Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Byfuglien...the real deal? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Traveller
Top Prospect

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  08:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright...here's the scenerio...just want all your advice if you would be so kind...

Our pool consists of 10 forwards, 1 D-man and 1 Goalie...2 pts for a goal, 1 for assist, 2 for a win, 3 bonus for a shutout...

The number of each type of plater is loose though so, if you were so inclined, you could have more than one D-man (But you have to have at least one)

You had to purchase trades at the draft for $5 each and I chose to buy 3 trades. I have currently used one trade leaving me with 2 left for the rest of the season...

Here's my debate...

My D-Man is Shea Weber. The one trade I used was to pick up Brendan Morrow from Dallas early on when it was clear that Jordan Stall would not be coming back as quick as originally thought...

I'm thinking of picking up Byufglin.

Would you trade Weber for him, get rid of Morrow and run with 2 D...the nice thing with this option is that if eithr D-Man gets hurt I am not commited to taking another D-Man to replace him...or would you leave things the same thinking Byfuglin can't continue this pace.

I am currently in 2nd place and am 23 pts behind 1st...I have a 20 or so pt lead on 3rd.

What's your guys' opinion...T.

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  10:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tough one.

I have been wondering the same about Buff, is he the real deal or not. I have him in one of my yahoo pools, where he is highly sought after due to his unique dual D-RW positioning, and now at nearly a PPG he's a super hot commodity.

Personally, I think he is the real deal. I don't think he'll end up with 80 pts this year, but 60 certainly seems like a fair bet, perhaps even 70. He is a big dman that plays both point and in front of the net on the PP, so he gets a lot of time to score there. He is getting way more ice time in ATL than he did in CHI, due to lack of depth.

However - do you have to trade Weber? You mentioned you can have more than one dman, and although Weber is struggling a bit right now I suspect a slump. Do you have any losers in your forward ranks that you would consider trading for Buff? If Buff had been available at the same time as Morrow, I might have taken Buff instead...
Go to Top of Page

top cheese
Top Prospect

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  10:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
take buff and weber, slow start for weber will change and buff is probably getting 25 mins a game. I love morrow but not for a point getting pool, he get's hurt a lot too.
Go to Top of Page

Traveller
Top Prospect

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  10:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See thats where I am thinking about getting rid of Morrow and running with the 2 D-men. When I picked up Morrow, he had scored 5 goals in 5 games or something like that. When Jordan Staal broke his hand (I had decided to risk picking him up during the draft hoping he wouldn't be out too long) I grabbed Morrow. The only other guy I would consider getting rid of is Taylor Hall but my Oiler Bias makes it really hard to get rid of him...that and if he does turn it on this year, he is more likely to be picked up by another in the pool to rub my nose in it...lol

I think I am going to make the trade for Buff for Morrow and cross my fingers...

...T.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  11:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The only other guy I would consider getting rid of is Taylor Hall but my Oiler Bias makes it really hard to get rid of him...that and if he does turn it on this year, he is more likely to be picked up by another in the pool to rub my nose in it...lol

Oh man, I would DEFINITELY take Buff over Hall. Leave your fandom at the door man, this is a hockey pool not a love in. You can cheer for Hall and get points for Buff all at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  16:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ByfUGLYan is a disgrace to hockey I hate him more then most people hate Sean Avery, DONT PICK HIM UP BAN HIM FROM THE POOL!!!!!!!!

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  17:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
utemin, its a bit early for drinking I think...

Hate him or love him, Buff is certainly not a disgrace to hockey, he's a pretty competent player that uses his size and skill effectively. When he was traded most people thought CHI would regret it, and they probably do now.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  18:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since you are a canucks fan you must understand I hate him for injuring multiple Canucks players last year in the playoffs.

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  20:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sure utemin, hate him all you like. but he is a good player.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  21:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though Weber is a great player, I would keep Morrow over him and Weber over Hall. ByfUGLYan is not slowing down any time soon with the ice time he is getting. If you haven't dropped Morrow yet dump Hall Nux fan had the right idea.

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Guest4646
( )

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  21:32:56  Reply with Quote
Being a Canucks fan.. Take the Buff man he well be the leading Defence man in scoring this yr.. I have him and happy...
Go to Top of Page

dan.k.w
Top Prospect

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  07:17:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Byfuglien is the way to go. He is only going to get stronger with the opportunity that he has in Atlanta.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  08:28:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
another 2 points last night, including the game-tying goal and assisted on the OT winner.... the thing that gets me is the number of even-strength points he's getting. As a Canucks fan, we only saw Buff in front of Luongo during a PP (where he was pretty effective), but not as much even strength. He only has 13 of his 27 points on the PP this year. He's proving he can do it even strength.

He's only 7 points shy of what he had all of last year with CHI. Talk about your breakout year. CHI might be kicking themselves a bit at having let him go...

Edited by - nuxfan on 12/01/2010 08:28:38
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  08:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

another 2 points last night, including the game-tying goal and assisted on the OT winner.... the thing that gets me is the number of even-strength points he's getting. As a Canucks fan, we only saw Buff in front of Luongo during a PP (where he was pretty effective), but not as much even strength. He only has 13 of his 27 points on the PP this year. He's proving he can do it even strength.

He's only 7 points shy of what he had all of last year with CHI. Talk about your breakout year. CHI might be kicking themselves a bit at having let him go...

I am sure Chicago wanted to keep him, however what player(s) would you have given up to keep him?? Sharp?? Hossa??? Seabrook??

He is having a break out year but I don't think he is doing anything outside of his abilities. He getting 7 minutes more a game in ATL than he did in Chicago and he is also gettting the prime time minutes on the PP and with the 1st line. He would have produced the same if Chicago had the roster spot and minutes for him.

He is a great talent, specifically as he can effectively play forward and defense. I would keep him over Weber this year.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  09:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weber, even with his goal last night, continues to frustrate the *$%& outta me! Why do i continue to pick this guy. Don't get me wrong, he's a great dman, but i keep picking him in pts pools thinking that cannon of a shot will eventually start finding the net more regularly!!!
Go to Top of Page

Traveller
Top Prospect

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  10:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the record I dropped Morrow and picked up Byfuglin...Kept Weber and Hall...T.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  10:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am sure Chicago wanted to keep him, however what player(s) would you have given up to keep him?? Sharp?? Hossa??? Seabrook??

Campbell, personally. I'm sure they tried...
Go to Top of Page

Dastardly Bastard
Top Prospect

22 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  16:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Hindsight being what it is, I'm sure Chitown fans would much rather have Big Buff than Hjalmarsson.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page