:21  Show Profile
hockey guy

send me an email at the league addy h3hfhl@yahoo.ca and I'll forward you the leagues website URL

then , we'll take it from there
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  15:34:35  Show Profile
thank you very much
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked