Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Bryan Murray extension Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  13:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bryan Murray has signed a three year extension to stay in Ottawa as the Gm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=361371

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  13:54:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess he started the rebuild so they might as well let him continue...

Bring back the Jets!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4278
( )

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  21:14:42  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

Bryan Murray has signed a three year extension to stay in Ottawa as the Gm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=361371

From what I hear in Ottawa, I thought he was the problem by signing bad UFAs to the team. Then proceeded to trade away what was valuable for a rebuild. Sens fan can you explain this because none of this makes any sense. I guess your coach is a goner, then if they keep the GM. Something gotta change right?
Go to Top of Page

Guest3374
( )

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  06:31:42  Reply with Quote
Hasn't anyone else noticed this..? Ever since Brian Murray took over as GM they have gotten worse and worse... Yes, they did make it to the cup final, but they did that with the team that Brian Murray inherited from John Muckler... Wow, Sens owner really has his head up his a@#
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  07:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Bryan Murray has made some bad signings and trades (Kovalev, Gonchar, Leclaire) but he has also made some good trades like picking up Sutton and Cullen for the playoff run last year or getting Anderson for Elliot. He is also been an amazing drafter in his years as Gm and has done a pretty good job during the rebuild.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  17:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bryan Murray is no fluke. The guy has done more in hockey than most realize. Anyone know he is a Jack Adams winner and the 5th coach in history of his 600 wins?? He has been the GM of Detroit, Florida(taking them to the Finals), Anaheim (taking them to the Finals), and Ottawa (taking them to the Finals).

How many GM's in history have taken 3 different teams to the Finals???

As far as bad signings, every GM has had some. You could look through the history of the NHL and there is not a single GM who doesn't have any bad signings.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  11:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

Yes Bryan Murray has made some bad signings and trades (Kovalev, Gonchar, Leclaire) but he has also made some good trades like picking up Sutton and Cullen for the playoff run last year or getting Anderson for Elliot. He is also been an amazing drafter in his years as Gm and has done a pretty good job during the rebuild.

Hindsight is 20/20. Gonchar was a quarterback of the #1 powerplay and one of the most offensive threats in Pittsburg. Always on my hockey pool roster prior to his signing in Ottawa. Kovalev was inconsistant but deadly with the Rangers, Montreal and Pittsburg, like Gonchar just not in stellar Ottawa. Leclair looked like a great pickup and the final piece for a team who struggled in goal in the Stanely Cup finals. You cant blame a GM for strange freak injuries. He got hit in the eye why riding the bench at a game. There was little time for him to establish his game in Ottawa. In Columbus he looked stellar in front of that mediocre team. Why wouldn't you seek him if you thought you could trade for him. I'll bet with a little luck and a new team you will see him as a starter or a #1 in the future.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page