Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Trade Decision - Higher Value ? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dan.k.w
Top Prospect

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  12:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Hey everyone,

In a points only pool, who do you feel will retain better value over the course of the season ??

Bergeron probably playing on the 3rd line, and Connolly is suffering from a groin injury as well as a slower season than last.

Any thoughts appreciated !

Choices:

Patrice Bergeron
Tim Connolly

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  12:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd prob roll the dice with Bergeron and hope that he finds his way onto one of the top lines? It's very possible he'd be a third liner and used in a bit of a defensive roll, but someone could get bumped to wing and he may end up on the 2nd line?

Connolly is just far too injury prone for my liking.....
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  14:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bergeron will likely improve once Savard is back and he is off the top line. He had one of his best years last year, playing 2nd and 3rd line C, and he should improve once he gets back there.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4967
( )

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  15:44:10  Reply with Quote
i have both in my pool and i wasnt suprised that tim got hurt, cuz that's what he does. patrice is is the safer pick in m eyes.
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  16:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
connoly is alot better than bergeron, But who will play more games is the key

Go OILERS Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  17:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

connoly is alot better than bergeron, But who will play more games is the key

Go OILERS Go!!!

So you're suggesting that Connolly should have made the olympic team?

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  22:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I for one think that Connolly should have made the US Olympic team.

Connoly is American - he was passed over for Olympic consideration largely due to a very poor start while the Olympic team was being picked, and (so the boards at the time speculated), he was not a physical enough player - it was Burke's team remember. If you do a search for it there is quite a bit of debate around his exclusion, given that he is one of the best point producing American born players over the last 3 years in any position, at nearly a PPG.

Bergeron, on the other hand, was having his most outstanding post-concussion season when he was chosen - the 2 years before that he would not have had a chance at selection, and even then his selection to the 2010 team was a bit of a surprise. He has not yet duplicated that season leading up to the Olympic selection.

Edited by - nuxfan on 11/30/2010 22:01:30
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  22:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I for one think that Connolly should have made the US Olympic team.

Connoly is American - he was passed over for Olympic consideration largely due to a very poor start while the Olympic team was being picked, and (so the boards at the time speculated), he was not a physical enough player - it was Burke's team remember. If you do a search for it there is quite a bit of debate around his exclusion, given that he is one of the best point producing American born players over the last 3 years in any position, at nearly a PPG. I find it perplexing that Drury made this team and Connolly didn't.

Bergeron, on the other hand, was having his most outstanding post-concussion season when he was chosen - the 2 years before that he would not have had a chance at selection, and even then his selection to the 2010 team was a bit of a surprise. He has not yet duplicated that season leading up to the Olympic selection.

Go to Top of Page

dan.k.w
Top Prospect

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  07:14:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: