Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 WHO IS THE BEST DEFENDER IN THE NHL Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  20:50:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Alex, forgot to mention...i do see your point that one had to go but.... unlike the Burke draft pick fiasco...which blew up in his face....

Difference is that Burke gambled on the unknown.....Muckler had 2 knowns in front of his face, Redden and Chara. I agree that Redden was playing well at the time but offensive defense can be replaced....question is ....

Who the hell can you pick up to replace Chara ???? This guy is a coaches and GM`s dream player. A giant who can play hockey and play it well....also with offensive upside...

Guys like Chara are a once in a lifetime opportunity for GM`s, they don`t come along everyday and Muckler was too stupid to see it, he should have locked him up with a fat contract. The Chara`s of the world keep coaches and GM`s jobs safe.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  22:25:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke.....my whole point is that there were more reason's for the Sens not resigning Chara, than simply "Muckler was too stupid". Here, have a read of this. This is a blog entry by an Ottawa guy from their local radio station. Seems there was far more to it than what we've discussed here.

http://tgornation.blogspot.ca/2011/01/why-zdeno-chara-left-ottawa.html

The biggest problem with the way Muckler handled it was getting nothing in return for him when he left as a free agent.
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  07:37:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think his biggest mistake was allowing him to sign with a division rival he should have traded his rights to the western conference

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  19:28:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always more to a story than whats meets the eye Alex. Things like this make sense.

As to not staying because Ott wouldn`t make him team captain, thats ridiculous, too foolish to even talk about.

Basically Muckler gained Heatley...but lost Hossa and Chara because of it. Most likely lost a stanley cup because of this too.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  23:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Always more to a story than whats meets the eye Alex. Things like this make sense.

As to not staying because Ott wouldn`t make him team captain, thats ridiculous, too foolish to even talk about.

Basically Muckler gained Heatley...but lost Hossa and Chara because of it. Most likely lost a stanley cup because of this too.

I'd have to agree, i don't buy the "i wanna be captain" thing whatsoever!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9558
( )

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  20:53:33  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

...This is a blog entry by an Ottawa guy from their local radio station. Seems there was far more to it than what we've discussed here.

http://tgornation.blogspot.ca/2011/01/why-zdeno-chara-left-ottawa.html

Maybe, but one should never put too much credence in what's said by the talking heads, especially four years after the fact. These stories make for good press. It's the first I've heard about Chara being upset by the Hossa trade, and yes, I live in Ottawa.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page