Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Ovechkin v. Crosby - Round 1 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  15:50:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this should be going into the SCOREBOARD thread, but...

Anyone else notice that IHC and others keep digging on Crosby for not making his team better, and how they're still horrible?

As of right now, they're in the playoffs, 2nd in their division behind only New Jersey....

Ovie and the Caps are in 13th, only a point ahead of FLORIDA for last in the division.

Whatcha got NOW?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  15:52:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year -->

Pittsburgh - 58 points, last in the East
Washington - 70 points, 14th (2nd last) in the East

So who has improved more?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  16:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I nailed Crosby for not putting his team in a high standings NOW, not in comparison to last year (Although, they still finished last with him on their team last year). And I said all that awhile ago, back when Pittsburgh was 11th in the East and second to last in their division. Now I could say he's helped put them up a lot higher, but it sure took him long enough. And you can't give all the credit to Sid, Malkin's on the team now, too.

And I was more sick of Crosby's excessive hype, not him as a person or his skills as a player.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/29/2007 11:29:28
Go to Top of Page

HockeyCanadaFanatic
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  17:47:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't get why people hold Crosby up to impossible standards while not doing the same for Ovechkin. Why does Crosby have to make the Penguins a contender now but Ovechkin doesn't have the same pressure with the Caps? It's even more astounding when you consider how much younger Crosby is. Bottom line is this, as much as I like Ovechkin, Crosby is better right now and the gap will only get bigger.

In time all the people knocking him will be singing his praises. Kinda reminds me of another highly touted phenom who got no respect and was labled a whiner when he came into the NHL but now holds almost every record in the books.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  17:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll defend Ovi-one to the death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hmmmmm, See how many players you can name on the caps off the top of your head.....what, 5 TOPS?

the caps have zero talent outside the 2 alexanders...their goalie (god love him) is a wash up, and the majority of the players belong in the AHL.....If not for Ovi (and Semin to a lesser extent), the Caps WOULD be middle of the pack in the AHL!!!!! If the pens didn't have Crosby, they'd still be able to compete with most teams......

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  17:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HockeyCanadaFanatic

In time all the people knocking him will be singing his praises.

Unless Crosby jumped in front of a bullet going towards my mother, AND never took part in an interview again, I would never give him praise.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  17:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't get why people hold Crosby up to impossible standards while not doing the same for Ovechkin.

Because Crosby is a better player, stats-wise. Don't get me wrong, I would've expected the Caps to improve a lot more with Ovi on their team, same as I expected the Pens to do with Sid.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  18:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really agree with IHC on this. PIttsburgh has a better team around Crosby and they could still compete without him. Granted they would not be as powerful offensively, but they would still do ok. Take Ovechkin off the Caps roster and they are easily dead last in the league. Crosby has a much better supporting cast, no question. You can't blame Ovechkin for Washington management not building a team around him.

(Wow, IHC, you are I are thinking alike lately. That's kinda scary!)
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  20:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See here is where I think people are mistaken. The only member of Crosby's "surrounding cast" that doesn't directly profit from having Crosby as a teammate is Jordan Staal. They hardly ever play on the same line unless they put Staal in front of the net for the first-line PP. Other than that, Crosby's "surrounding cast" are nothing but followers in his footsteps. Recchi and Gonchar would be washed-up if not for Crosby, Malkin would only be about 75% the player he is now, Ryan Whitney only has an offensive side (Crosby can't help his D) and Ryan Malone only gets points when he plays with him. Crosby does not HAVE a surrounding cast, he IS the surrounding cast.

Ovechkin has a different impact. He is not a playmaker, so it's harder for him to spread his talent around. Average guys like Zubrus and Clark have profited a good chunk from him but only as much as getting his rebounds, or dishing off to him to finish a play. It's the same problem with Semin. He is a finisher, so he doesn't always involve others to make them better because he can do it all himself.

I'm not saying one is better than the other individually because they haven't really set themselves in their own directions yet, although we are getting an idea of where they're headed. Crosby will make many other players better and force them to play up to him whereas Ovechkin will make himself better and drag others along with him.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  21:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmmmmmmm,

i think ovi-one leads his team in assists......I'm sick of everyone thinking all he can do is score....Ovi is easily the most complete player in the league (OUTSIDE OF HIS ZONE). Let's also not forget, ovi can hit too!!!!

and for those of you who say "sid could hit if he was bigger", I strongly urge you to look at darcy tucker.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  14:57:38  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

hmmmmmmmm,

i think ovi-one leads his team in assists......I'm sick of everyone thinking all he can do is score....Ovi is easily the most complete player in the league (OUTSIDE OF HIS ZONE). Let's also not forget, ovi can hit too!!!!

and for those of you who say "sid could hit if he was bigger", I strongly urge you to look at darcy tucker.

I HATE CROSBY

70% of his assists are rebounds. That is a fact. You can argue all you want but if you know hockey you know this is true. Unlike you I'm not an asshat who hat's OV. I like OV unlike you so I'm not biased against him like you are Crosby.

Tucker is a whining bitch too! Why not rip him? because he's a leaf. I know for a fact you'd be here touting Crosby if he played for the Leafs. Undeniable.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  23:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are both great players, crosbys a better all around player though, hes running away with the scoring race, sometimes ovechkin can be really cockey

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  23:29:06  Reply with Quote
The league needs them both. The crosby show wouldn't be half as interesting if we didn't have Ovechkin to compare him too and the same goes the other way around. Betman is having wet dreams over these two.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  09:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

hmmmmmmmm,

i think ovi-one leads his team in assists......

I HATE CROSBY

According to an earlier post...by YOU...Ovi is surrounded by a bunch of hacks and has-beens and never-will-bes...so why wouldn't he lead his team in assists?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  09:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4044

The league needs them both. The crosby show wouldn't be half as interesting if we didn't have Ovechkin to compare him too and the same goes the other way around. Betman is having wet dreams over these two.

Bird v. Magic
Yankees v. Red Sox
Colts v. Patriots
Canada v. Russia
Tiger v. The World

All of these things make the sport better and more marketable....Crosby v. Ovechkin; the winner is easy...

The NHL and Bettman

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  10:10:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
See here is where I think people are mistaken. The only member of Crosby's "surrounding cast" that doesn't directly profit from having Crosby as a teammate is Jordan Staal. They hardly ever play on the same line unless they put Staal in front of the net for the first-line PP. Other than that, Crosby's "surrounding cast" are nothing but followers in his footsteps. Recchi and Gonchar would be washed-up if not for Crosby, Malkin would only be about 75% the player he is now, Ryan Whitney only has an offensive side (Crosby can't help his D) and Ryan Malone only gets points when he plays with him. Crosby does not HAVE a surrounding cast, he IS the surrounding cast.

Ovechkin has a different impact. He is not a playmaker, so it's harder for him to spread his talent around. Average guys like Zubrus and Clark have profited a good chunk from him but only as much as getting his rebounds, or dishing off to him to finish a play. It's the same problem with Semin. He is a finisher, so he doesn't always involve others to make them better because he can do it all himself.

I'm not saying one is better than the other individually because they haven't really set themselves in their own directions yet, although we are getting an idea of where they're headed. Crosby will make many other players better and force them to play up to him whereas Ovechkin will make himself better and drag others along with him.

What??? You can't honestly say that the players that Crosby has around him are not better than those around Ovechkin??? I agree completely that Crosby makes his guys better. I disagree that Recchi would be washed up without him, but that is neither here not there. The players around Crosby right now are significantly more talented than the players in Washington. How can Crosby be the supporting cast ? That makes no sense. He has 7 more assists today than J.Thorton does. Are you saying that Crosby is that much better of a player than Thorton since we all know that Thorton has talent like Marleau, Cheechoo, and Michalek around him?? Crosby's 59 assists definitely are a sign of his skill, but those 59 goals had to be scored by someone. Crosby’s team mates are easily better than Ovechkin’s.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  12:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby - 84 points
Malkin - 57 points
Recchi - 48 points
Gonchar - 42 points
Whitney - 40 points
Ouellet - 30 points
Staal - 24 points

Ovechkin - 70 points
Semin - 53 points
Zubrus - 47 points
Clark - 40 points
Pettinger - 24 points

I won't lie, Pittsburgh is individually a little bit better. What my point is, is that Crosby takes what they are on their own and brings them up to a new level of proficiency. ThorNton does the same thing. Obviously having guys like Marleau and Cheechoo and Michalek around doesn't hurt, but notice how Marleau and Cheechoo both achieved career highs last year and that Marleau, who has played a lot with Thornton this year, is on pace to set a NEW career high in points? Look Marleau is my favorite player, but I won't lie and say that his flourish and Thornton's arrival are purely coincidental.

It's no coincidence that Recchi is almost a point-per-game at 39, that Gonchar is on pace to either equal or beat his previous career high in points, that Whitney already has more points than he did last year and that Malkin is performing at 125% of what he would individually (not factual, just my opinion). I'm not saying that Ovechkin doesn't have a similar impact, but he doesn't have the same style. He doesn't make players around him that much better, as much as he makes them make him look better.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  15:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya, Bab's, I hear that point and I agree. Crosby does make the players around him better, not just look better. My point is think of Ovechkin with players around him like Recchi, Staal, Malkin, Whitney, and Gonchar. He is doing the majority of the work in Washington on his own, or with limited help. Do you think Crosby would match his success he has had in Pittsburgh if he was in Washington?? I think he would still be successful, but not to the degree he has been. That's my point.

(PS, sorry about the missing "N", my bad!)
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  17:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

...ThorNton...

smooth.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2956
( )

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  09:41:29  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

In time all the people knocking him will be singing his praises.

[b]Unless Crosby jumped in front of a bullet going towards my mother, AND never took part in an interview again, I would never give him praise.[b]

I HATE CROSBY

HAHAHAHHAHAHA exactly my thought
if your comparing where the caps are and where the pens are you have to take everything into concideration, the pens have crosby, recchi, malkin, staal, and fleury is starting to show why they drafted him (although he'll never live down blowing the gold medal in the JR's a few years back). Ovechkin has.....semin (who on any other team would proably ride the bench)...and....i guess kolzig comes up big now and then...Crosby has tonnes of help and ovechkins doing it all himself..

so my vote...Ovechkin
Go to Top of Page

Guest2893
( )

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  18:47:44  Reply with Quote
quote:

hmmmmmmmm,

I HATE CROSBY

Hit, what an argument, you must be an American. That would be the last thing to speak about, hitting.....hahhahahahahah.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  18:51:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What, are you assuming Americans know nothing about hockey?
Think again
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  19:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2893

quote:

hmmmmmmmm,

I HATE CROSBY

Hit, what an argument, you must be an American. That would be the last thing to speak about, hitting.....hahhahahahahah.

None of that even makes sense...
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  19:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nooooo kidding......

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  19:09:21  Reply with Quote
Why is this comparison even made?

Ov is nearly 2 yrs older than Sid. Last season Ov beat Sid in the scoring race by what?....4 pts?

This year Sid is 18 pts ahead of Ov while playing less games. Most of Ov's assists are rebounds. Many people I know who preferred Ov to Sid last season have switched to Sid. That is because it is woefully obvious that Crosby is the rarely seen complete player who can elevate an entire team. Statistically his rate of improvement over time from an 18 yr old to today is downright scary. Ov is already on a plateau statistically. That's not to say that Ov won't improve statistically, but as of now he is on a plateau. IHC can whine and cry and hate all he wants, but he will not be able to make a case to prove otherwise based on critical thinking, intelligent analysis, or statistics. He has been known to be able to read players minds, however, he will only provide biased hot-air to back his position.

The real question should be as of now is:

Who in the NHL is even comparable to Crosby?...

This topics question is so last year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  19:11:12  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll defend Ovi-one to the death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hmmmmm, See how many players you can name on the caps off the top of your head.....what, 5 TOPS?

the caps have zero talent outside the 2 alexanders...their goalie (god love him) is a wash up, and the majority of the players belong in the AHL.....If not for Ovi (and Semin to a lesser extent), the Caps WOULD be middle of the pack in the AHL!!!!! If the pens didn't have Crosby, they'd still be able to compete with most teams......

I HATE CROSBY

Based on that logic I guess Mario was really better than Wayne then.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  23:45:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5029

[quote][i]

well, I hated Mario more than crosby (well, not really, but it's close)

I don't really make a habit of jerking off over Wayne/Mario type players....If i wanted to watch fancy moves, I'd put on golf or something...I like tillies, and hits, and hard shots..You know, the real rootin' tootin' stuff...Sure I like the occasional dangle, but if that were all hockey was, I wouldn't watch....I mean really, why would anyone wanna watch an all-star game every day...That's what they seem to want to turn it in to.....

on a final note, I'm sick of that "ovi is almost two years older than sid" crap........In the last 2 years, I haven't noticed any more hair on my ass, so give it a rest....Both guys have been playing in the nhl for a year and a half, it's not like ovi has extra nhl experience, sure he played pro in europe, but that's where Jimmy Waite plays goal (hahahahahahahah), so give that lame argument a rest.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  01:27:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HATE the plus minus stat but i thought i would throw this ou there: Crosby- Plus- 15
Ovechkin- Minus- 12

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  20:33:29  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

[quote][i]

I don't really make a habit of jerking off over Wayne/Mario type players....If i wanted to watch fancy moves, I'd put on golf or something...I like tillies, and hits, and hard shots..You know, the real rootin' tootin' stuff...Sure I like the occasional dangle, but if that were all hockey was, I wouldn't watch....I mean really, why would anyone wanna watch an all-star game every day...That's what they seem to want to turn it in to.....

on a final note, I'm sick of that "ovi is almost two years older than sid" crap........In the last 2 years, I haven't noticed any more hair on my ass, so give it a rest....Both guys have been playing in the nhl for a year and a half, it's not like ovi has extra nhl experience, sure he played pro in europe, but that's where Jimmy Waite plays goal (hahahahahahahah), so give that lame argument a rest.

I HATE CROSBY

What a brilliant,, insightful post(sarcasm off). Thanks for confirming that you have absolutely nothing remotely intelligent to offer.....just like I said. What a waste of skin.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  20:53:28  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

[quote][i]

I HATE CROSBY

Ya 2 yrs of development in professional hockey for a player aged 18-20 something means nothing. Then of course Malkin's far superior numbers in his last yr. in Russia in comparison to Ovechkin's last yr of pro hockey there must confirm that Malkin is the far superior player to Ov then? a yr. or two of pro hockey means nothing right? Of course OV was a year younger than Malkin in each of their last respective seasons of pro in Russia, but according to you that means nothing. Therefore because Malkin averaged about a point per game and OV didn't, Malkin is a way better player....right? Of course we both know statistically in the NHL that they are very comparible. So much for a year or two meaning nothing eh? Your so easy IHC, do you really believe the drivel you post? I guess all the GM's in the NHL who would beg to differ that an 18 yr. old with no pro experience is on the same level as a guy 2 yrs. older who's played two yrs. of pro know less than you(IHC). If the second best pro league in the world is so crappy, How come your not over there making 250K a year playing pro in Russia? Your so cool IHC, such a tough guy who likes Belak and the rough and tumble part of hockey. You make me laugh. After all who could appreciate fast paced highly skilled part of hockey? If your such a tough guy, why don't you watch wrestling or Ultimate fighting instead of hockey. Or maybe you could watch reruns of the flyers in the 70's - that's great hockey, a bunch of goons that by today's standards can barely skate. You try to sound cool, but your making yourself look more like a young, woefully inexperienced imbecile. Especially proclaiming you like a plug like Belak. Sure Wade's a great guy but so was the last taxi driver I road with. So what!....just about every guy in the NHL is a good guy - except Crosby of course.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  21:11:28  Reply with Quote
Another option for a question which really has a lot more relevance would be:

Who's the better player?

Malkin or Ovechkin?

These two are much closer to each other than Sid. Right now nobody is at Sid's level.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  22:09:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting sick of this god damn guest.........i'm not going to get all defensive about you slamming my intellect. But i am going to defend my opinion. I think we can all agree if there were nothing but Crosby's in the nhl, it would be like watching an all-star game every day...I NEVER WATCH THE ALL-STAR GAME!!! and I bet a lot of ppl share that insight...Those "goons" as you call them are the same players who build the majority of rivalries in the nhl......The avs/wings rivalry was one of the few entertaining things of the late 90's and that was all thanks to brawls........"I try to sound cool"? You're pathetic.......Those are my opinions...I don't get off by trying to impress strangers. I'd like it if more ppl shared my hockey opinions, hence my joining of this forum(to try and see if ANY ONE shares my views hahahaha).....

But back to the actual post topic........Your quote no one is at sid's level is a joke......Even if you don't think ovi is at "sids level".....I can name lots of guys who are...Thorton, the 2 studs on tampa, Hossa, Kovalchuck, Brodeur, Luongo, just to name a few ( Ovi too in my opinion).

(ps, i'm a very experienced hockey guy buddy..and i must be doing something right to get such a rise out of you.....If i wasn't right, one temper tantrum by you would have been enough (this is a mild rewording of one of einsteins famous quotes).

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 02/18/2007 22:10:43
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  22:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I disagree with IHC on many things but this guest5029, all he does is slam IHC a guy with the balls to actually come out and say what he has to say behind a name.

another W for Crosby on the Crosby vs Ovechkin match up tonight (Ovechkin held pointless again)

CANUCKS RULE!!

ADMIN EDIT: DO NOT LOWER YOURSELF TO HIS LEVEL.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  22:22:03  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm getting sick of this god damn guest.........i'm not going to get all defensive about you slamming my intellect. But i am going to defend my opinion. I think we can all agree if there were nothing but Crosby's in the nhl, it would be like watching an all-star game every day...I NEVER WATCH THE ALL-STAR GAME!!! and I bet a lot of ppl share that insight...Those "goons" as you call them are the same players who build the majority of rivalries in the nhl......The avs/wings rivalry was one of the few entertaining things of the late 90's and that was all thanks to brawls........"I try to sound cool"? You're pathetic.......Those are my opinions...I don't get off by trying to impress strangers. I'd like it if more ppl shared my hockey opinions, hence my joining of this forum(to try and see if ANY ONE shares my views hahahaha).....

But back to the actual post topic........Your quote no one is at sid's level is a joke......Even if you don't think ovi is at "sids level".....I can name lots of guys who are...Thorton, the 2 studs on tampa, Hossa, Kovalchuck, Brodeur, Luongo, just to name a few ( Ovi too in my opinion).

(ps, i'm a very experienced hockey guy buddy..and i must be doing something right to get such a rise out of you.....If i wasn't right, one temper tantrum by you would have been enough (this is a mild rewording of one of einsteins famous quotes).

I HATE CROSBY

Your intellect isn't called into question. Your life experience and opinions are. You have yet to acknowledge whethor or not 2 yrs of pro hockey makes a difference in the development of a young hockey player. Your problem is that you make opinions with no basis in fact to support them. The Malkin/ Ovechkin analogy is valid - and by your reasoning then Malkin would be the superior player as Ovechkin never got near a point per game in the 'crappy' Russian pro league while Malkin did. Nevermind that Malkin was a year older than OV when Malkin accomplished this because according to you it means nothing. Anything to say? I didn't think so. IHC you did state previously that Crosby's teamates hate him and that Sid doensn't care about the team. Are you a mind reader? I'm just wondering because all other accounts of Crosby are to the contrary. You can hate me and Crosby all you like but don't cry when you make baseless opinions and think you won't be held accountable for them. Feel free to critique any of my posts although you will find me to make opinions based with more tangible facts to support them. Remember IHC opinions are like arse-holes.....everyone has one. Valid opinions come from gathering of facts to support a common theme. Try that a little more often and we'll have some meaningful debates. I'm not crazy about you either, but hate is a strong word. I can tell your not a dummy so don't get bent out of shape.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  22:29:27  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

I disagree with IHC on many things but this guest5029 is a moron, all he does is slam IHC a guy with the balls to actually come out and say what he has to say behind a name.

another W for Crosby on the Crosby vs Ovechkin match up tonight (Ovechkin held pointless again)

CANUCKS RULE!!

Would it make you all happy if I had a name which really wouldn't be any more my real name than a number. Stop and think about what your saying. That is what's truly moronic. What difference would that make? Hey Canucks rule speaking of balls does it make you more of a mouse to call me a moron with that easy to verify identity of a person called 'canucks man'. I guess your name 'canucks man' would make you much easier to find in person than my 'guest 5029' would be? ......ya thought so. I just haven't got around to getting a handle. So what?

Maybe 'Canucks man' is bitter about my Canuck fans post. Get a life.

Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  22:38:47  Reply with Quote
quote:

I HATE CROSBY

ps IHC in case you haven't noticed. 'Goons' are virtually a non factor in the NHL today. Successful teams role four lines that can play. Just check the icetime of the goons in the box scores. You'll also notice that younger players who can somewhat fill that role today tend to be decent hockey players. Stating that 'goons...make rivalries' is reaching just a little bit. More like a whole lot.

Last time I checked only a couple of guys are within 20 pts of Crosby while Sid's played at least 5 less games. Sure that's close I guess.

How do goalies equate in this mix?

Who's getting a rise out of who? Your whole shtick is hating Crosby - you've got some serious issues to sort out. Even if you hate Sid why would want that to be 'who you are' on this board. Surely there's more to you than that?
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  23:18:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahaha.......My name is "I Hate crosby"...He is an NHL hockey player.....perhaps your name should be "I Hate "I hate Crosby""...Some student.......i think you're the one with some serious issues, you only reply to MY posts, something about obsessing over some guy with different hockey opinions seems more disturbed then getting really pissed off about some kid who embodies eevrything you hate about the "new nhl"......You said goons are a non-factor in todays nhl, did you ever notice how much LAMER the nhl is now? I watch rockem Sockem 6 every chance I get (1994)......I wouldn't waste the bling on volume 17 if I was a billionarre...Pretty much the only thing that keeps me watching hockey now is the hope that maybe the leafs (or to a lesser extent, Ottawa) will bring home the cup........

AND another thing.....Sid gets a lot of points yes, but I don't think that too many of his points warrant the endless highlight time he gets...He gets some nice goals/assists, but so do a lot of guys.......he's not a human highlight reel, there hasn't been one of those since mid-90's Bure.

and finally, I READ.....I don't make up this stuff about him and his teammates distaste for him........last year you could find that stuff in several newspapers...If i held on to them i'd send a copy to your mom's house, where you obviously reside....I watch highlights and see him bitch out every time.....Perhaps that's why you like the kid so much, you admire his bitch-like attributes. Or maybe you follow in his shower-peeping fetish?

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 02/18/2007 23:21:11
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  09:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others. Trolls can also be existing members of such a community that rarely post and often contribute no useful information to the thread, but instead make argumentative posts in an attempt to discredit another person, more often than not based on what they thought was said rather than what was actually said by the other person, concentrating almost exclusively on facts irrelevant to the point of the conversation, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  09:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5029, due to your continued lack of respect, you are done.

Guys, I love the Ovi vs Crosby argument but lately it has been more work moderating Crosby threads than caring for my newborn twin sons.

Admin.
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  10:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the caring for my newborn sons a joke? Or are you actually a dad? Cause if your a dad congrats!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  11:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

...it has been more work moderating Crosby threads than caring for my newborn twin sons.

Name them Daniel and Henrik Hahaha just joking. Congrats on being a dad!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page