Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Are the Habs done dealing??? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chef
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  16:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does Gauthier have enough brass to land a big top forward. Penner,Havlat or Arnott???

Habs for the Cup

JonPolley
Top Prospect

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  18:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hope so.. but so far hasn't shown that he has.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  19:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Penner will cost more than what Montreal is willing to give up, IMO. Penner is not a UFA and under contract for a reasonable $4 million for a 30 goal guy. The Oilers have also said they will only move players if 'the move significantly improves the Oilers future." That means good young players.

Havlat, not a chance. See Penner but only a better player under contract for another 4 seasons at $5 million. He has already matched his production from last year through 60 games and is on pace for a little more than 70 points. Minny should not be interested in moving their leading scorer while they are in a playoff spot.

Arnott is a possibility. He has a NMC and is a UFA at the end of the year. His value is lower than the other two suggested and a more likely option. However, does Arnott want to play in Montreal??

Regardless, I would suggest Montreal is still more interested in help on defense than help on offense. Cammellari is still quality even with an off year. But without a stable defense Montreal is in trouble.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  22:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Penner will cost more than what Montreal is willing to give up, IMO. Penner is not a UFA and under contract for a reasonable $4 million for a 30 goal guy. The Oilers have also said they will only move players if 'the move significantly improves the Oilers future." That means good young players.

Havlat, not a chance. See Penner but only a better player under contract for another 4 seasons at $5 million. He has already matched his production from last year through 60 games and is on pace for a little more than 70 points. Minny should not be interested in moving their leading scorer while they are in a playoff spot.

Arnott is a possibility. He has a NMC and is a UFA at the end of the year. His value is lower than the other two suggested and a more likely option. However, does Arnott want to play in Montreal??

Regardless, I would suggest Montreal is still more interested in help on defense than help on offense. Cammellari is still quality even with an off year. But without a stable defense Montreal is in trouble.

I tend to agree with you Beans i would even liek to see the habs give up a Andrei Kostitsyn for a strong d man not sessiarily a point getter but a solid tough d man to help clear the front of the net for Price,... Subban Wisneiski and Hammirlik cna carry the offensive load along with help from Weaber and Sopel but the habs need one of those d man who makes opposing players weary of heading to the front of the net,,, the problem is who ?

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page