Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Winnipeg / Atlanta
 The Atlanta Anomaly Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4278
( )

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  18:42:06  Reply with Quote
I was looking at the team stats today and noticed that Atlanta's top 2 scoring leaders are both defencemen (Byfuglien and Enstrom). I can't recall any team at any time that was lead by 2 defencemen in points.

There was only a few other team currently wtih a defencemen leading the team in points (Edmonton (tie), Phoenix, Nashville). But to have 2 defencemen as your top 2, rare feat indeed. This may appear in one of your next hockey quizzes.

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  05:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it holds up - yes, it will indeed be a first, I'd think! But I doubt it.

Wait, I just checked the stats . . . Antropov only has 20 points?!? Little has 25 in 39?!? Peverly has 25 in 45 gp?!? I didn't realise that their "top" players were doing so poorly statistically . . . this is a weird team!

I changed my mind . . . unless either defenceman gets injured, or unless Andrew Ladd has his first ever 60 point season, 11 points better than his career year so far . . . it's gonna be two defencemen leading the team. Wow.

Cannot remember that EVER happening.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  09:23:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too bad for Atlanta, smart coaches should dwell in on those 2 players and wipe out their offense.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  09:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ATL has a very balanced attack this year, they seem to be getting scoring from a lot of different sources, both on the forward lines and (obviously) on defense. Not a bad problem to have.

Duke - it would be difficult for a team to focus on checking defensemen rather than forwards - dmen play more minutes generally, and they often play against more than one forward line of the opposition. It would be hard to have a single forward line checking a pair of dmen - especially if those dmen were playing on different lines.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page