Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Time to drop Doughty Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  20:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Doughty has been my teams biggest upset. I would never imagine of dropping him but 1point?
Time to Drop Doughty?

The Monkey is me

Choices:

yes
No
Other unique option that helps no one

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  23:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a single season or keeper league? If its a keeper then definitely do not drop him. For single season, my vote is no - although it would ultimately depend on who you could get on the waiver wire for him, or in trade.

13 games into the season, he's missed 6 with a concussion, and has 1 point. If I recall from last year, he didn't start particularly fast then either - I recall getting him on my waiver wire in November back then, when he started to get going.

I hold him in 3 of my 5 pools, and have no plans to drop him at this point in any of them.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  04:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I would drop him, only because I am sure that there are many other better options for this year. He hasn't been the same, and with a concussion, recovery is slow, and it throws off your whole game.

Doughty is a great young defenceman, don't get me wrong . . . but depending on what your options are at replacement, I'd look to move him.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  11:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of things would factor into this decision for me. For example, IF you drop him, do you have to pick up another dman (does your pool specify positions?)??? If so, depending on who's available, i might hold on to him? That'd be one major factor for me as well as what nuxfan asked about it being a "keeper" pool?

Most importantly though would be who's available to you to replace him with?
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  21:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a Fantasy pool I have 23 free agent moves left; sadly the best defense left are Wisnewski and Subban.
I could pick up a forward but then my 2 D-man are never on the Bench.

The Monkey is me

Edited by - Utemin on 11/11/2010 21:40:35
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  21:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Utemin

It is a Fantasy pool I have 23 free agent moves left; sadly the best defense left are Wisnewski and Subban.
I could pick up a forward but then my 2 D-man are never on the Bench.

The Monkey is me

If those are the defensemen left I would be hard pressed to drop Doughty for either of them. Wisnewski is off to a great start but he has just 1 point in the past 6 games after getting 11 points in his first 7. He has never had more than 30 points in any of his previous 5 seasons. Subban is an enigma. Could get 40 points, could get 15. He will get less productive opportunities with Markov healthy again.

Doughty, if healthy, is still good for more points than either Subban or Wisnewski. I wouldn't waste the move.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  22:04:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
best Available players (Defense)
Steve Montador, James Wisniewski, Mark Giordano, Ed Jovanovski, Dennis Wideman, Kurtis Foster, Joni Pitkanen, Keith Yandle, P.K. Subban, Brad Stuart, Kimmo Timonen

It is weekly match up pool, Section for goals, Assists, +-,PIMS(good thing), and PP points (Assists and goals).

Add on: a person in the Pool put Weber on available for trade.

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  06:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I disagree with Beans - I would Subban for sure over Doughty this year.

But that is just opinion/speculation . . . I don't think LA will be as good as everyone projected them to be, and it looks like Montreal will be better. Subban is a fixture on the Montreal power play and is sure to pile up points there, he might be among the power play defence leaders at the end of the season.

Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  06:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he is still available try to get Weber, if not then Subban.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  09:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok Utemin, thats a pretty significant list of dmen available.

Doughty hasn't looked like a scoring threat this year so far, but he is logging significant minutes so far (27 last night). He still quarterbacks that PP, so its only a matter of time IMO.

However - your list includes some intriguing options:
- Foster - although unlikely to outscore Doughty normally, if Doughty is having an off year, Foster might be a good pickup. He's come alive of late, what few goals the Oilers are scoring he seems to be in on.

- Timmonen - he's still available in your pool? Regular 40pt dman, in first pairing on PP with Pronger. What other dmen do you have (other than Doughty) that are better than Timmonen?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  09:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I disagree with Beans - I would Subban for sure over Doughty this year.

But that is just opinion/speculation . . . I don't think LA will be as good as everyone projected them to be, and it looks like Montreal will be better. Subban is a fixture on the Montreal power play and is sure to pile up points there, he might be among the power play defence leaders at the end of the season.

I'm not sure if Subban will do better than Doughty this year, he certainly might if this is an off year for Doughty, which it has been so far. I don't see enough MTL games, is Subban really much of an offensive dman, or is he more defensive.

Oh, and LA is the real deal this year IMO - I'm starting to wonder if they just might not challenge for first in the conference. Tied for second overall @ 11-3, very balanced team in terms of scoring, a very strong defense, and Quick is proving that he's as good as last year. And they're still 6M under the cap, in case they need to make some moves in the year to help out even more. They'll be good - despite an off year from Doughty.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  09:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

What other dmen do you have (other than Doughty) that are better than Timmonen?

I has 2 otherz D-Man
Letang and Pronger.

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  10:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nuxfan....Subban def has some offensive talent and as mentioned by Slozo, he's likely to be on the top pp unit in Mtl, with Markov on the other point.

Whether or not he outscores Doughty will be interesting to see. Jack Johnson seems to be the one getting the points in LA this year (from the back end). I thought that was because Doughty was out, but it seems like he's still getting on the scoreboard with an assist and his first goal of the year last night!
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  18:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I thought that was because Doughty was out, but it seems like he's still getting on the scoreboard with an assist and his first goal of the year last night!

Doughty did not get a goal last night

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  23:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Utemin

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I thought that was because Doughty was out, but it seems like he's still getting on the scoreboard with an assist and his first goal of the year last night!

Doughty did not get a goal last night

The Monkey is me

Re-read it, i was referring to Jack Johnson. Perhaps i worded it poorly? Sorry 'bout that.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4967
( )

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  02:35:14  Reply with Quote
yandle will finish 35 to 40pts
Go to Top of Page

Guest9006
( )

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  07:12:12  Reply with Quote
i would give doughty till about 25 games in to start making things happen. thats what my plan is (i have him too)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  07:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Subban has 1g, 6a so far in 16games, and has already taken 45 shots on goal this year while being a +4.

Doughty has 1a in 8games, 11 shots on goal.

Subban is a purely offensive defencman, has a lot of speed and skill. Surprised that many of you don't seem to remember him from the playoffs last year during Montreal's improbable run.

Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  15:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Subban has 1g, 6a so far in 16games, and has already taken 45 shots on goal this year while being a +4.

Doughty has 1a in 8games, 11 shots on goal.

Subban is a purely offensive defencman, has a lot of speed and skill. Surprised that many of you don't seem to remember him from the playoffs last year during Montreal's improbable run.

every one remebers they just think it is going to be a Carey Price repeat. Bring up for playoffs he does good, starts next year and does bad

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  16:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9006

i would give doughty till about 25 games in to start making things happen. thats what my plan is (i have him too)

I will do the same thing just with 15 games.

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Guest4748
( )

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  00:12:18  Reply with Quote
1 goal and an assist in tonight's game. Maybe he's getting out of his shell finally.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9030
( )

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  04:46:43  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this helps, but I'm in a fantasy league and my d-men are Chara, Ehrhoff, M. Green, Carlson, and Doughty.

I'm not planning on dropping him because on any given night he can be a game breaker and I'm thinking LA is going be close to the top in the west this year. Doughty should have a fair bit to do with that, even if he has an off year. LA has too much talent up front to be shut down on the power play for long and Doughty will be their PP QB all year, assuming he's healthy.

For what it's worth, if Timmonen's still available, I'd be looking to pick him up even if you have to drop a forward (depending on the number of players on your roster).
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  22:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doughty did well last night so I will keep him, Timmonen got snatched.

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page