Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Smyth and Hemsky not getting enough attention Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  09:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night vs. LA, Smyth and Hemsky each had 4 points and the oilers had 4 goals and Smyth scored the winner! They had a point on each goal. But yet nhl.com thinks Crosby's 4 points in a 7-2 win against Phoenix is better just because it's "sid the kid" if he didn't get any points Pittsburgh still would have won 3-2 but if Hemsky and Smyth didn't get any points it would have been 3-0 for LA. http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=ThreeStarsPage&service=page

P.S if there are any Phoenix fans SCOREBOARD!

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  09:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. Not to mention this is the first time since last years playoffs that Smyth Hemsky & Horcoff have played on the same line. They come out flying & all get a multi-point night. Smyth had a way better game than Croby did last night. If anything, it's kinda sad that outa 7 goals Crosby could only get 1.

....And the Yotes don't even have fans in Phoenix.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  11:22:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is what makes me not like being an Oiler fan at times. Smyth and Hemsky did have great games. Both played very well. BUT, the Oilers barely squeaked out a 4-3 win against the 2nd worst team in the league. Is that newsworthy or is a game where Crosby and Recchi both get 4 points as well, but one of Recchi's points was his 500th goal?? Not only that, Pittsburgh dominated Phoenix 7-2. C'mon, the Oilers are not newsworthy, nor do they deserve to be until they can win 2 or 3 in a row against decent teams and get back into the playoff picture. We are not even in the top 8 in the West while Pittsburgh is 7th in the East. What would make the Oilers barely beating the 2nd worst team in the league more newsworthy than Recchi getting his 500th goal and Pittsburgh in the playoffs for the first time in how long??
Go to Top of Page

Guest8985
( )

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  17:49:37  Reply with Quote
Beans i agree Recchi's 500th career goal was important and i wouldn't care if he got some attention too but what did Crosby do so special that makes him first star?
Go to Top of Page

Guest8985
( )

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  17:51:50  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8985

Beans i agree Recchi's 500th career goal was important and i wouldn't care if he got some attention too but what did Crosby do so special that makes him first star?

that was me forgot to login lol
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  20:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry it didn't log me in or i typed something wrong i don't know im 8985

Edited by - -oil-country- on 02/02/2007 21:39:06
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  07:35:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby is the new Toronto. If he laces his skates to his proper feet, that will be enough to get him 3rd star in most games. Get used to it, at 19, we have about 20 more years of this.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  08:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

This is what makes me not like being an Oiler fan at times. Smyth and Hemsky did have great games. Both played very well. BUT, the Oilers barely squeaked out a 4-3 win against the 2nd worst team in the league. Is that newsworthy or is a game where Crosby and Recchi both get 4 points as well, but one of Recchi's points was his 500th goal?? Not only that, Pittsburgh dominated Phoenix 7-2. C'mon, the Oilers are not newsworthy, nor do they deserve to be until they can win 2 or 3 in a row against decent teams and get back into the playoff picture. We are not even in the top 8 in the West while Pittsburgh is 7th in the East. What would make the Oilers barely beating the 2nd worst team in the league more newsworthy than Recchi getting his 500th goal and Pittsburgh in the playoffs for the first time in how long??

Are you sure you're an Oilers fan?
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  10:56:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
THIRD STAR -- RYAN SMYTH, LW, EDMONTON OILERS 300K|700K

Smyth tallied five points (two goals, three assists) in two games as the Oilers (24-22-4, 52 points) split a pair of games following the All-Star break. He recorded an assist on the Oilers' lone goal in a 5-1 loss to the San Jose Sharks Friday and figured in each Edmonton goal with four points (two goals, two assists) in a 4-3 comeback victory over the Los Angeles Kings Saturday. The performance matched his career single-game scoring high. Smyth earned an assist on Shawn Horcoff's game-tying goal at 1:07 of the third period and tallied the game-winner, his fifth of the season, at 7:58. Smyth, who also posted one assist in the Western Conference's 12-9 victory over the Eastern Conference in the NHL All-Star Game Wednesday, leads the Oilers in goals (25) and points (41).

Ryan Smyth, NHL's 3rd star. That's a little more like it.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  13:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have read my posts it is easy to say that I am an Oilers fan. A huge Oilers fan. But I am also a realist. Coming from behind against the second worst team in the league is nothing to be proud of. Those games should be automatic wins. That is why the Oilers have struggled, and will struggle to get into the playoffs. How many one goal games have the Oilers been in against the bottom 10 teams in the league? A lot more than teams like Anaheim, San Jose, Detroit, and Nashville. That is why they are the top 4 teams in the west and we are on the outside of the playoff race.

Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  21:20:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just giving you a hard time man. I know how ya feel about the Oilers. I went on a rant about their s***ty play after the SJS game.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  10:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries man. It is often frustrating being an Oilers fan. It seems like every year there are a couple of players that I want to see leave. Last year was Cory Cross, and I had a great time when I heard he was traded. This year, Torres and Bergeron are two players I think we would do better without.

We will still be there in the end though. That's all that matters.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  15:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just sick of being in this postion every single year. I thought after last years playoff run that we would be a little better in the regaular season & wouldn't have to worry that we won't make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  16:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with getting rid of Torres but i think getting rid of Bergeron would neither help us nor hurt us so whats the point. I also want to get rid of Greene.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  19:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I have said before, I would keep Greene over Bergeron. He is only in his second year and he will be a great stay at home D-man in the next few years. With offensive players like Smid and Tjarnqvist, Bergeron can leave without any real pain. With Staios and Smith being our stay at home D-Men, there isn't much in young guys coming up. Maybe Hedja, but that is about it. Roy is pretty offensive minded also. So Bergeron can go, Greene should stay. But I also think Greene might need a few games down on the farm to remove his head from his butt.
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  20:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gilbert is also a pretty offensive minded D but he's only played 2 games and i don't think he'll get much more playing time. I think we should keep Smid he is a young D who will only get better from here.

Edited by - -oil-country- on 02/03/2007 08:17:08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page