Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - You're the GM, who would you pick up? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  10:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Trade deadline is fast approaching. Imagine you're the GM of your favourite team. Who would you pick up? Don't forget you have to give something up!

Choices:

Raffi Torres
Peter Forsberg
Brad Stuart
Brendan Morrison
Mats Sundin
Bill Guerin
Anson Carter
Keith Tkachuk

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  11:02:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's MaTs Sundin

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  11:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why would anybody want Foresberg, the guy has a f***ed ankle he is injury prone and hes getting paid 5 mill so in a salary cap era your going to give up alot for a guy who is an unrestriced free agent at the end of the season, and he the most injury prone player in hockey today.

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  11:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would take Anson Carter. Chances are, if I am a GM and my team is in the playoff race, I have a pretty good core of players. A guy like Anson Carter is a perfect compliment player, he can play the PP and PK, he isn't prone to injuries, and he is a team guy. The price is right at about $900k for the rest of the season. And, he's a UFA at the end of the season so I have to obligation at the end of the year. The other thing is I could probably get him from Columbus for a couple of lower round draft picks, especially if they are out of the playoffs. That’s the smart move in my opinion as he can play any forward position and gives you depth into your 2nd and or 3rd lines.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  12:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to say it, but I voted for a Leaf. I'd pick Sundin, he's the only decent player on Toronto. As GM of the Sabres I dunno who I'd give up I'm sure I could find someone though :)

I would've picked Forsberg if he weren't so prone to injury.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  12:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to say i agree with u Mik, if the right deal was there i would take Sudin in a second, even though he plays for the dreaded leafs

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  17:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd take Carter, like beans said you could probably get him for some lower round picks.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  08:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, definatly Carter. He has been horrible for Columbus and would go cheap. The deal would look something like this:

To TOR:
Anson Carter

To CLB:
Andy Wozniewski
3rd round pick in 2007 DRAFT
5th round pick in 2007 DRAFT

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  11:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that would be too much for Toronto to give up, unless they were planning on keeping Carter after this season.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  11:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think ppl realize that carter is UFA after this season, so u dont want to give up to much for a guy that can walk at the end of the year

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  13:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked Brendan Morrison
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  14:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too 1CF morrisons a buety

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8058
( )

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  15:42:26  Reply with Quote
pick peter forsberg since nohbody can knock him off the pouck and when he gets on a good team and on a role nobody will injure him and he will be a benefit to the team Detroit rocks all the way- O ilers suck they wont make playoffs
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  16:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest8058, nobody injures him now, he just seems to do it to himself

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2981
( )

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  17:20:10  Reply with Quote
obviously anyone would want to pick up foresberg
hes one of the best players in the nhl and you dont even have to pay his full 5 mill salary
you only pay the rest of it after you get him which would be around 1.4 1.5 mill
even though he always gets injured hes be worth the 1.4 1.5 mill to have him for your playoff run
i dont see how anyone could pass on him
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  17:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forsberg was on a postage stamp in Sweden back in his better days. Yes he's still good today but the Flyers are last in the league and it seems he's always out with an injury.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6385
( )

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  22:07:47  Reply with Quote
As GM of Colorado i would have to pick to go with Brad Stuart. The Avs offence seems to be reliable on most nights (leading with calgary for most goals in the tight northwest) and Peter Budaj is on his game lately between the pipes, a nice solid defender like Stuart would round them out nicely. I think i would offer something to the sound of Ossi Vaananen(has struggled to maintain a spot in the line-up this season) and Brad May and maybe a draft pick for Stuart. Seems reasonable to me.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  00:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think out of the group Stuart is the least likley to be traded, because is been made public that he wants to play the market since hes UFA at the end of the year

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2892
( )

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  00:43:56  Reply with Quote
Well, seeibg as I would be the GM of toronto and can't say Sundin I say guerin. Hes got that offensive flair and throw hiim with 2 other guys that have a scoring touch and I bet he would put up big numbers.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4435
( )

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  16:31:08  Reply with Quote
I pick Morrison. He isn;'t a high salary player but he can get the job done, pp pk and even strength. He's got speed talent and never gets injured
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  22:46:36  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4435

I pick Morrison. He isn;'t a high salary player but he can get the job done, pp pk and even strength. He's got speed talent and never gets injured

I think he makes about $3.5 million a year. About $116,000 per point so far. Which I guess is a lot better than Naslund's $150,000 per point this year.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  22:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since when do players get paid per point?

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  10:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that fellow was just comparing production.

Anyway, I think the fact that Stuart is a UFA at the end of the year makes him more likely to get traded. It happens every year. I the team is out of the playoffs and the guys is a UFA, they will trade him for draft pick. Then, the go after him in the summer. Look at Carolina last year picking up Weight from St. Louis and Recchi from Pittsburgh. Where are they playing now???
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  11:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

Since when do players get paid per point?

Are you serious? Since the dawn of pro hockey
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  12:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so if a defensive defenceman is making $5,000,000 and gets 5 points, the GM is only paying him based on his point total and he ends the year with 5 points, does the GM then say im paying u $1,000,000 per point at the end of the year

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  13:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I think the idea is that IN GENERAL, players who get more points get paid more. I don't think any player is paid strictly on a performance-basis.
Go to Top of Page

vintage
Top Prospect

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  16:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would pick forsberg because he is the best out there but somehow i wuld be looking at carter i mean he played well fro the canucks last year so he wouldnt be a bad pick.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  08:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cater left the team to get more money, he ended up leaving because hes a selfish guy, in the end he signed for 2.5 mil with Columbus, The canucks were oferring him 2.25 i dont want him back, hes going to take a hugh pay cut next year though

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  09:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

so if a defensive defenceman is making $5,000,000 and gets 5 points, the GM is only paying him based on his point total and he ends the year with 5 points, does the GM then say im paying u $1,000,000 per point at the end of the year
CANUCKS RULE!!

I would. for 5 million you better be getting more than 5 points! besides you guys weren't talking aobut d-men, you were talking about Morrison and naslund. and d-men get paid by the point too, a defensive minded dman who also gets points = more money. sorry to burst your bubble.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  17:57:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
blade u totaly condradicted yourself by agreeing with my comment

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

saku11
Top Prospect

Canada
82 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  14:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mats sundin because heis a veteran and he really wants a cup.

HABS ALL THE WAY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page