Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Oh Oh.....you okay Sami? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  19:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watching the Canucks / Wild game and Salo just got hit by a shot. Looks like his forearm area and the way he left the ice and immediately went to the dressing room plus his injury history, i'm guessing he's prob broken a bone.

Who knows, maybe just a "stinger" but when you're made of glass, you tend to break.

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  22:48:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am thinking broken bone, that was quite a shot and caught him fully on the arm. It wouldn't surprise me if he tripped in the tunnel on the way to the dressing room and pulled a groin as well...

Ah well, it was good while it lasted. If its broken he should be ready for the second round - and we're getting close to Bieksa and Alberts back I think...just as well we pretty much have top-3 playoff spot sewn up.
Go to Top of Page

FutureKesler
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  06:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who can replace sami now? Bieksa, Edler, Alberts are all out.
Heck even Lee Sweat out. How about Parent? Or is he still injured? If not parent are we calling up Flood? Connauton?
This injuries are getting worse snd worse. Why does it happen to the canucks always???

Kesler is the TRUE Nucks Captain.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  09:36:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bieksa is supposed to be back this week, so he should be able to fill in once again. Depending on how serious the injury to Salo is (I heard this morning that its not broken), he should be back for playoffs. Alberts will be back for playoffs. The only one I haven't heard about is Edler, but he's still a month away from his projected return so maybe thats not a bad thing.

Some interesting tidbits - I heard this morning that this is Salo's 41st hockey injury in his career, and that it is the first time he's hurt his elbow. He has also never had a concussion, go figure.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  13:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, good news - nothing broken for Salo, just a numbed elbow from the shot. Good chance he plays again Wednesday and will miss no time.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  14:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard Yan Sauve would get the call as he played fairly well in his 3 game stint earlier this season. Parent's a strange one. This guy had so much potential and nothing has come of it. Guess that happens from time to time though.

As for Salo, the ironic, or maybe not so ironic, thing is, they say that if he misses a game due to this, it will be his 41st "official" injury and it will bring his avg to 1 injury per 16.6 games played over his career. Get this, last game was his 16th of the season. Guess he was due?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  10:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazing stat . . . really? One injury per 16.6 games?

That has to be some kind of record, especially over a fairly long career for old brittle bones.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/16/2011 15:02:40
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  14:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo.....where on TSN did you get those numbers? I looked up Hemsky and counted 16 myself but i also looked up Salo and found 36 (or 35?). Is there a spot where they list "official" injuries?

I also looked up Tim Connolly as i know he's had his fair share of "hurt" but only found around 17 (plus he's played over 600 games).
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  15:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Amazing stat . . . really? One injury per 16.6 games?

That has to be some kind of record, especially over a fairly long career for old brittle bones.

I bet Hemsky might be close to that number. He has been injured a ton. Not counting the flu, TSN has 20 injuries listed for Hemsky and he has 490 career games. That's an injury every 24.5 games. Not as high as Salo, but he's the close guy I can think of.

*** Sorry guys. I originally intended to reply to Slozo's quote but us moderators also have an edit button that I clicked un-intentionally. I have fixed this now.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  07:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex - I didn't provide those numbers, Alex did . . . oh, wait. That's you.

You are asking me, who was wondering at the crazy stat you provided, where I got that, when I am quoting you?

I think you need a hottub time-machine, dude!

Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  08:07:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a crazy stat on Salo! A guy like Peter Forsberg has to be up there too in terms of total injuries, although with him more often than not they were either nagging groin or ankle injuries which kept sidelining him.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  10:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Alex - I didn't provide those numbers, Alex did . . . oh, wait. That's you.

You are asking me, who was wondering at the crazy stat you provided, where I got that, when I am quoting you?

I think you need a hottub time-machine, dude!

WTF??? I'm confused , i don't know what happened there. I swear i read the Hemsky comment before i posted but now it's showing up after my post???

If i did this last night it'd make sense (went out for a few cold ones), but this was yesterday afternoon???

Bring on that hot tub Slozo, i dunno know what i did there?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  10:13:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No hot tub needed guys.

*** Sorry guys. I originally intended to reply to Slozo's quote but us moderators also have an edit button that I clicked un-intentionally. I have fixed this now.

I made the mistake and the confusion. 50 lashes deserved. Again, my apologies.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0825
( )

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  14:28:44  Reply with Quote
hahaha everyone in january was like "yesss salos comin back" and i said so? he'll be out again in march. SOOO TRUE. TRADE HIM GODDAM, i mean he's GOOD when he actually PLAYS but otherwise hes just milkin' that no trade claus on his contract.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  14:34:57  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0825

hahaha everyone in january was like "yesss salos comin back" and i said so? he'll be out again in march. SOOO TRUE. TRADE HIM GODDAM, i mean he's GOOD when he actually PLAYS but otherwise hes just milkin' that no trade claus on his contract.

yep he really milked this last one, didnt end up missing a single game!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page