Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Playoff Pool Help! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6320
( )

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  18:13:05  Reply with Quote
I'm going to do my first playoff pool this year with a bunch of guys that are experienced. Can everyone please give me some pointers and some people I should consider drafting??

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  19:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would recommend just decide the teams you think will get to the cup finals, then try to take the players from that team. I would recommened try picking from Anaheim, Detroit, Philly and Boston, but just go with your gut and good luck!

Bring back the Jets!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5289
( )

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  20:02:13  Reply with Quote
don't pass on pavelski and clowe
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  20:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What kind of pool is it? Is it a "snake" type draft, a pool where you just take any 15 or 20 players you want, etc.

I go in both kind of pools for the playoffs. In one of them, you can take any 14 forwards, 6 defensemen, 2 goalies & 2 enforcers. In it, i usually decide on 4 teams to go with (2 from each conference), and load up with players from those clubs.

In pools where there is an actual live draft, well the plan more often than not goes out the window by the time the 1st round is over. It's easy to say load up on Vancouver or Philadelphia...but everyone else will have that plan as well. My pool usually has about 15 guys, so by the time you get to the 3rd round, basically all the top (and middle) tier guys from the top contenders are all gone. For me, in this type of draft i try to just make sure i pick guys who i feel will at least make it to the 2nd round. If you can get 2 full rounds out of the majority of your players, you'll be in good shape.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page