Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Playoff Pool Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  17:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'm glad you said why so that I could clear it up for you...
Go to Top of Page

STobin9
Top Prospect

Canada
64 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  17:46:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
about the time zones
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  18:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Ok here is my idea:

I would really love to do a fantasy draft because I think they're the most fun and most interesting. But, fantasy drafts over the web are hard, especially with contributors to this forum leaving in every corner (literally) of Canada and the US. So what I ask is that anyone who wants to join this be willing to participate in a very timely manner, as there will only be 2-3 days between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs (regular season ends on Sunday, April 8th so my guess is that the first round starts on Wednesday the 11th). I thought I had heard something earlier in the season about the date for the start of the playoffs having been set but I can't find it. If someone does, let me know.

Seen as we span out across 5 time zones, a schedule to draft players should be split up, say into 3 zones (West, Central and East - very original as always). Seen as there are probably more members from the West, we might be able to create a second Western draft, any adjustments can be made later. If there is an overflow of interest overall, other zones could be split up as well. Might sound complicated, but I know what I'm doing so there won't be a problem.

Now because there SHOULD be two full days off between the regular season and the playoffs, those are the days we should conduct the draft (obviously). I will set three draft starting times (all PM): 8 Pacific, 8 Central and 8 Atlantic on Monday the 9th through to the 10th if needed.

I will start another thread later asking when people would prefer to draft. Now if you live in BC, but 4PM would work better for you, then feel free to sign up for the 8AT draft. These are just times that I feel would be most convenient for the people living in those time zones. Please note that when you sign up for a time, that you should be available at that time and to allow for a couple hours for the draft to finish. If for some reason the draft doesn't get completed that night, then there is still Tuesday to finish it. I find that if we allowed for more time, people wouldn't make themselves available and it would defeat the purpose. Here is what I propose for the draft:

5 forwards, 3 defensemen and 1 goalie = 9 players. I don't think it's too much if the drafting gets done in a timely manner. When the GOAT draft rolled, it really rolled quickly so I think it's doable. Points would be simple:

1 point for:
Goal
Assist

2 points for:
Goalie win
Goalie shutout (extra)

Any comments/suggestions?

ok but how many people will be allowed in the draft
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  19:15:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by STobin9

about the time zones

Well what don't you understand?

JB, I was thinking that anyone can join and when I get the final number, I can split us up in groups of 6-8 and the drafts could go from there. The only reason they would be split up would be to simplify drafting, but EVERYONE would be competing against one another, not just within their group. So the winning team might have some of the same guys as the second place team, but they would have drafted from different groups, so their teams would likely not be very similar.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 03/12/2007 19:16:08
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  20:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to be in it.Sounds fun.
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  21:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

JB, I was thinking that anyone can join and when I get the final number, I can split us up in groups of 6-8 and the drafts could go from there. The only reason they would be split up would be to simplify drafting, but EVERYONE would be competing against one another, not just within their group. So the winning team might have some of the same guys as the second place team, but they would have drafted from different groups, so their teams would likely not be very similar.
[/quote]

ok i like that idea, and will there be prizes or not
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  22:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uhh no prizes lol. This has nothing to do with Pickup Hockey, this is just something the forum members are doing for fun.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 03/12/2007 22:08:52
Go to Top of Page

STobin9
Top Prospect

Canada
64 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  10:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh ok i get it now. im in
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  10:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok before I get everyone who's interested to "sign up", I just want to know if there are any suggestions about the way this is going to run first, in case something could work better.
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  11:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There probably wont be anymore suggestions because babs made them really good.
Go to Top of Page

STobin9
Top Prospect

Canada
64 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  16:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah. i agree babs owns
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  18:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is every individual going to pick a seperate team, because if so, there can only be 16 members playing....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  18:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never said anything about picking teams...

Anyways, whoever is interested can register in the new Registration thread.
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  18:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where is the registration thread?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  18:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Done.
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  20:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
should we lock up this thread now?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  20:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm keeping it open IN CASE anyone has any questions about the pool. I want the other one to strictly be registration. I will lock it up next week when the pool is closed.
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  15:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey can i join too or is it too late?
Go to Top of Page

STobin9
Top Prospect

Canada
64 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  13:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ok here is my idea:

I would really love to do a fantasy draft because I think they're the most fun and most interesting. But, fantasy drafts over the web are hard, especially with contributors to this forum leaving in every corner (literally) of Canada and the US. So what I ask is that anyone who wants to join this be willing to participate in a very timely manner, as there will only be 2-3 days between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs (regular season ends on Sunday, April 8th so my guess is that the first round starts on Wednesday the 11th). I thought I had heard something earlier in the season about the date for the start of the playoffs having been set but I can't find it. If someone does, let me know.

Seen as we span out across 5 time zones, a schedule to draft players should be split up, say into 3 zones (West, Central and East - very original as always). Seen as there are probably more members from the West, we might be able to create a second Western draft, any adjustments can be made later. If there is an overflow of interest overall, other zones could be split up as well. Might sound complicated, but I know what I'm doing so there won't be a problem.

Now because there SHOULD be two full days off between the regular season and the playoffs, those are the days we should conduct the draft (obviously). I will set three draft starting times (all PM): 8 Pacific, 8 Central and 8 Atlantic on Monday the 9th through to the 10th if needed.

I will start another thread later asking when people would prefer to draft. Now if you live in BC, but 4PM would work better for you, then feel free to sign up for the 8AT draft. These are just times that I feel would be most convenient for the people living in those time zones. Please note that when you sign up for a time, that you should be available at that time and to allow for a couple hours for the draft to finish. If for some reason the draft doesn't get completed that night, then there is still Tuesday to finish it. I find that if we allowed for more time, people wouldn't make themselves available and it would defeat the purpose. Here is what I propose for the draft:

5 forwards, 3 defensemen and 1 goalie = 9 players. I don't think it's too much if the drafting gets done in a timely manner. When the GOAT draft rolled, it really rolled quickly so I think it's doable. Points would be simple:

1 point for:
Goal
Assist

2 points for:
Goalie win
Goalie shutout (extra)

Any comments/suggestions?

I know it's a little late, but i just noticed the draft was on Easter Monday. This probably won't affect me, but it may affect others. Not saying you should cancel it or anything, but just take it into consideration.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  13:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well maybe that's why the number of people in it is so low. But the date was there and I made sure that people knew the date so if they're signed up it should mean they WILL be available.
Go to Top of Page

T-RAV17
Top Prospect

24 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  09:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in for this ,too if i can get in. (PLEEZ)

Go Washington and Ottawa!
Go to Top of Page

dannywer0
Top Prospect

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  08:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I still get in. If so I'd like to
Go to Top of Page

dannywer0
Top Prospect

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  08:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually count me out i dont have the time for a fantasy draft
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  19:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

my guess is that the first round starts on Wednesday the 11th). I thought I had heard something earlier in the season about the date for the start of the playoffs having been set but I can't find it. If someone does, let me know.

Yes April 11 is correct. Playoffs start then. Can't wait!

Edited by - Mikhailova on 04/07/2007 19:47:58
Go to Top of Page

STobin9
Top Prospect

Canada
64 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  07:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know about how long this draft will take?
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  09:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it's got to be done before the playoffs start, so we should get through it in two days (9th-10th).
Go to Top of Page

STobin9
Top Prospect

Canada
64 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  18:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, you don't have to be like glued to your computer for like 3 hours straight?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  18:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just check in as often as you can. There are only 5-6 people in each draft so the rounds should be moving quickly and the sooner it's done, the more convenient for everyone. It's only a couple days where I'm asking you to be more available, not a huge deal I don't think.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  18:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well no STobin, but just try to check back often to see when it's your turn and post so it can move along quickly. BTW, you need to sign in to the Atlantic Draft in the Fantasy Hockey forums.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 04/08/2007 18:40:08
Go to Top of Page

STobin9
Top Prospect

Canada
64 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  18:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Well no STobin, but just try to check back often to see when it's your turn and post so it can move along quickly. BTW, you need to sign in to the Atlantic Draft in the Fantasy Hockey forums.

Alright, thanks aa lot for the help guys. I haven't been on pickup for long, so I'm still learning how to do things. BTW Mik, I have signed it and made my first pick, you're up!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  18:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I know, I already posted my first pick. Where is Odelein Fan??? He's up and I haven't seen him for ages!
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  15:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now its you we can't find MIK
You're up
Go to Top of Page

ThrillKill
Top Prospect

3 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  16:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
too late to get in on this?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  17:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it's too late to join the Fantasy Drafts but if you suck up to Leafs Fan he might let you into the box draft!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  17:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i guess i will

Sens Suck
Canadians Suck
Leafs Rule

Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka